Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2022, 11:30 AM

10,526 posts, read 6,158,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I read him to mean atheist have a need for connection as well. It's a human need to be connected. Even the Bible says the way we connect is the proper way. We connect through art, our family, our friends. We just skip the religion part of it.

I think that's a very generous interpretation. I didn't get any of that from the post.

However perhaps the poster could come back and explain...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2022, 11:31 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Is English your first language? Just curious?
No

Old 12-08-2022, 11:33 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I have read plenty many enough of your answers over and over again to know quite well what your answer would be here again, so nothing lost in terms of what happens here going forward either way I don't think...
This is true.
It would be going over often crossed old ground.
It doesn't change what is and what isn't.

Old 12-08-2022, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
Also, i see a lot of ignorance. 'Natural human religion' is something that built in in human consciousness, part of human essense and experience. It may or not fit into 'created' by humans religion. I think a manifestation of natural human reigion may be shamanism.

I think you have 'faith' or 'belief' confused with 'religion'.

At least what I think of as religion.

Though given recent posts, apparently football is religion, so what do I know?

Old 12-08-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
No

Right. What is if you don't mind me asking? Might help us to understand better where you are coming from. So far I'm finding your posts a bit difficult to understand.

Old 12-08-2022, 11:37 AM

50,769 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
You touch on an interesting point or question...

I've often noted how people who claim to have good intuitions tend to lean in one direction or another in terms of interpreting those intuitions. Where the cognitive bias begin or ends, I'm not sure, but I think there is some bias going on in terms of preconceived notions by those who claim intuition. Then again, I'm not even sure there is a common understanding or agreement about what intuition actually is. When I have a sense about something, is that intuition? Personally, I don't ever claim I have intuition. I say I have a sense about something, or that my "gut" is telling me one thing or another. Same thing?
A psychic that I used to occasionally visit said that intuition is your spirit guide talking to you.

Old 12-08-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Right. What is if you don't mind me asking? Might help us to understand better where you are coming from. So far I'm finding your posts a bit difficult to understand.
That is my problem, not always.

Old 12-08-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:
I think you have 'faith' or 'belief' confused with 'religion'.

At least what I think of as religion.

Though given recent posts, apparently football is religion, so what do I know?
'Faith' is not correct Greek biblical definition. Real definition makes Gnosticism correct.

Old 12-08-2022, 11:54 AM

Quote:
You touch on an interesting point or question...

I've often noted how people who claim to have good intuitions tend to lean in one direction or another in terms of interpreting those intuitions. Where the cognitive bias begin or ends, I'm not sure, but I think there is some bias going on in terms of preconceived notions by those who claim intuition. Then again, I'm not even sure there is a common understanding or agreement about what intuition actually is. When I have a sense about something, is that intuition? Personally, I don't ever claim I have intuition. I say I have a sense about something, or that my "gut" is telling me one thing or another. Same thing?

I think intuition means that some people are better at reading social and environmental cues than others. They are more tuned in to the world around them. An extension of instinct.
I think some people may be more tuned in to factors that others are not.
For example when a was a very small child I remember having a fear of almost all men, even some men I knew well. I've never been abused or anything like that. I eventually I grew out of it. I think fears like that are innate and practical. I think intuition is an extension of those sort of innate responses as well as learned experiences.

Old 12-08-2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
'Faith' is not correct Greek biblical definition. Real definition makes Gnosticism correct.

Okay I'm going to leave this conversation here. There are already too many wires crossed.

I've already been through what religion means in this thread.
But suffice the say that religion had it's own definition and its not what you describe in your previous post.
Have a great day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality