Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2023, 02:06 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,024,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
For what conceivable purpose does this pointless and illusionary eternal observation even exist?????
The nature of Brhman is pure existence, knowledge, and completeness/perfection. Because we are born with this body, we are also born in ignorance of our true nature. The purpose and the point of this being born with a human body is to recognize our true nature, which is pure existence, knowledge, and complete perfection. Thar requires a means of knowing Brhman, because we cannot recognize what we do not know.

The means by which we know the world and transact with it, have a LIFE in other words, is through our organs of perception, and the mind, memory, and intellect which are illumined by Brhman. The world of name and forms are the objects of our perception.
Our organs of perceptions cannot know Brhman because it is not an object. Our eyes cannot see our eyes, our mind cannot know our mind, we cannot become aware of our awareness.

The only means to know Brhman is through knowledge, through words. But words too are objects. It is the meaning that resides in the words that is the means of knowing Brhman. To get to that point we also need to qualify ourselves. Just us you qualified to do your PhD, knowing Brhman too requires qualification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2023, 02:18 PM

50,796 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I dont see any admonishment in Tzaph’s posts. But i suppose one can always find evidence to support one’s confirmation bias.
Perhaps it's an echo.

Old 02-14-2023, 02:20 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
There is nothing eternal about LIFE. What is life? Is there any relationship to your life as the unborn covered in placenta and now as Mystic? What gives meaning to life is your awareness, your existence. Existence is Brhman and Brhman is existence, there is nothing else. Your awareness is a reflection of the self-illumined Brhman.

Yes, the body is merely elements that have grossified. When the body dies, existence still is.

The world, also made of elements, and subject to constant change and decay, one day it too will die. Climate change is real. There will be another body, another world. Brahman, existence, always is, that is all there is.
Sorry, but Eternal LIFE is what Oneness is. Awareness itself could not exist in anything dead or lifeless!!! What we experience in our illusory measured "macro time." as our "living awareness" is a delayed playback of our "real living awareness" which exists as quanta in the "real quantum time." In any case, awareness is a phenomenon of LIFE.

Old 02-14-2023, 02:20 PM

50,796 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Thanks for the best laugh of the day from this forum as I really need to sign off now...

To suggest Tzap has not admonished people -- many times -- about suggesting their opinion is anything more than opinion is just too funny for words. I'm tempted to dig up, paste and repost all those admonishments, but i doubt anyone needs the proof other than perhaps you. If that isn't confirmation bias in spades, I don't know what is! I think even Tzap would readily admit to the many times she has made a point of explaining to people that their comment doesn't apply to all of us. Just opinion like all the rest. Just opinion and not necessarily fact or truth. Hello?

I mean really? You have just got to be kidding, or so badly wanting to defend Tzap in typical tag team style, you can't even admit the obvious?

Cheers to you and yours on this Vday in any case. May we all enjoy what life has to offer us on days such as these...
Exactly. "tag team"...perfect description

Old 02-14-2023, 02:53 PM

Quote:
The nature of Brhman is pure existence, knowledge, and completeness/perfection. Because we are born with this body, we are also born in ignorance of our true nature. The purpose and the point of this being born with a human body is to recognize our true nature, which is pure existence, knowledge, and complete perfection. Thar requires a means of knowing Brhman, because we cannot recognize what we do not know.

The means by which we know the world and transact with it, have a LIFE in other words, is through our organs of perception, and the mind, memory, and intellect which are illumined by Brhman. The world of name and forms are the objects of our perception.
Our organs of perceptions cannot know Brhman because it is not an object. Our eyes cannot see our eyes, our mind cannot know our mind, we cannot become aware of our awareness.

The only means to know Brhman is through knowledge, through words. But words too are objects. It is the meaning that resides in the words that is the means of knowing Brhman. To get to that point we also need to qualify ourselves. Just as you qualified to do your PhD, knowing Brhman too requires qualification.
I would say that you are confused but that would only be taken as a putdown and I have no desire to do that. The bold contains the essence of the intended meaning in John !:1 in the Bible and there's an equivalent within Advaita just worded differently. But it can only exist in a Living Being, period.

The fact that our awareness is a temporary "cellular copy" of the real Oneness at our level of existence does not make the Oneness "dead" (NOT Life) at its level of existence. The individual cells of our bodies are temporary at their level of existence compared to our level of existence.

Old 02-14-2023, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but Eternal LIFE is what Oneness is. Awareness itself could not exist in anything dead or lifeless!!! What we experience in our illusory measured "macro time." as our "living awareness" is a delayed playback of our "real living awareness" which exists as quanta in the "real quantum time." In any case, awareness is a phenomenon of LIFE.
What is Eternal LIFE? Is it different from life as lived?

Awareness of course cannot be present in a dead lifeless body. That was not what was said.

I am sorry, you are throwing out a lot words that don't seem to have a context or definition.
But that's alright. It does take a special language, terms, and meaning to understand spirituality. I am glad to have a means to do so. It requires repeated study, contemplation on what was learnt, testing what was understood, relating it to life. It is a continuous process.

There is no one path that is right.
Good luck with your pursuit of explaining yours, Mystic.

Old 02-14-2023, 04:29 PM

Quote:
The expansion of knowledge has been so great that for all practical purposes, Leibnmitz is the only person who could be considered the last man to know everything important there was to know back then. I have seen enough of your posts to know that you are far enough from even Leibnitz that I am bemused by your certainty about so many things. My use of the term pragmatism refers to a general adequacy of knowledge to function with relative confidence within our material reality. When we touch on things beyond that, you seem insufficiently aware of the state of the knowledge available, IMO. OF course, I could be wrong.
No, not wrong.

Old 02-14-2023, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Exactly. "tag team"...perfect description
How does that differ as a description of you and LearnMe??

Old 02-14-2023, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I would say that you are confused but that would only be taken as a putdown and I have no desire to do that. The bold contains the essence of the intended meaning in John !:1 in the Bible and there's an equivalent within Advaita just worded differently. But it can only exist in a Living Being, period.

The fact that our awareness is a temporary "cellular copy" of the real Oneness at our level of existence does not make the Oneness "dead" (NOT Life) at its level of existence. The individual cells of our bodies are temporary at their level of existence compared to our level of existence.
Nothing makes Oneness dead. Oneness is not a thing, it is the recognition of there being only one, not two, no Other. Creator and creation are same. Atma is same as Brhman. The world and beings are the same. It is all Brhman. That is the Oneness that becomes known and recognized.

Old 02-14-2023, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Nothing makes Oneness dead. Oneness is not a thing, it is the recognition of there being only one, not two, no Other. Creator and creation are same. Atma is same as Brhman. The world and beings are the same. It is all Brhman. That is the Oneness that becomes known and recognized.
I know what Oneness means, CB, but your understanding of it makes no sense whatsoever to me. There is a gap in your logic stream that you seem oblivious to and nothing I say seems able to breach it. Who or What is the "not-a-thing" that is doing the recognition that each of us is supposed to learn to recognize? Recognition is "not-a-thing" that can exist on its own. It is a status that is achieved by something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality