Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2023, 10:13 AM

4,640 posts, read 1,787,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You cannot fight the facts, Mink:

"NO Evidence for Jesus Outside Bible

The Truth Is…

There Is No Evidence For Jesus Christ Outside the Bible"

https://thechurchoftruth.org/no-evid...outside-bible/

"5 reasons to suspect that Jesus never existed

A growing number of scholars are openly questioning or actively arguing against Jesus’ historicity"

https://www.salon.com/2014/09/01/5_r...never_existed/

"IT'S OFFICIAL: WE CAN NOW DOUBT JESUS' HISTORICAL EXISTENCE"

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...E33E83D5CDA577

Dozens more citations and dozens of books proving Jesus never existed that I have no room to list here. But check this:

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/...esus_Mythicism
I suggest you look more deeply into what you've posted. Just because "books are written" about Jesus never existing, doesn't *prove* he didn't exist.

Even well-informed scholars/atheists like Bart Ehrman says that Jesus existed historically.

So...? Do you really think that you've made some new discovery about Jesus that Ehrman didn't make?

Even the atheistic 'leader' such as Richard Dawkins at least acknowledges that MOST historians (not limited to biblical historians) agree that Jesus existed.

What do YOU think you know that's different from what THEY know?

Old 03-01-2023, 10:17 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
As IF none of *your* posts have EVER been "insulting".

Get real, phet.
Perhaps. But right now, I was talking about the post of a christian who should be following in christ's footprints.

Old 03-01-2023, 10:26 AM

16,756 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
I suggest you look more deeply into what you've posted. Just because "books are written" about Jesus never existing, doesn't *prove* he didn't exist.

Even well-informed scholars/atheists like Bart Ehrman says that Jesus existed historically.

So...? Do you really think that you've made some new discovery about Jesus that Ehrman didn't make?
Ehrman also admits Paul says Jesus was an angel in Galatians 4:14.

Old 03-01-2023, 10:29 AM

16,756 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
The next time I tell my daughter I love her, I'll make sure to back it up with scientific, historical and archeological proof of my love.
You are comparing love with an alleged historical man who was also a miracle performing son of a god.

Old 03-01-2023, 10:33 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
That's a boneheaded interpretation on his part. Not surprising since he has a darkened intellect.

Old 03-01-2023, 10:39 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:

Even the atheistic 'leader' such as Richard Dawkins at least acknowledges that MOST historians (not limited to biblical historians) agree that Jesus existed.

What do YOU think you know that's different from what THEY know?

Majority of scholars believe a normal fully human rabbi lived upon which the "miracle-working Jesus son of Yahweh who was crucified for the sins of man" was modeled after. We have no proof for such a rabbi but scholars just assume he existed without evidence for him because of the existence of Christianity.

But NO SCHOLAR outside the Christian faith believes the Jesus as portrayed in the gospels ever existed.

Show me a single secular scholar professing to be atheist or agnostic who expresses he fully believe the miracle working Jesus son of God who rose from the dead actually existed. I challenge you.

Old 03-01-2023, 10:40 AM

Quote:
But NO SCHOLAR outside the Christian faith believes the Jesus as portrayed in the gospels ever existed.
Obviously; because if they believed it then they would presumably convert to Christianity...

Old 03-01-2023, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Show me a single secular scholar professing to be atheist or agnostic who expresses he fully believe the miracle working Jesus son of God who rose from the dead actually existed. I challenge you.
If any atheist or agnostic scholar came to believe in the miracle working Divine Jesus who rose from the dead, then they would by definition no longer be atheist or agnostic...

Old 03-01-2023, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Perhaps. But right now, I was talking about the post of a christian who should be following in christ's footprints.
Yeah? And what part of my post was "insulting"?

Quote:
The next time I tell my daughter I love her, I'll make sure to back it up with scientific, historical and archeological proof of my love.

No, it's *your* "sad reality"; not "THE" sad reality.

I really do feel sorry for you, thrill.
Which part was "insulting?" The part where I tell my daughter that I'll make sure I back up my claim of love for her...or the part where I tell thrill that Thrill's "reality" is a sad reality?

Sorry phet, but it IS sad that some people see 'reality' in such a sad light.

Some people DO see "reality" like that. What's so "insulting" about acknowledging that?

Old 03-01-2023, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Difference between "admitting" and "claiming"...

...also subject to interpretation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality