Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2022, 11:34 AM

4,085 posts, read 871,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I have never known God to tell us anything like this. It's always been people who tell us/me who, why and how...

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 8:30 Even as he spoke, many believed in him. 31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

Daniel 9:13 As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
And it is extreme arrogance for a human to say they DO understand ANY of the gods; or to pretend to know there is only one god, and that it just happens to be the god that poster believes in.
That is your false opinion.

Old 12-14-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Talk about judgement. My word...

I hate to ask, but why do you lump drug addicts and alcoholics in there with all kinds of ignorant people?

Most people who are not ignorant know that drug addicts and alcoholics suffer from a disease if not more than one and sometimes mental illness too. Many who are far from ignorant. They're just sick. You should know this. You go on about being knowledgeable and wise. This too is knowledge we don't necessarily learn in school, but knowledge we should all share regardless!
You can put an 'and' in there. However, the point is about WHILE the person is drunk or on drugs they like to tell me what they think of me. I have spent a lot of time online and people drinking too much alcohol and or smoking pot while discussing is a common thing.

Old 12-14-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Because most of us live in a culturally Christian nation, so we meet more believers of the Abrahamic religions.

Also, many of us were Christians.

I am not sure you want to talk with Christians, neither. Talk at them, yes.
See that? There you go. I couldn't care any less about your false opinions about me.

Old 12-14-2022, 11:42 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
See that? There you go. I couldn't care any less about your false opinions about me.
And we feel the same way about your false opinions about us (meaning atheists).

Old 12-14-2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I guess that's just something you're going to have to live with, just as we atheists have to live with christian privilege in this society.
No I don't have to discuss with atheists, and not sure what you are talking about when you say Christian privilege.

Old 12-14-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And we feel the same way about your false opinions about us (meaning atheists).
I'm not giving false opinions. Atheists do speak against God. Why would you ever deny that?

Old 12-14-2022, 11:53 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 8:30 Even as he spoke, many believed in him. 31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

Daniel 9:13 As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
The bible was written by people. Was it not?

Old 12-14-2022, 11:58 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
You can put an 'and' in there. However, the point is about WHILE the person is drunk or on drugs they like to tell me what they think of me. I have spent a lot of time online and people drinking too much alcohol and or smoking pot while discussing is a common thing.
Might be best to spend less time with those people if you ask me, but I've got to sign off now, and as I do I am feeling the distinct desire to pour myself a drink, smoke some pot and whatever else might help me to better understand my time in this forum today. Where I have definitely spent more time than I should I think...

Until next time. Cheers!

Old 12-14-2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
The bible was written by people. Was it not?
God spoke through men, and there is a way for any person to find out if it is true and what it means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality