U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2023, 01:14 PM

431 posts, read 145,875 times

Advertisements

My grandson has been having stomache trouble and feeling quesy for a few days. My daughter took him to the DR. today and he tested positive for strep. The doc said quesyness is a symptom of strep. It makes sesne, we usually think of a sore throat as a symptom, but it is the same bacterial infection that causes styes and boils, so it could affect you in any part of your body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2023, 07:47 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,806,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
This is good for contrling acid reflux as well.
Ranitidine I used to find was the best drug or medication for reflux.
Unfortunately it’s been pulled off the shelves in pharmacies and has been deregistered, due to an increased risk of bowel cancer.
Cimetidine is gone here too.
I would suspect the risk would be very minimal, but that’s not going to get it registered again.
It’s a prickly process indeed.

Old 07-31-2023, 10:12 PM

21,828 posts, read 9,555,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Unfortunately it’s been pulled off the shelves in pharmacies and has been deregistered, due to an increased risk of bowel cancer.
I would suspect the risk would be very minimal, but that’s not going to get it registered again.
I would warn anyone against cimetidine, heck, i suspect it is the cause of a lot of ailments, I dont trust any of that medicine especially Cimetidine. I think it best to let your stomach work through it but meds like that will stop your regular and really jack with your cycle. Had a mother in law claims she would go 6 months without a movement and was always on that stuff.

For years I had indegestion, reflux, it was terrilble, doctor put me on a specific anti biotic and it cured me, that was 30 years ago after years and years of constant problems, now I have none.

Old 08-01-2023, 12:18 AM

8,310 posts, read 256,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I would warn anyone against cimetidine, heck, i suspect it is the cause of a lot of ailments, I dont trust any of that medicine especially Cimetidine. I think it best to let your stomach work through it but meds like that will stop your regular and really jack with your cycle. Had a mother in law claims she would go 6 months without a movement and was always on that stuff.

For years I had indegestion, reflux, it was terrilble, doctor put me on a specific anti biotic and it cured me, that was 30 years ago after years and years of constant problems, now I have none.
PMFJI Could you clarify the emboldened. Does 'movement' refer to bowel movement?
Thanks.

Old 08-01-2023, 01:15 AM

21,828 posts, read 9,555,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSea View Post
PMFJI Could you clarify the emboldened. Does 'movement' refer to bowel movement?
Thanks.
Yea, bowel movements, she claimed it was very rare, hard to believe, that went on for years or she was lying. I dont think she was lying but I never could find proof lol.

Old 08-01-2023, 01:38 AM

8,310 posts, read 256,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yea, bowel movements, she claimed it was very rare, hard to believe, that went on for years or she was lying. I dont think she was lying but I never could find proof lol.
Well, I won't say much but I went to a doctor about a similar condition and he assured me that some people are slow. (I never made 6 months, but a long long time). Don't tell anyone:>)

Cheers

Old 08-01-2023, 06:36 AM

15,478 posts, read 6,354,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
When my reflux was diagnosed it was a combination of post nasal drip due to allergies and my diet. Although it was the same diet I have always had my digestive system had weakened with age, possibly. With an aggressive treatment for my allergy and nasal drip, (meds, nasal rinse, controlling the environment) the reflux also subsided. Also no chocolate, red wine, red chillies, caffeine. The meds for the reflux did not agree with me. The diet cured it.

Old 08-01-2023, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
When my reflux was diagnosed it was a combination of post nasal drip due to allergies and my diet. Although it was the same diet I have always had my digestive system had weakened with age, possibly. With an aggressive treatment for my allergy and nasal drip, (meds, nasal rinse, controlling the environment) the reflux also subsided. Also no chocolate, red wine, red chillies, caffeine. The meds for the reflux did not agree with me. The diet cured it.
Too many vices in one sentence for me to give up, lol!
Glad a change in dietary habits has helped you though.
In other news, I did not even know that renowned street preacher, Ruben Israel passed away a few weeks ago:

https://www.christianpost.com/news/r...mily-says.html

https://www.qsaltlake.com/news/2023/...el-dead-at-62/

Although he was controversial, and certainly at odds with a lot of my views, he did campaign hard to get across a message.

Old 08-02-2023, 10:24 AM

28,093 posts, read 8,831,013 times
Sorry to be reading about so many dealing with these ailments and "knocking on wood" my wife and I are so far without similar symptoms to report. Although my wife did have something of a stomach ache yesterday. Came and went as they usually do, but she suspects she had a few too many pretzels from a bag recently bought at Trader Joes. Her stomach sometimes objects to bread and flour tortillas and that sort of thing.

Interesting to see how this thread has changed focus to bowel movements, acid reflux and nasal drip...

And can anyone tell me why there is a thumbs up icon at the bottom of all the comments lately? Is everyone seeing it or just me?

Old 08-02-2023, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Sorry to be reading about so many dealing with these ailments and "knocking on wood" my wife and I are so far without similar symptoms to report. Although my wife did have something of a stomach ache yesterday. Came and went as they usually do, but she suspects she had a few too many pretzels from a bag recently bought at Trader Joes. Her stomach sometimes objects to bread and flour tortillas and that sort of thing.

Interesting to see how this thread has changed focus to bowel movements, acid reflux and nasal drip...

And can anyone tell me why there is a thumbs up icon at the bottom of all the comments lately? Is everyone seeing it or just me?
Looks like C-D have just replaced the positive rating line, with the “thumbs up” button.
I’d assume it does exactly the same thing, and increases the reputation of the applied user.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality