Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 03:31 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,548,018 times

Advertisements

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ne...pew-study.html

They refer to the latest PEW study, which shows that adherents to Christianity not only continue to decline, but it won't be long before they will no longer be in the majority.

Is it a prediction? No, but it is the most plausible scenario. There are others, and the study also shows them. However, in all cases, Christianity will still be the largest USA religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2022, 06:13 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,605,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

They refer to the latest PEW study, which shows that adherents to Christianity not only continue to decline, but it won't be long before they will no longer be in the majority.

Is it a prediction? No, but it is the most plausible scenario. There are others, and the study also shows them. However, in all cases, Christianity will still be the largest USA religion.
The U.S. is a outlier & less than 5% of global population.
A real look at it, takes a worldwide assessment.
Religion is growing in this world...it's Atheism that's shrinking as a percentage of the population.
84% of the world's people identify with a religion...and gaining.
Check it out...this is what you see when you research it:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...t-happens-next

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ds-population/

God Belief/Religion has been so prevalent in this world, for so long...it could be considered a "Standard of Human Understanding".

Old 09-13-2022, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The U.S. is a outlier & less than 5% of global population.
A real look at it, takes a worldwide assessment.
Religion is growing in this world...it's Atheism that's shrinking as a percentage of the population.
84% of the world's people identify with a religion...and gaining.
Check it out...this is what you see when you research it:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...t-happens-next

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ds-population/

God Belief/Religion has been so prevalent in this world, for so long...it could be considered a "Standard of Human Understanding".
The topic is about the USA. Not any other country. Try and stay on topic if you can.

Old 09-13-2022, 06:34 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,605,503 times
Quote:
The topic is about the USA. Not any other country. Try and stay on topic if you can.
Yes...as typical.
To skew overall Reality...to assuage the angst over what that Reality is. Typical.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:55 PM

19,734 posts, read 13,268,032 times
Quote:

A related phenomenon on the same predicted timeline is that whites will no longer be a majority in the US.The largest group IIRC will be hispanic followed by blacks, followed by whites, once the dust settles. Numerically, if not in actual power, whites will be a minority for the first time since this country's founding.

I suspect that white evangelicals find that even scarier than becoming the minority religion, globally speaking. And while Christianity will hold on longer in that regard in the US, they are feeling the pressure here, too.

Old 09-13-2022, 09:02 PM

32,890 posts, read 26,105,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
A related phenomenon on the same predicted timeline is that whites will no longer be a majority in the US.The largest group IIRC will be hispanic followed by blacks, followed by whites, once the dust settles. Numerically, if not in actual power, whites will be a minority for the first time since this country's founding.

I suspect that white evangelicals find that even scarier than becoming the minority religion, globally speaking. And while Christianity will hold on longer in that regard in the US, they are feeling the pressure here, too.
I wish there was a race of green skinned people. Especially green skinned women. But that's neither here nor there. Never mind. Sorry. Back to the topic.

Old 09-13-2022, 09:08 PM

19,734 posts, read 13,268,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I wish there was a race of green skinned people. Especially green skinned women. But that's neither here nor there. Never mind. Sorry. Back to the topic.
You must have seen Susan Oliver in green makeup as a "green animal woman from Rigel" in that dream sequence in the original Star Trek pilot or something. I have to admit that was sort of burned on my 10 year old brain, too, lol.

Old 09-13-2022, 09:14 PM

50,154 posts, read 23,799,416 times
Quote:

Yes, I think that is an accurate evaluation of the situation.

Old 09-13-2022, 09:33 PM

32,890 posts, read 26,105,247 times
Quote:
You must have seen Susan Oliver in green makeup as a "green animal woman from Rigel" in that dream sequence in the original Star Trek pilot or something. I have to admit that was sort of burned on my 10 year old brain, too, lol.
As a matter of fact, I did. There is also the she-hulk and my own imagination.

Old 09-13-2022, 09:41 PM

Quote:

I suspect you are right. Already on these forums one hears those that are afraid of the changing demographics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality