Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 02:14 PM

13,615 posts, read 7,932,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I would like to know what his intention was quoting that scripture.
My intention was clear. It was to illustrate to rosends precisely why he was engaging in psychological projection by using the term "murder" to describe the Crusades and the Inquisition.

Old 11-15-2022, 02:32 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
My intention was clear. It was to illustrate to rosends precisely why he was engaging in psychological projection by using the term "murder" to describe the Crusades and the Inquisition.
Why is that?

Old 11-15-2022, 02:35 PM

13,615 posts, read 7,932,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Why is that?
I have already said everything that can be said. If you are having trouble understanding, then there is nothing I can do to help.

Old 11-15-2022, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I have already said everything that can be said. If you are having trouble understanding, then there is nothing I can do to help.
You quoted a scripture that supposedly proved another poster was projecting.

Maybe someone else can explain it to me. This isn't the first time I have had trouble understanding you.

Old 11-15-2022, 03:00 PM

1,752 posts, read 754,475 times
Hitler literally said that he wished Germany had a different religion as true Christianity makes people pacifists, which goes against the notions of the Nazis.

Some historians argue that Hitler had a delayed plan to eventually eliminate Christianity from Germany:

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/13/w...pagewanted=all

Old 11-15-2022, 03:21 PM

2,229 posts, read 771,582 times
The Nazis were more than good friends with the Catholic church. The priests arranged passports and money for Nazi criminals to travel to Argentina in the late 40's and early 50's.

Old 11-15-2022, 04:24 PM

OK. I will try hard to understand Mike's brand of Christianity.

John 8:39-59
Quote:
“Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would[a] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

Jesus’ Claims About Himself
48 The Jews answered him, “Aren’t we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?”

49 “I am not possessed by a demon,” said Jesus, “but I honor my Father and you dishonor me. 50 I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. 51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.”

52 At this they exclaimed, “Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that whoever obeys your word will never taste death. 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?”

54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”

57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.
So is the point Emike is making here that Rose is an evil Jew because he doesn't believe in Jesus? On a thread about Christianity and the Holocaust?

Old 11-15-2022, 04:34 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,026,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis69 View Post
Every SS man had a belt buckle with a skull an the words "Gott Mit Uns" - "God On Our Side".

https://www.google.fi/search?q=gott+...elt+buckle&gs_
Just because people wear something like "Gott Mit Uns" does not mean you are a Chrisitan. Besides even if someone is at church does not mean they are Christian.

Besides there were senior Nazi members that were pagan,and wanted to remove Christianity as the biggest religion in Germany. Hiter was supposed to be a Catholic but he did not trust the Catholic church. Hitler's religion was more of a social Darwinist, who believed there was superior humans and inferior humans. The superior humans will dominate the inferior humans. With it the survial of the fittest mean the so called German or Aryan race will rule over the inferior races, and to eliminate the races that are the greatest threat to the Aryan race.

Old 11-15-2022, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue29 View Post
What does this thread have to do with the Holocaust?
That's what I think of when I hear Nazi.

Old 11-15-2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Just because people wear something like "Gott Mit Uns" does not mean you are a Chrisitan. Besides even if someone is at church does not mean they are Christian.

Besides there were senior Nazi members that were pagan,and wanted to remove Christianity as the biggest religion in Germany. Hiter was supposed to be a Catholic but he did not trust the Catholic church. Hitler's religion was more of a social Darwinist, who believed there was superior humans and inferior humans. The superior humans will dominate the inferior humans. With it the survial of the fittest mean the so called German or Aryan race will rule over the inferior races, and to eliminate the races that are the greatest threat to the Aryan race.
We got a Catholic on here right now using the scriptures against people. No matter if you get there by genetics like Hitler or the thought police like Christainty it still is saying some people are superior to others. Some people go to heaven (or paradise earth) and some people go to hell (or get destroyed by Armageddon). Hitler murdered people. He couldn't torture them forever in hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality