Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2023, 08:33 PM

15,792 posts, read 6,200,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Me in front of a camera doesnt work..

O no, you wouldnt want to see that circus, have my big shrines, stones and broken glass, I am thinking of taking a picture of it so you know I'm a Warlock.
Sounds awesome. Maybe you should do a poll who would watch your channel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2023, 08:43 PM

22,745 posts, read 10,204,915 times
Yea, well, I get bored.

I just might sell that painting for a million.
Attached Thumbnails
The Off-Topic Thread-20230704_203653.jpg  

Old 07-04-2023, 08:53 PM

Nobody wants to watch an old crossdresser cook.

Old 07-04-2023, 09:13 PM

15,792 posts, read 6,200,595 times
Quote:
Yea, well, I get bored.

I just might sell that painting for a million.
That's immaculate. I kinda pegged you for a hoarder.

Old 07-04-2023, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That's immaculate. I kinda pegged you for a hoarder.
O No, that was my little Den, all I have in my living room is a very expensive German made wooden table and 4 of the most beautiful wooden chairs that you ever saw. I have one fork, 2 cups, 2 bowls. I have had one pair of shoes in the last 15 years.

I am a minimalist, the house looks empty but I do hoared one thing, perfume bottles. I dont even know how many I have, a lot.

I dont use them, dont even understand why I do it, yea, I just have a thing for perfume bottles, and in particular, heaven scent from the 70's. I guess they bring back fond memories of writing girls letters when I was like 14, that first love thing. Her name was Ann.

Old 07-05-2023, 09:49 AM

29,335 posts, read 9,498,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
He frequently says he has to get busy with his BSB (not a BBQ). That's a Big Sunday Breakfast.
I must say, you don't miss much mensaguy. As this comment and all your others typically well demonstrate over and over again. I guess that's a common trait among Mods. If not a necessary one...

Old 07-05-2023, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Had a BBQ last weekend with 35 pounds of shrimp, 10 pounds of succulant pork, whole bunch of chicken. What I like to do is wrap shrimp in pork to when you eat it, it has the same consistency and taste that I imagine I am eating a big tuna steak, exactly what it taste like. So hard unless you have a lot of family, I mean to cook for one. I have been meaning to check out youtube maybe experimenting with big glass jars, throw in some coals. If I am not here, I will be youtubing cooking shows, Texas cooking shows.

Bbq businesses need help, already lost so many good ones.

If anyone gets 25 miles from Moe's BBQ and doesnt make the drive, they missed out, I would go there tomorrow.
Somerville Texas

Visit your local one if you have one..
Why not just enjoy a big chunk of tuna? Of course everyone is different, but I'm more inclined to avoid detracting from the delicious taste of shrimp, for example, with other meats. I've never been big on all the ways bacon, also for example, is used on burgers or on other meats. Though I also love the taste of bacon. I like mixing different foods too, but for whatever reason, I prefer my meats or fish separate from other meats or fish. Except maybe a mixed seafood plate or dish of some kind, of only sea food.

And all that food cooked for just yourself? Ever thought about cooking less?

Good you enjoy cooking anyway. Me too. I used to enjoy BBQs much more often too, but BBQ places generally feature meats, and my wife is a vegetarian, so we're not likely to pick a BBQ place for a meal out. Not to mention my efforts to eat less beef for health reasons. There are some good BBQ places around where we live too however. Something for everyone!

Last edited by LearnMe; 07-05-2023 at 10:15 AM..

Old 07-05-2023, 10:06 AM

Here's something I came across in the news this morning, to help bring this thread back into the fold that is more in keeping with this forum, and to better satisfy those who feel more strongly that a path in that direction is necessary...

Either that, or I might start another different thread titled; "God, is that you? Or my anterior precuneus?"

"The man told Parvizi that he felt "like an observer to conversations that are happening in my mind" and that "I just feel like I'm floating in space."

Parvizi and a team of researchers would eventually trace the man's symptoms to a "sausage-looking piece of brain" called the anterior precuneus.

This area, nestled between the brain's two hemispheres, appears critical to a person's sense of inhabiting their own body, or bodily self, the team recently reported in the journal Neuron."

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ody-experience

Also of course, for those who have a hard time accepting that experiences of these sorts are anything but a function of what goes on between the ears...

Old 07-05-2023, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Why not just enjoy a big chunk of tuna? Of course everyone is different, but I'm more inclined to avoid detracting from the delicious taste of shrimp, for example, with other meats. I've never been big on all the ways bacon, also for example, is used on burgers or on other meats. Though I also love the taste of bacon. I like mixing different foods too, but for whatever reason, I prefer my meats or fish separate from other meats or fish. Except maybe a mixed seafood plate or dish of some kind, of only sea food.

And all that food cooked for just yourself? Ever thought about cooking less?

Good you enjoy cooking anyway. Me too. I used to enjoy BBQs much more often too, but BBQ places generally feature meats, and my wife is a vegetarian, so we're not likely to pick a BBQ place for a meal out. Not to mention my efforts to eat less beef for health reasons. There are some good BBQ places around where we live too however. Something for everyone!
O we had bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp with our own sauce, 10 pounds of fried shrimp, plain bbq shrimp I like the best, sauteed shrimp snd ahrimp in ways you may never heard of, big huge bowl of shrinp salad but my daughter just loves shrimp corn chowder which is ok it was a couple days later eating shrimp and pork and threw some shrimp out.

You gotta be careful not to eat a lot of shrimp for 3 days, thats a bad thing lol.

Old 07-08-2023, 10:38 AM

Another interesting tiny critter story...

This small, iridescent blue-or-green fish swims in the hot waters of an inhospitable fishbowl made of rock in a Nevada section of Death Valley National Park, where it somehow got trapped thousands of years ago.

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/07/11821...ps-on-swimming

Seems to me any fish with a name like "Devils Hole pupfish" qualifies as subject matter for this forum...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality