Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2023, 05:57 PM

77 posts, read 18,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post

Pointing out the first Christians believed Jesus was an angel (not a man, an angel) seen in visions or revealed in scripture; or a divine being (not a man, a divine being) revealed in scripture, and who's sacrifice was in a temple in heaven is pointing out the exact opposite, that a historical Jesus probably did NOT exist (or if there was a historical Jesus, he is hidden behind all the mythology), and that the later gospels are fictional allegories.

No, my evidence using the source material would be accepted, your straw man response would be rejected.
Your replies are rapidly degrading to nonsense.

Now you offer for "proof" that jesus is "real" because some early Christians THOUGHT he was an ANGEL revealed in scripture? WHAT????!!!!!!

How does THAT work? The early Christians take some magic mushrooms before reading the bible and everything "visions to life"? So THAT is the sum total of your "proof" that jesus existed. WOW! And how did they NOT see all of the verses stating that mythical jesus was supposed to be the SON of "god"?

Could you please confine your future replies to some form of reality. It's clear you are just making it up as you go. Historically the first Christians were too ignorant to be able to read so there goes your made up excuse. Nor was there any scriptures available to the common minion. They were ONLY in the possession of the priest's. It wasn't until some time after the printing press was invented that the bible was given to the common minion. So please stop with such nonsense.

Old 02-16-2023, 06:03 PM

77 posts, read 18,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
What's it to you? If it were in my power, all of the princes of the Church would live in palaces.

This is nothing to apologize for.
How Christian of you!

Let the poor suffer and starve so that all of the church leaders can live in decadent wealth.

Old 02-16-2023, 06:15 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,789,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evenstar View Post
How Christian of you!

Let the poor suffer and starve so that all of the church leaders can live in decadent wealth.
Whoa...time out, there, dude.

Christians have done MORE for the "poor and starving" than any other group on the freaking planet.

People don't "suffer and starve" because of Christianity; they suffer and starve because others on this planet have made the Almighty Dollar their GOD.

Old 02-16-2023, 07:32 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
How Christian of you!

Princes living in palaces does not necessitate letting the poor suffer and starve. Princes ought to be generous with their wealth and possessions, as we all ought to be.

Old 02-16-2023, 07:46 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
What's it to you? If it were in my power, all of the princes of the Church would live in palaces.

This is nothing to apologize for.
All those princes of the church? Including those who were implicit for centuries regarding the sexual abuse of minors? They ought to live in prisons.

Old 02-16-2023, 07:48 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
And THAT is another problem I have with this fictional so-called "word of "god" bible.

When the true God imparts spiritual answers to me, they are given in a clear, concise, and all encompassing manner. So that there is only ONE way to interpret it all and I have a full understanding of the answer.

Whereas the man made bible is total gibberish that everyone interprets differently trying to make sense of it all.

But putting that aside, I'm sorry, I keep forgetting that Christians are so spiritually clueless that they don't even know what the word spiritual means.

spiritual
adj.
1. Of, relating to, consisting of, or having the nature of spirit; not material; supernatural

So when I stated:

"Show me a verse or verses that CLEARLY and FULLY describes the true SPIRITUAL nature of the true God. And no taking a silly meaningless verse and claiming it says something that it does not say."

This was in reply to a poster who thought Christianity/the bible is necessary for him to "come to know and eventually understand God". Which I know is impossible because there is nothing truly spiritual CLEARLY and FULLY explained in any of the bible.

Now since God is a SPIRITUAL deity, I'm looking for a verse that will explain this so that anyone and everyone will come away with a CLEAR and FULL understanding of just what his spiritual nature really is. So that they will be able to know God from all of the other spiritual entities and deities in what most people call Heaven. And also explains how he sees and knows everything as well as be everywhere all at once.

I just don't know how to dumb it down any more than that.
Well we can agree about the bold. The answer to your questions are restricted in this forum for rather inexplicable reasons to what is called the Pantheism thread. God is all that there is and we are merely part of Him. BTW, Spirit is NOT supernatural. It is quite natural. It is simply in a higher energy realm we refer to as quantum that is inaccessible to our macro measurements rendering science impotent to learn anything about it.

Old 02-16-2023, 08:03 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,789,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
All those princes of the church? Including those wheqo were implicit for centuries regarding the sexual abuse of minors? They ought to live in prisons.
Ohfercryinoutloud...

Like NO OTHER NON-CHRISTIAN, has EVER sexually abused others!

My goodness...

Sexual abuse is wrong period. Priest or non-priest.

You're an atheist, phet. So, are you campaigning for non-clergy to be imprisoned for BEYOND a life sentence?

Something tells me no. You just criticize without doing anything to combat it.

Not ALL priest are like that, and you KNOW that.

Are you really, REALLY going to dismiss the WHOLE priesthood because of a FEW?

Old 02-16-2023, 08:14 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Ohfercryinoutloud...

My goodness...

You're an atheist, phet. So, are you campaigning for non-clergy to be imprisoned for BEYOND a life sentence?

This. What group of people has no criminal, or sick, people in it? Churches? Schools? Hospitals? Middle class families? Animal rights activists? Girl Scouts of America? Vegans? Soccer coaches? Atheists? No, no, no, no, no, no, no and no. There are of course many more nos than that.

We can get rid of every group that has ever had any child molesters or other sickos in it, but it would take a series of nuclear warheads, as that would mean literally annihilating everyone.

Old 02-16-2023, 08:20 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Ohfercryinoutloud...

My goodness...

That is no excuse for 'the princes of the church' who are supposed to be moral leaders. Have you no sense of morality.

Old 02-16-2023, 08:23 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
That is no excuse for 'the princes of the church' who are supposed to be moral leaders. Have you no sense of morality.
People honored to serve others and in whom others place their trust, who abuse those people, deserve prison, IMO. That is why it is so horrific when a religious leaders teacher, doctor, etc. does harm. And it can happen.

That is far from all church leaders, however. Good grief, everyone. Get a grip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality