Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2022, 08:36 PM

5,893 posts, read 3,771,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Okaaaayyy.....how about, this is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, a more than fictional character that was created as a joke.....I'm not sure what you don't get?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2022, 09:53 PM

50,472 posts, read 24,064,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Okaaaayyy.....how about, this is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, a more than fictional character that was created as a joke.....I'm not sure what you don't get?
Okay, now I know what you're talking about. Something I've never paid any attention to.

Old 12-04-2022, 11:25 PM

22,018 posts, read 19,121,151 times
"a more than fictional character?" what does that mean?

Old 12-04-2022, 11:41 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,629,671 times
Quote:
LOL, I mentioned the FSM and both times it got blown out of proportion. I have a rl friend who cannot fathom that atheists don't worship something so he's on this tangent that FSM is real to atheists. Oh dear FSM, save us from all this ignorance!
My standard post on this:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/64092286-post225.html

Old 12-04-2022, 11:43 PM

16,634 posts, read 4,918,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Right. Things that are not broken don't need "fixing".
So...efforts to that effect will be similar to spitting into a strong wind. Something you all do regularly.
Perhaps if religious people like you stopped supporting religious bigotry and hatred instead of supporting it, we would not need to 'spit into the wind'.

Old 12-05-2022, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Perhaps if religious people like you stopped supporting religious bigotry and hatred instead of supporting it, we would not need to 'spit into the wind'.
So, sorry...you have the facts mixed up...it's the Atheist crew that practices that kinda thing.
Currently, in this world, the most prolific case of hatred and bigotry relative to Religion....are the Atheists that have over a million Muslim Uyghurs enslaved in concentration/labor camps.
You must be working off your own frame of self-reference to be noting support of bigotry & hatred.

Old 12-05-2022, 02:35 AM

16,634 posts, read 4,918,942 times
And by supporting religious bigotry and hatred, I mean implicitly, because telling people to be quiet and not point out religious bigotry and hatred when it happens is allowing that religious bigotry and hatred to continue.

Old 12-05-2022, 06:16 AM

50,472 posts, read 24,064,671 times
Quote:
And by supporting religious bigotry and hatred, I mean implicitly, because telling people to be quiet and not point out religious bigotry and hatred when it happens is allowing that religious bigotry and hatred to continue.
Bravo, Harry!

Old 12-05-2022, 07:37 AM

17,707 posts, read 13,570,194 times
Quote:
Okaaaayyy..... this is the Flying Spaghetti Monster,
My favorite FSM joke....

The Flying Spaghetti Monster...

He shed his sauce for your sins.

Old 12-05-2022, 07:42 AM

Quote:
I said the level of devotion to and promotion of their view was 'impressive"...and that, "they certainly belong here".
Your interpretation of that as, "describe atheists in the most negative manner I know how" is way off base.
It's because those are the things you find to be negative about the Mainstream/Abrahamic Religions: Don't "stay in their lane", "mind their business", or "keep their beliefs to themselves", etc.
But, I don't see that as negative...as every product, service, idea, status, orientation, vocation, or endeavor is pushed to the max in this world. So, why not whatever Theology/Religion?
Quote:
And for the 10,001st time...yes, it is a Religion...as per my information and belief.
It has even been deemed a Religion for Constitutional purposes by United States Federal Courts.
But, since it is disputed...let's call it a opinion.

As far the definition of "Evangelize"...it is not limited to Christianity. See #3:

e·van·gel·ize (ĭ-vănjə-līz′)
v. e·van·gel·ized, e·van·gel·iz·ing, e·van·gel·iz·es

v.tr.

1. To preach the gospel to.

2. To convert to Christianity.

3. To promulgate or promote (a doctrine or idea, for example) enthusiastically.

And as you see...even in your listing...there are many other definitions/meanings.

Currently, the most prominent Atheist poster to the board, puts up many posts like this. So....:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/64527525-post9.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/64095316-post235.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/64476127-post841.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/64477243-post17.html

THAT is what you call...Preachin' the Dogma of his Religion!
Which I have no problem with...everyone has their Theological Views, and no two are exactly alike.
Go Forth With That! Shout it from the rooftops...or Preach long sermons online daily for years.
You belong here...ya fit right in!
Or Pastafarianism & FSM worship. It's all good.
Quote:
Quote:
So, sorry...you have the facts mixed up...it's the Atheist crew that practices that kinda thing.
Currently, in this world, the most prolific case of hatred and bigotry relative to Religion....are the Atheists that have over a million Muslim Uyghurs enslaved in concentration/labor camps.
You must be working off your own frame of self-reference to be noting support of bigotry & hatred.
Quote:
I don't "tell people to be quiet". In fact...just the opposite.
Read the posts above...I tell people to "shout from the rooftops" what they believe. So...more typical lies by you.
Every group is necessarily made up of people. But...by your reasoning...if one does not note every bad thought/deed by any in the group, at any time past or present...they are "implicitly supporting" those bad thoughts/deeds.
Few things I have ever heard, by anyone, anywhere, about anything, that I felt was more illogical, unreasonable, and ridiculous. I grant your "implicit endorsement of evil/badness" argument that status...take a bow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality