Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2022, 08:10 PM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
if they are atheists, they are not capable to understand....
Judging from all the arguments Christians get into with each other regarding dogma, I don't think christians are capable of understanding their own beliefs. People in glass houses, and all that sort of thing ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2022, 08:38 PM

22,137 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Judging from all the arguments Christians get into with each other regarding dogma, I don't think christians are capable of understanding their own beliefs. People in glass houses, and all that sort of thing ...
given what is stated in the post above, then that also holds true for atheists: "Judging from all the arguments atheists get into with each other regarding atheism, then it shows that atheists are not capable of understanding their own beliefs."

Thousands of pages of posts here on CD, atheists arguing and disagreeing with each other about atheism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
it is well documented on CD that atheists here on CD do not agree on definition of atheist and atheism. it is also documented in threads on CD that atheists also disagree regarding the contents of the sticky note in the Atheism forum, including those who contributed to the sticky note. So even going by what the sticky note in the Atheism forum says, has atheists on CD arguing and claiming no it is not correct.

a few examples of the voluminous documentation of atheists disagreeing are: "Atheism just another belief system?" (44 pages of posts), "This forum seems to be slowly dying" (22 pages of posts), "Different moral" (36 pages of posts), "How do you know your religion is the right religion" (108 pages of posts), "Atheism as a rejection of not disbelief in" (641 pages of posts),"The fascination with atheism" (35 pages of posts), "Atheists do you want to end or stop religion" (43 pages of posts), "The need to believe or not" (43 pages)

and that is just the most recent sampling, there are more threads too. discussed this at length here, it was quite entertaining, having an atheist blame theists for "misinterpreting" the atheist sticky which was created by the atheists themselves on CD.

Old 09-08-2022, 08:46 PM

19,012 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Isa is Ishvara, Lord, the Ruler. Not Yeshu, Jesus. He cannot be Jesus-putram, son of Jesus. The translation is correct, Ishvara’s putram, son, i am to be known (viddhi)
Mlecchas is a derogatory term. All Hindu are not vegetarians, many do eat meat, always have. Some choose to not eat meat, or consume alcohol, heavily spiced food because of dietary science that divides food that are satvic and notvsatvic. What one consumes affect the mind so one should use discrimination. This the basis for not eating meat. The concept of ahimsa, non-violence came with Jain and Buddhism.

That's one of the point of views about Vedas.

Vedas have different one and one and only. Both Buddha ,Jesus and Mahomet were prophesied. So are the next three saviors to humanity.

Be well

Old 09-08-2022, 08:46 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
given what is stated in the post above, then that also holds true for atheists: "Judging from all the arguments atheists get into with each other regarding atheism, then it shows that atheists are not capable of understanding their own beliefs."

Thousands of pages of posts here on CD, atheists arguing and disagreeing with each other about atheism.

Atheists don't fight. It's the Christians who go at each other's throat. Just check the Christianity forum where atheists don't hang out much. All those threads are infighting among Christians.

I don't of 40,000 sects of atheism, but I certainly know 40,000 sects of Christianity. That'll give you a clue who's doing the fighting.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Atheists don't fight. It's the Christians who go at each other's throat. Just check the Christianity forum where atheists don't hang out much. All those threads are infighting among Christians.I don't of 40,000 sects of atheism, but I certainly know 40,000 sects of Christianity. That'll give you a clue who's doing the fighting.
on CD yes very much so do atheists argue and disagree about atheism. it is well documented. all those threads and hundreds of pages of posts are infighting among atheists. it is the same behavior demonstrated.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:14 PM

78 posts, read 27,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Atheists don't fight. It's the Christians who go at each other's throat. Just check the Christianity forum where atheists don't hang out much. All those threads are infighting among Christians.

I don't of 40,000 sects of atheism, but I certainly know 40,000 sects of Christianity. That'll give you a clue who's doing the fighting.
You mean atheists don't fight about atheism, correct? Atheism is just the lack of belief in theism - you can't really have sects based on how you don't believe in something.
But atheists don't need religion to fight each other. That's why you guys have politics, no?

Old 09-08-2022, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHJ7 View Post
You mean atheists don't fight about atheism, correct? Atheism is just the lack of belief in theism - you can't really have sects based on how you don't believe in something.
But atheists don't need religion to fight each other. That's why you guys have politics, no?
atheists argue and fight and disagree about atheism. here on CD. thousands of pages of posts. Atheists here on CD even fight about the sticky note in the Atheist forum which describes and explains atheism, and the contributors to creating that sticky are atheists here on CD. so yeah, atheists here on CD yes do argue and disagree extensively about atheism.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:46 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,174,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I am a Gnostic. I agree with you about the most of Christians. And this is true in other religions too.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:58 PM

5,901 posts, read 3,789,744 times
Quote:
atheists argue and fight and disagree about atheism. here on CD. thousands of pages of posts. Atheists here on CD even fight about the sticky note in the Atheist forum which describes and explains atheism, and the contributors to creating that sticky are atheists here on CD. so yeah, atheists here on CD yes do argue and disagree extensively about atheism.
That is such a dramatic exaggeration of the truth. The proof is in the pudding, where's your sources for all the "arguing and disagreeing extensively? between atheists? Oh, and like you religious people don't argue amongst yourselves endlessly, day and night. You just have a huge problem with atheists. Your post quoted above proves it.

Not to mention, the many other posts of yours condemning atheists right here in black and white for everyone to see. You play "Operation" with their posts, dissecting out the words that only YOU find offensive or doesn't fit in with what you believe. Then there is the twisting of words, taking things out of context and not quoting the whole post. I guess you think you are always right and when you are needing a nit-picking fix you come in, guns blazing, shredding and tearing up what was a perfectly good discussion and turn it into something ugly.

I've heard you are supposed to be smart. So where's the proof of these claims you are making?

I want the EXTENSIVENESS to shine brightly, or your claims are invalid. One or two posts is not representative of all the other thousands of posts from atheists NOT arguing with each other. Don't forget the ones where you started the arguments. You need to go back to the inception of CD for accurate data.

Old 09-08-2022, 10:04 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
You are correct. Atheists are far from perfect. Only theists are perfect. And only theists never have difference if opinions. I have even had disagreements with my spouse of 47 years. Yes we are a terrible lot you have every right to dispise us as you do. And everyone should have your religious, political and economic views or they have no rights to ever speak.

May we all strive to be as perfect as you and never have a disagreement with anyone but as lowly unworthy Atheists who for some sad reason have our own personal opinions.

Just remember the next time those neo natizs March you should join them as disagreement is wrong and they are your fellow theists and theists unlike Atheists never have disagreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality