Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 02:27 PM

477 posts, read 124,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The entire issue of "cause" is abrogated by the fact that WHATEVER this Reality IS, it, ITSELF is our God (i.e., our Creator) though that FACT seems to be anathema in this forum!!!

Whatever you call "FACT" is nothing more but a product of your vivid imagination.
There is nothing wrong with imagination. We all imagine something from time to time.

But the pushy and annoying way you try to present your subjective fantasies as an objective truth is so completely indistinguishable from banal trolling, that no wonder it's not being met with an open arms.
You should stop doing it. At some point even banal tolling will stop being a most reasonable explanation to your stubborn behavior anymore, and you will start getting pretty regular suggestions to see a head doctor.

But again, you cannot complain, really.

You have your dedicated "god is everything" thread, don't you?
You can write this stuff you are fascinated so much with, by yourself to yourself all day long.
Who knows, you may even get someone to glance over it once in a great while.

Moderator cut: Rule violation removed.

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-21-2022 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: Read the R&S forum rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2022, 03:02 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonof View Post
Whatever you call "FACT" is nothing more but a product of your vivid imagination.
There is nothing wrong with imagination. We all imagine something from time to time.
But the pushy and annoying way you try to present your subjective fantasies as an objective truth is so completely indistinguishable from banal trolling, that no wonder it's not being met with an open arms.
You should stop doing it. At some point even banal tolling will stop being a most reasonable explanation to your stubborn behavior anymore, and you will start getting pretty regular suggestions to see a head doctor.
But again, you cannot complain, really.
You have your dedicated "god is everything" thread, don't you?
You can write this stuff you are fascinated so much with, by yourself to yourself all day long.
Who knows, you may even get someone to glance over it once in a great while.
Moderator cut: Rule violation removed.
You DENY that whatever this universe IS that it is our Creator???? What the hell IS our Creator, then???

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-21-2022 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Old 12-21-2022, 03:39 PM

Quote:
You DENY that whatever this universe IS that it is our Creator????

What the hell IS our Creator, then???

Define your terms (creation, creator etc) and then I'll tell you.
Usage of the word "creator" usually pretty heavily loaded.

So far, by "Creator" you meant all-encompassing supernatural intelligence of some sort.
Is this still the case?

Old 12-21-2022, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Define your terms (creation, creator etc) and then I'll tell you.
Usage of the word "creator" usually pretty heavily loaded.

So far, by "Creator" you meant all-encompassing supernatural intelligence of some sort.
Is this still the case?
No. I never have believed in ANYTHING supernatural and still don't! I believe what we call the spacetime field is a quantum-level phenomenon (a "consciousness field" much like the one that comprises our consciousness) that I call Cosmic Consciousness (Mind of God?). ALL manifestations of this field that we consider to be discrete entities and substances are comprised of that one and the same essence. Our brains interpret what our senses receive from this field in a manner similar to the icons on a computer screen. They enable us to function and understand our existence at the macro level.

But the manifestations are not what is actually there at the quantum level any more than the icons on the screen of a computer are what the electrons are actually doing in the computer. We would not be able to understand or control anything going on at the quantum level in the computer without the icon interface. The same is true for our reality in the spacetime field, IMO.

Old 12-21-2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
No. I never have believed in ANYTHING supernatural and still don't! I believe what we call the spacetime field is a quantum-level phenomenon (a "consciousness field" much like the one that comprises our consciousness) that I call Cosmic Consciousness (Mind of God?). ALL manifestations of this field that we consider to be discrete entities and substances are comprised of that one and the same essence. Our brains interpret what our senses receive from this field in a manner similar to the icons on a computer screen. They enable us to function and understand our existence at the macro level.

But the manifestations are not what is actually there at the quantum level any more than the icons on the screen of a computer are what the electrons are actually doing in the computer. We would not be able to understand or control anything going on at the quantum level in the computer without the icon interface. The same is true for our reality in the spacetime field, IMO.

There is no word "creator" here. Did you notice that?
Do you remember? You need to define the term "creator" so your question about "creator" can be answered.
Please, try to stay focused. "Creator" is the subject of our conversation for now.
Stay with me. Pool your thoughts together. Concentrate.

Ready? Great!

Get me your definition of the term "creator". Now.

Old 12-21-2022, 06:41 PM

Quote:
There is no word "creator" here. Did you notice that?
Do you remember? You need to define the term "creator" so your question about "creator" can be answered.
Please, try to stay focused. "Creator" is the subject of our conversation for now.
Stay with me. Pool your thoughts together. Concentrate.
Ready? Great!
Get me your definition of the term "creator". Now.
No need to get pedantic. The creator is obvious - that which is the source of our existence and the existence of everything else..

Old 12-21-2022, 06:58 PM

Quote:
No need to get pedantic. The creator is obvious - that which is the source of our existence and the existence of everything else..
What is it?

Old 12-21-2022, 07:01 PM

16,667 posts, read 15,663,359 times
Quote:
What is it?
It must be something seen via the Hubble telescope. It must be since that's what we're discussing.

Old 12-21-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
It must be something seen via the Hubble telescope. It must be since that's what we're discussing.
I agree! That is exactly what it is! I call it God, YMMV!

Old 12-21-2022, 07:41 PM

16,667 posts, read 15,663,359 times
Quote:
I agree! That is exactly what it is! I call it God, YMMV!

There is a thread for you to post about that all you want. Please don't derail this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality