Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2023, 09:17 AM

427 posts, read 128,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Who ever claimed Jesus was famous across the Roman Empire? Jesus was a local character in a corner of a minor tribal society that was hardly a blip on the Roman radar screen until Paul started zooming around the Mediterranean.

You got him there right between the eyes. I am shattered. Thrillo has impressed me with his solid arguments.

Old 01-21-2023, 09:32 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Who ever claimed Jesus was famous across the Roman Empire? Jesus was a local character in a corner of a minor tribal society that was hardly a blip on the Roman radar screen until Paul started zooming around the Mediterranean.

Uhhhh....

"The news about him spread quickly throughout the surrounding region of Galilee." Mark 1:28

"The news about Him spread throughout all Syria" Matthew 4:24

" But they went out and spread the news about him all over that country". Matthew 9:31

"And the report about Him was spreading into every locality in the surrounding district." Luke 4:37

Is it a stretch to think that Jesus causing darkness over the entire Mediterranean, a giant earthquake in Israel and zombies to rise out of their grave and go into Jerusalem and talk to thousands of people that his fame would have spread throughout the entire empire? "Hey, did you hear about this Jewish prophet who caused hundreds of dead people to rise and go into Jerusalem and talk to people there?"

But hold it. I never said Jesus was famous throughout the Roman empire during his lifetime. I implied that Jesus name and fame spread throughout the Roman empire via his followers who would have made him famous enough during the 1st century that least some secular historians would have heard of him and wrote about him had he been real. Does that make sense?

Last edited by thrillobyte; 01-21-2023 at 09:49 AM..

Old 01-21-2023, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuen2 View Post
You got him there right between the eyes. I am shattered. Thrillo has impressed me with his solid arguments.

Myuen, you just don't think things through. That's part of your problem.

Old 01-21-2023, 10:19 AM

1,000 posts, read 787,480 times
https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...eachings-jesus

Old 01-21-2023, 10:29 AM

427 posts, read 128,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Myuen, you just don't think things through. That's part of your problem.

I don't have to think things through. Reason is too slow. I intuit, use common sense. You use the gospels to back up your contention like a fundamentalist Christian. Galilee and Syria? My internet sources tell me that the Roman Empire stretched all the way to Spain and the UK by 40 AD before Paul and the early Christians were stitching together the Greatest Story Ever Told. And that story has nothing to do with one of the criminals crucified at the request of the High Priest of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem.

You should have stopped bashing the Bible and the Crucifix while the going was good.

Old 01-21-2023, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I don't have to think things through. Reason is too slow. I intuit, use common sense. You use the gospels to back up your contention like a fundamentalist Christian. Galilee and Syria? My internet sources tell me that the Roman Empire stretched all the way to Spain and the UK by 40 AD before Paul and the early Christians were stitching together the Greatest Story Ever Told. And that story has nothing to do with one of the criminals crucified at the request of the High Priest of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem.

You should have stopped bashing the Bible and the Crucifix while the going was good.

"I don't have to think things through."

Old 01-21-2023, 11:22 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
"I don't have to think things through."
lol...still pretending you have any sort intellectual high ground?

Old 01-21-2023, 11:46 AM

50,828 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:

There's the problem.

Old 01-21-2023, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
lol...still pretending you have any sort intellectual high ground?

Who are you?

Old 01-21-2023, 12:48 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Who are you?
The guy who has made you look foolish over and over again, but you aren't willing to admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality