Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2014, 01:56 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times

Advertisements

Many people tend to agree that those who reach heaven will be rewarded with what ever they desire.

I have no problem that if sex is what people want for a reward, that is what they will have. I believe that no matter how a person feels on Earth if they reach heaven they wille have matured enough to realize that there are things more desirable than, Sex, Watermelons or Road Runer Cartoons.

Just my opinion but if a person really thinks they want eternal sex as a reward, that means they have not yet reached maturity. Sexual gratification is a very juvenile desire. but if that is the limit of ones desires, so be it. Not for me to tell other people what they desire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 07:40 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Many people tend to agree that those who reach heaven will be rewarded with what ever they desire.

I have no problem that if sex is what people want for a reward, that is what they will have. I believe that no matter how a person feels on Earth if they reach heaven they wille have matured enough to realize that there are things more desirable than, Sex, Watermelons or Road Runer Cartoons.

Just my opinion but if a person really thinks they want eternal sex as a reward, that means they have not yet reached maturity. Sexual gratification is a very juvenile desire. but if that is the limit of ones desires, so be it. Not for me to tell other people what they desire
Nice to see a liberal attitude toward this topic instead of all this "There is no marriage in heaven; instead we will all be married to Christ" guff.

But, Woodrow, don't equate marriage in heaven with purely sex and vice versa. The great Swedish philosopher and Christian seer Emmanuel Swedenborg who wrote voluminously on the topics of heaven and hell was convinced through divine revelation that all who desired it would have marriage partners in heaven. Never once did he employ the word, "sex" in relation to it. For him, marriage in heaven was a joining of the two minds/spirits/desires into one, not appendage inside orifice.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:04 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Nice to see a liberal attitude toward this topic instead of all this "There is no marriage in heaven; instead we will all be married to Christ" guff.
But, Woodrow, don't equate marriage in heaven with purely sex and vice versa. The great Swedish philosopher and Christian seer Emmanuel Swedenborg who wrote voluminously on the topics of heaven and hell was convinced through divine revelation that all who desired it would have marriage partners in heaven. Never once did he employ the word, "sex" in relation to it. For him, marriage in heaven was a joining of the two minds/spirits/desires into one, not appendage inside orifice.
That is definitely NOT sex then, thrill . . . and we would be in agreement.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:28 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is definitely NOT sex then, thrill . . . and we would be in agreement.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:28 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,057 times
I really hope there isn't "sexual relations" in Heaven.

I guess I just don't see the point. Why bother finding someone you supposedly love when one person is as good as the next given that we're all more or less perfect. And marriage is an act of exclusion which I don't see as being very conducive to a paradise. Even if husband and wife had a perfect relationship, I don't see how anyone can place one singular "person" (soul?) above all the others by marrying them. Because not only is marriage an act of exclusion, it's also an act of ownership. Married couples essentially "own" each other, and your spouse is supposed to be more important than the whole rest of the world combined (at least until children come along).

I just think the idea of marriage in Heaven would create a very "imperfect" social dynamic in a place that is supposed to be free of this kind of strife. Will everyone find a spouse? Will everyone WANT one?

And if Heaven should even exist, the idea of sexual relations gives me the heebee geebees - because if people are as obsessed about getting laid there as they are here on earth, Hell might actually start to look pretty good.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:04 PM

896 posts, read 1,864,864 times
If there is sex in Heaven then it would have to be an orgy in order to love everyone equally.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:09 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
There will be bliss in heaven. With 24/7 bliss, you don't need sex. Sex is just a very mechanical way to get to (temporary) bliss.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:24 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
who cares anyways. the world is oversexed enough as it is.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:32 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
I just think the idea of marriage in Heaven would create a very "imperfect" social dynamic in a place that is supposed to be free of this kind of strife. Will everyone find a spouse? Will everyone WANT one?

And if Heaven should even exist, the idea of sexual relations gives me the heebee geebees - because if people are as obsessed about getting laid there as they are here on earth, Hell might actually start to look pretty good.
Sex is just one more overrated thing that we think if we had lots of it, when we want it, the way we want it, we would be happy. More than that, actually -- because in heaven, we'd have to be forever and perpetually happy.

What we really want is to love and be loved, to understand someone and be understood by them in return. Sex is simply a symbol of that, it is a fleeting expression of the perfect union we all want with our beloved, but can never really sustainably achieve.

Therefore any heaven worth existing in would provide that flawless pair-bonding, and I'd hope that nothing as ephemeral and messy and, frankly, ridiculous as sex would be required to sustain it. But then ask yourself, why do we pair bond anyway? As you point out, it's exclusionary, it is essentially an acknowledgment that we are alienated from one another, that we are born alone and die alone, and our only hope of having some refuge from that is to focus on being intimate with one person. And even then, it's hard work and requires as much luck as anything, to have a clear, open, honest, loving, stable, comforting relationship.

If heaven solves that aspect of the human condition it would blow the barn doors off of human relations and there would be no real need for structures like marriage.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:46 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
Christians and other faiths please feel free to chime in. This is not intended to be a disrespectful or facetious question. I'm curious if we get to have a sex life in heaven? I mean sex is such a huge part of adult human existence that it would seem there will be some form of it found in heaven? And please no "Sex is dirty" responses either. Or sex is only for pro-creating. If it was just to have babies it would not be so darn pleasurable. "Sex is natural, sex is good, not everybody does it, but everybody should" is my opinion, but what about after we die?
Why do you like sex? Because it gives you the feelings of excitement and pleasure.

There is no need to have genitals in order to feel pleasure from something. There could be different ways of feeling pleasure. It just depends on how you're programmed. For all we know, there could be aliens who derive their pleasure from holding hands.

I heard someone (from "the other side") describe their expressions of love, and they merge their energies together, and when you merge like that, the two energies, it feels so intense and powerful (much more so than an orgasm on Earth)

I also heard a person here (someone I know) describe how he felt one time during sex, he said that in his head mentally he felt like a few orgasms were happening at the same time, like he was exploding all over the place. And that after that, he didn't have the need to "finish" it physically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality