Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2023, 04:28 PM

77 posts, read 18,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evenstar View Post
Straw man reply.

You cleverly ask:

"Who at the top of the RCC is making the money?"

Then say:

"the Catholic clergymen are supposed to live a life of poverty, and have no real net worth and die with nothing"

Who are the people ON THE BOTTOM!!!

Deflecting from the well known fact that the Vatican (At the TOP.) has massive underground vaults chock full of riches the RCC has plundered from around the world in the last 2,000(+-) years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Now it's *you* who is 'deflecting'.

Derek asked "WHO at the top of the RCC is making money?" and you responded with "the Vatican"...

...which is NOT an individual.

Catholic clergymen are not the 'people on the BOTTOM'. The clergy encompasses ALL deacons, priests, bishops, cardinals, yes, even the Pope

The Pope "does not and has never received a salary." It's also been estimated that the Pope's cardinals (those who live at the Vatican) make between 4500-5500 per month. That's HARDLY considered something to get rich on, plus, they have to pay for their own expenses from that salary...including housing.

And even if the Vatican does have those 'underground vaults chock full of riches', the Pope can't use ANY of them for his own benefit.

So again, WHO at the top of the RCC is getting rich?
So now you not only deflect, but want to play word games I see, to falsely accuse "me" of deflection. Is dishonesty part of your religion?

who (ho͞o)
pron.
1. What or which person or persons: Who left?
2. Used as a relative pronoun to introduce a clause when the antecedent is a person or persons or one to whom personality is attributed.

So my original statement is valid and true. Thereby shooting down your false claim that the RCC is not about making money, because it IS all about making LOTS of $$$$$$

And what????!!!!

$4,500-$5,500 per MONTH is pretty filthy rich by most people's standards. And yet you try claiming they are paupers, boo hoo, I feel soooo sorry for their plight - NOT!!!

Old 02-15-2023, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Mink, the Catholic hierarchy wishes ALL of its parishioners were as uninformed as you and Mike about all the shenanigans going on inside the Catholic church. It's dumb Catholics at the bottom of the food chain who make possible this kind of a lifestyle for the Catholic clergy at the top of the food chain like this Catholic joker:

The lavish homes of American archbishops

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014...-lavish-homes/

I believe if Jesus was real he would be putting an end to this kind of modern-day theft. But since Jesus is not real, as I have demonstrated with proof after proof in this forum none of this thievery is going to end anytime soon.
GASP!!!

How do they ever survive living in such abject squalor???

I can see why the Catholic priests are always asking for ever more $$$$ from everyday poor people. Better pass that collection plate around another couple of times after every sermon so these poor archbishops can get some gold plating on their furniture. They gotta keep up with the Trumps you know.

Old 02-15-2023, 04:59 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
GASP!!!

How do they ever survive living in such abject squalor???

I can see why the Catholic priests are always asking for ever more $$$$ from everyday poor people. Better pass that collection plate around another couple of times after every sermon so these poor archbishops can get some gold plating on their furniture. They gotta keep up with the Trumps you know.
You know, you can always go to a smaller and less extravagant church.

I live in a fairly moneyed area. Our local RC church is tiny and old and smells like seasoned wood. They put flowers by the altar. A few stained glass windows. The carpet is from like the 70s. (Or it looks like it!) It's very clean, I think they vacuum a lot. It is a lovely soft sweet space but I will say that if anybody is raking it in over there they are hiding it REALLY well.

If you're looking for corruption you will find it. Literally anywhere. That includes religious institutions, sure. Food banks. Schools, hospitals, anywhere.

You can also find goodness in any of these places.

Old 02-15-2023, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
We describe God as a Trinity; in the one God there are three persons - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Son of God became Incarnate in the person of Jesus. Jesus is both fully God and fully man.

This is nothing novel, but goes back to the earliest days of Christianity. Read the Church Fathers from the first 6-7 centuries of Christianity and you will see that the Catholic Faith of today is the same as theirs.
It's clear you are misrepresenting your mythology. This so-called "trinity" falsely claiming jesus IS somehow the Christian "god" is a more modern corruption of the original jesus is ONLY the SON of "god" myth.

And here's why I know this whole jesus myth is completely FALSE.

I am basically a nobody. And yet during my initial spiritual experience when I had an encounter with my own "death", I actually met the real God, who showed me a great many spiritual things before returning me to life. And ever since then I am always connected to God and the entire universe, so have continued thru-out my entire life to have all the spiritual experiences I require to get answers to any and all of my spiritual questions. So I cannot believe in this silly jesus myth because if he actually were "god" or even the SON of "god", he would not have to pray, read from the silly scriptures, or "learn" from others about himself (The so-called "god" of everything.). That, and he actually teaches NOTHING truly spiritual in the entire bible, the so-called "word" of the Christian "god". For if it were true, he would have even easier access to all of the true spiritual understandings that is freely given me. But he could not do that, so I cannot take this "god" or SON of "god" claim seriously.

Old 02-15-2023, 05:24 PM

Quote:
It's clear you are misrepresenting your mythology. This so-called "trinity" falsely claiming jesus IS somehow the Christian "god" is a more modern corruption of the original jesus is ONLY the SON of "god" myth.

I am basically a nobody. And yet during my initial spiritual experience when I had an encounter with my own "death", I actually met the real God, who showed me a great many spiritual things before returning me to life. And ever since then I am always connected to God and the entire universe, so have continued thru-out my entire life to have all the spiritual experiences I require to get answers to any and all of my spiritual questions. So I cannot believe in this silly jesus myth because if he actually were "god" or even the SON of "god", he would not have to pray, read from the silly scriptures, or "learn" from others about himself (The so-called "god" of everything.). That, and he actually teaches NOTHING truly spiritual in the entire bible, the so-called "word" of the Christian "god". For if it were true, he would have even easier access to all of the true spiritual understandings that is freely given me. But he could not do that, so I cannot take this "god" or SON of "god" claim seriously.
And yet despite this transformative experience you still feel the need to put people down.

I find it hard to believe a person could meet God, see the bigger picture, "be connected to the entire universe" yet still go out of his or her way to mock others' interpretation of the spiritual. It really doesn't follow.

Old 02-15-2023, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You know, you can always go to a smaller and less extravagant church.

I live in a fairly moneyed area. Our local RC church is tiny and old and smells like seasoned wood. They put flowers by the altar. A few stained glass windows. The carpet is from like the 70s. (Or it looks like it!) It's very clean, I think they vacuum a lot. It is a lovely soft sweet space but I will say that if anybody is raking it in over there they are hiding it REALLY well.

If you're looking for corruption you will find it. Literally anywhere. That includes religious institutions, sure. Food banks. Schools, hospitals, anywhere.

You can also find goodness in any of these places.
That's always the risk I take when being sarcastic, not everybody will get my dry sarcasm. Especially since the extravagant photos did not not show up in the quote I was replying to.

But I'll pass on the RC. I was a child during the 1950s and the pedophile RC priest tried to "put the moves" on me, but I refused, so he "failed" me in "bible study. (YEA!!!) He did get to sexually abuse some of the other boys in "bible study" though.

And besides THAT, I prefer to get my spiritual understandings directly from the source. So I have absolutely no need to belong to any spiritually void man made religion.

Old 02-15-2023, 05:38 PM

Quote:
That's always the risk I take when being sarcastic, not everybody will get my dry sarcasm. Especially since the extravagant photos did not not show up in the quote I was replying to.

But I'll pass on the RC. I was a child during the 1950s and the pedophile RC priest tried to "put the moves" on me, but I refused, so he "failed" me in "bible study. (YEA!!!) He did get to sexually abuse some of the other boys in "bible study" though.

And besides THAT, I prefer to get my spiritual understandings directly from the source. So I have absolutely no need to belong to any spiritually void man made religion.
Yet you seem to need to be on a religion board to attack it. So it seems you are affected in some way. What way, is only for you to know.

I am sorry for your past. I too was molested, and definitely not by a priest. We all have wounds. They hurt but they are not an excuse to hurt and we can't exorcise them by attacking randomly. It doesn't work that way. Though I understand it as I used to be you. I don't think you've seen God. I think you had a hallucination. Just my take as obviously I can't really know. Peace.

Old 02-15-2023, 05:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:
And yet despite this transformative experience you still feel the need to put people down.

I find it hard to believe a person could meet God, see the bigger picture, "be connected to the entire universe" yet still go out of his or her way to mock others' interpretation of the spiritual. It really doesn't follow.
Straw man reply.

Nothing you stated has anything to do with my comments on how the Christian religion has corrupted the original jesus is the SON of their "god" mythology, into some contorted "jesus IS their "god" mythology.

Nor does it have anything to do my reasoning for not believing in the entire jesus myth in either the SON of "god" or somehow being "god" himself versions of the Christian belief system.

And nowhere did I even mention anyone in my post you replied to , so stop making up false claims that I "put people down".

Isn't there a Christian commandment against "bearing false witness"????

Old 02-15-2023, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Straw man reply.

Nothing you stated has anything to do with my comments on how the Christian religion has corrupted the original jesus is the SON of their "god" mythology, into some contorted "jesus IS their "god" mythology.

Nor does it have anything to do my reasoning for not believing in the entire jesus myth in either the SON of "god" or somehow being "god" himself versions of the Christian belief system.

And nowhere did I even mention anyone in my post you replied to , so stop making up false claims that I "put people down".

Isn't there a Christian commandment against "bearing false witness"????
I know you’re angry and I hope you heal and that your life is good. Everyone deserves that. As people we hurt. Anyone can recognize that and relate. Hope you have a good night.

Old 02-15-2023, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Yet you seem to need to be on a religion board to attack it. So it seems you are affected in some way. What way, is only for you to know.

I am sorry for your past. I too was molested, and definitely not by a priest. We all have wounds. They hurt but they are not an excuse to hurt and we can't exorcise them by attacking randomly. It doesn't work that way. Though I understand it as I used to be you. I don't think you've seen God. I think you had a hallucination. Just my take as obviously I can't really know. Peace.
Where do you get all of this off base stuff from my posts???

Is that your standard "straw man" tactic, deflection, and/or a lack of reading comprehension?

I clearly stated that "I" had refused his creepy advances, and that was the end of it. I refused with such force he wasn't about to push the issue with all the other kids in the very next room who would hear everything. But you are free to have all the delusions you want to entertain about me, have fun!

I only state what I am positive is true in all of my posts, to refute what I feel are wicked falsehoods about religions and how they slander the real God. There is no "random attacks" about it. I have known the real God almost my entire life, and it bothers me when all of these man made religions spread lies about him, and lead people astray from ever knowing even the slightest thing truly spiritual or who and what the real God is all about. So instead of attacking my posts with off base accusations, maybe you should instead pay attention and actually try to understand what I am stating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality