Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2022, 04:06 PM

32,890 posts, read 26,112,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Yes but not in the way you understand it, we are living in the sixth day of creation, humanity is still being made in the image and likeness of God.
Genesis 2:1-3 says that the seventh day came and was blessed by God. If, biblically speaking, God blessed the seventh day then logically we cannot still be in the sixth day. You have to slant what the story says in order to come up with your attempts at an explanation.

Quote:
It is not a second creation account and I did show you evolution in progress, we evolve from a man of dust into a heavenly man.
Yes it is, and no, you didn't. You're creating fantasies and ignoring reality. Science knows nothing about man 'evolving from a man of dust into a heavenly man.' The scientific theory of evolution can in no way be reconciled with that nonsense.

Quote:
that you were so quick to respond shows me you did not even try to understand what I was saying. Try chewing on what I said for awhile and then see if it makes some sense to you.
If science and the Genesis creation story can be reconciled with each other as you claim you should be able to clearly explain how they do without resorting to slight of hand attempts which are not even supported by the creation story itself. The creation of man in Genesis is stated as having already been completed by the seventh day.

Now . . .simply . . . explain how the physical creation of man's body as presented in Genesis as having been created on day six, especially Eve being built from a rib can be reconciled with man's physical evolution over a period of hundreds of thousands of years.

You can't, and you surely must know that you can't and so you've created your own version of what the Genesis story says and then pretend or try to convince everyone that science agrees with the Genesis story. It doesn't!!!

Genesis one and two are not literal and they are not historical. They are stories only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2022, 04:30 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,318,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Genesis 2:1-3 says that the seventh day came and was blessed by God. If, biblically speaking, God blessed the seventh day then logically we cannot still be in the sixth day. You have to slant what the story says in order to come up with your attempts at an explanation.

Yes it is, and no, you didn't. You're creating fantasies and ignoring reality. Science knows nothing about man 'evolving from a man of dust into a heavenly man.' The scientific theory of evolution can in no way be reconciled with that nonsense.

If science and the Genesis creation story can be reconciled with each other as you claim you should be able to clearly explain how they do without resorting to slight of hand attempts which are not even supported by the creation story itself. The creation of man in Genesis is stated as having already been completed by the seventh day.

Now . . .simply . . . explain how the physical creation of man's body as presented in Genesis as having been created on day six, especially Eve being built from a rib can be reconciled with man's physical evolution over a period of hundreds of thousands of years.

You can't, and you surely must know that you can't and so you've created your own version of what the Genesis story says and then pretend or try to convince everyone that science agrees with the Genesis story. It doesn't!!!

Genesis one and two are not literal and they are not historical. They are stories only.
I already explained this but here it is again.

Isa 46:9 - Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

46:10 - Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

And as I showed via Paul we are not yet in the image and likeness of God, thus the sixth day cannot have been concluded.

We are Gods workmanship created in Christ Jesus.

God was declaring the END from the beginning mike and in the very end on that seventh day after humanity is created in his image and likeness Only then will God rest.

Old 09-24-2022, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I already explained this but here it is again.

Isa 46:9 - Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

46:10 - Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

And as I showed via Paul we are not yet in the image and likeness of God, thus the sixth day cannot have been concluded.

We are Gods workmanship created in Christ Jesus.

God was declaring the END from the beginning mike and in the very end on that seventh day after humanity is created in his image and likeness Only then will God rest.
You are not explaining anything. Further, by denying the fact that Genesis says that the sixth day has come and gone and the seventh day was blessed by God you are in fact saying that you do NOT believe the Genesis story.

And you are purposely avoiding my request that you explain how science can be reconciled with Genesis.

Now explain how a rib woman can be reconciled with biological evolution.

Old 09-24-2022, 04:56 PM

Quote:
You are not explaining anything. Further, by denying the fact that Genesis says that the sixth day has come and gone and the seventh day was blessed by God you are in fact saying that you do NOT believe the Genesis story.

And you are purposely avoiding my request that you explain how science can be reconciled with Genesis.

Now explain how a rib woman can be reconciled with biological evolution.
The genesis account does not say it has come and gone mike as I showed via Paul.

Think about it, if we are already made in the image and likeness of God then his image and likeness of the earthy, corrupt, heck just read 1co.15 and it very plain the first man Adam is not in the image and likeness of God.

your view of God the view of man, What a horrible view of God that is.

if God was not declaring the end from the beginning where oh where do you find God doing that if not from the beginning?

Your literal understanding of scripture is not sustainable, heck you don’t even believe it yourself, so instead of looking to the scriptures for an understanding you run to evolution to say it is not literal.

However it is literal just not after the fashion you believe.

We shall bear the image of the heavenly, the image of God, we just are not there yet.

And I have avoided nothing mike, i answered your questions you just cannot see that I did.

Old 09-24-2022, 05:28 PM

Quote:
The genesis account does not say it has come and gone mike as I showed via Paul.
Yes it does as a simple reading of Genesis 1:31-2:3 shows.
Quote:
Think about it, if we are already made in the image and likeness of God then his image and likeness of the earthy, corrupt, heck just read 1co.15 and it very plain the first man Adam is not in the image and likeness of God.
There are different views on exactly what being made in the image of God means. One view is that it simply refers to the fact that man is God's representative on the earth and that man is to rule over the fish, birds, cattle, and over all the earth as per Genesis 1:26.

Quote:
your view of God the view of man, What a horrible view of God that is.
So now you don't believe that evolution is a fact where before, you did. Now it's man's view vs God's view. So much for your claim that science (man's view) is in agreement with Genesis.

Quote:
if God was not declaring the end from the beginning where oh where do you find God doing that if not from the beginning?

Your literal understanding of scripture is not sustainable, heck you don’t even believe it yourself, so instead of looking to the scriptures for an understanding you run to evolution to say it is not literal.
So now Genesis is NOT literal. So if Genesis is not literal (and it isn't) then how can science which deals with the literal, with the factual, be reconciled with a non-literal story about a rib woman? How can a non-literal rib woman be reconciled to the scientific theory of evolution?
Quote:
However it is literal just not after the fashion you believe.
Ooops, back to literal again.
Quote:
We shall bear the image of the heavenly, the image of God, we just are not there yet.

And I have avoided nothing mike, i answered your questions you just cannot see that I did.
In order to maintain your view that the Bible is without error you are having to go all over the place with your arguments. It's no wonder that most people, including other Christians, don't accept your views.

Old 09-24-2022, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Yes it does as a simple reading of Genesis 1:31-2:3 shows.

There are different views on exactly what being made in the image of God means. One view is that it simply refers to the fact that man is God's representative on the earth and that man is to rule over the fish, birds, cattle, and over all the earth as per Genesis 1:26.

So now you don't believe that evolution is a fact where before, you did. Now it's man's view vs God's view. So much for your claim that science (man's view) is in agreement with Genesis.

So now Genesis is NOT literal. So if Genesis is not literal (and it isn't) then how can science which deals with the literal, with the factual, be reconciled with a non-literal story about a rib woman? How can a non-literal rib woman be reconciled to the scientific theory of evolution?

Ooops, back to literal again.

In order to maintain your view that the Bible is without error you are having to go all over the place with your arguments. It's no wonder that most people, including other Christians, don't accept your views.
Most people just read the scriptures or let others explain the scriptures to them. I actually study the scriptures and will not let anyone lead me about with bit and bridle.

It is obvious from this post you have no understanding of what I put forth however if you reread post 303 again and put aside your dislike of me you might actually see and understand what I said, as this post of yours is simply a mischaracterization of what I said.

Old 09-24-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Most people just read the scriptures or let others explain the scriptures to them. I actually study the scriptures and will not let anyone lead me about with bit and bridle.

It is obvious from this post you have no understanding of what I put forth however if you reread post 303 again and put aside your dislike of me you might actually see and understand what I said, as this post of yours is simply a mischaracterization of what I said.
I do in fact understand what you're saying. I'm saying that you're wrong. But you know what? You believe whatever you have to believe in order to get through the day, and in order to maintain your faith. You do you.

Old 09-24-2022, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I do in fact understand what you're saying. I'm saying that you're wrong. But you know what? You believe whatever you have to believe in order to get through the day, and in order to maintain your faith. You do you.
I don’t think you do understand what I have been saying mike.

If we/mankind is already in the image and likeness of God why is it we have to change?

Is it not the same body that went into the tomb the same body that was changed and came out of the tomb?

Like from the caterpillar to the butterfly.

Are we not changed in the resurrection? And if that change is not in the image and likeness of God what is it we are changed into?

Take the time to read 1co. 15 mike as Paul goes into this in some detail.

We shall bear the image of the heavenly, we as of now are not there yet.

This change Paul is speaking of will literally take place in us, thus Genesis 1:26& 27 will be literally fulfilled.

It is literal mike, just not your understanding of the literal reading.

Anyway like you said you do you.

Old 09-24-2022, 06:29 PM

50,154 posts, read 23,799,416 times
Quote:
Again it does not matter what others believe, this is just your attempt to muddy the waters.

You said science and the creation account cannot be reconciled.

I asked you to back your statement up.

You inferred that it would be a waste of your time
because religious people will just lie or deny the evidence.

I then showed how the scriptures and science are in align with each other and have yet to have any reply to it you then proceeded to say you cannot address each persons personal view, which is just another way to muddy the waters.

You are simply the one in denial phet, you have no answer to what I wrote so you keep muddling the water with all this other stuff so you do not have to address what I wrote.

And I am always examining my beliefs, for as I said I like to have my beliefs challenged as it will either strengthen them or I can see my error.

However just like here with you, once I put forth my belief and it challenges someone else belief, yours in this case, then the quit speaking with me or like you try and muddy the waters so they do not have to show me where I am wrong.

You say use others criticism of what I say to examine my own beliefs, yet you have yet to try and make an answer to what I wrote.

I get you do not like what I wrote as it shows you something you do not want to believe, but the evidence is there and your only doing that which you accuse the religious of doing, denying the evidence.
Yes, I do not believe the the biblical and scientific versions of creation can be reconciled.

Yes, it would be a waste of my time. Because you would simply dig in your heels and push fake science. Besides which, all you have to do is Google "does science agree with Biblical creation", filter out all the church/religious based hits you get, and focus on articles only published by non-religious scientific organizations.

I don't believe that people who believe what you do are lying. But you are denying, and that's dishonest.

You seem to have 'muddying the water' on the brain.

But again, if you have scientific qualifications that we're not aware of, you're welcome to share them with us.

Old 09-24-2022, 06:30 PM

50,154 posts, read 23,799,416 times
Quote:
Even though this has nothing to do with what I wrote concerning the creation of the heaven and the earth and
I have explained it to you before mike I will endeavour to do so again.

Gen.1:26 & 27 says

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them

This is yet to come to pass, it is God declaring the end from the beginning

How do we know Gen.1:26 & 27 is God declaring the end from the beginning?

Because Paul tells us in 1co.15.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Now it should be obvious that if the first man Adam is of the earth earthy and we as of right now bear that same image then it should also be obvious that we are not yet in the image and likeness of God. However we are promised that we shall bear the image of the heavenly or that of the second man.

Now scripture tells us that man/humanity is made in the image and likeness of God on the sixth day.
And as we are not yet in his image and likeness yet this would indicate we are living in the sixth day of creation.

Now then we come to Genesis 2.

It is not a second creation account, it is an explanation of how God will create humanity in his image and likeness as he had declared from the beginning.

Now most Christians know and believe that man/humanity can only be made in the image and likeness of God through Jesus Christ. And that is exactly what we see portrayed in Adam having a sleep and eve being formed out of him.

It is not the science that causes you all the problems mike it is your understanding of the scriptures that does.
I am not trying to be mean here or belittle you in any way mike I am trying to get you to look more closely at the scriptures and hopefully chew on what I have said in these posts for awhile and not just toss it all aside as garbage.

I fear the latter is what will happen but I hope for the former.
In all that you wrote in that post, there's not a bit of science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality