Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 01:41 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,083,615 times

Advertisements

I grew up in a Baptist church in a small town. It was pure Hell.
Heaven, I was told, was eternity around the same nit-wits that ruined Sundays and Wednesday Nights for me there....which from my perspective, would be an eternity of torture.
Hell, I was told, was absent of the people that went to that church, so I figured that it must be a good place then.

I spent a few weekends visiting the ex when she was attending Texas A&M. That place was Hell also.

I spent a day liking in Zion National Park. That was heaven. Likewise the grand Canyon, Yellowstone and even Niko Japan. Those places are heaven by example...peaceful, beautiful, serene......And I have been there. SO Yes, I have been to both places.

And since I do not believe in either one as an afterlife destination.......I get to enjoy them right here on earth. Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2022, 01:49 PM

246 posts, read 120,111 times
You are doing something right to be 91 if you ask me. Don't let anyone tell you what you think or feel from your experience is not right or true. Be true to yourself , and enjoy your time here . Congratulations on still having experiences . Some people never have them.

CARRY ON

Old 12-29-2022, 01:52 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I grew up in a Baptist church in a small town. It was pure Hell.
Heaven, I was told, was eternity around the same nit-wits that ruined Sundays and Wednesday Nights for me there....which from my perspective, would be an eternity of torture.
Hell, I was told, was absent of the people that went to that church, so I figured that it must be a good place then.

I spent a few weekends visiting the ex when she was attending Texas A&M. That place was Hell also.

I spent a day liking in Zion National Park. That was heaven. Likewise the grand Canyon, Yellowstone and even Niko Japan. Those places are heaven by example...peaceful, beautiful, serene......And I have been there. SO Yes, I have been to both places.

And since I do not believe in either one as an afterlife destination.......I get to enjoy them right here on earth. Amen.
A couple of issues. 1. Don't assume that because some people are obnoxious that all Christians are that way, or that Heaven would be that way. I can understand why hanging out with dry, humorless fundies could potentially drive one away

2. If one does not have a love of God, why would he/she expect to spend eternity in his presence?

Old 12-29-2022, 03:49 PM

19,979 posts, read 13,459,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
If one does not have a love of God, why would he/she expect to spend eternity in his presence?
I don't see where he said he expects to. Quite the opposite.

Old 12-29-2022, 03:51 PM

12,033 posts, read 6,565,777 times
Steve — lucky you!

If you’d like to read other stories on people from all over the world who have documented their NDEs
Here’s a link and click on “NDE stories.”
https://www.nderf.org/

And here is IANDS site — click on “NDEs” at the top.

https://iands.org/home.html

I believe when we die we go HOME — so I enjoy these stories and can’t wait to go back HOME….

Old 01-02-2023, 04:00 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,924,573 times
My bio on Facebook will give an insight as to my background. My smartwatch showed a negative pulse reading of no heart function for a few seconds afterwards.....that was a function i never revealed in my post....what more can i say here. My daily pulse had been at a avg of 55 then down to 50 then to 45 to a low of 41 which is not that serious in young athlete's according to medics while i am 91. Since my experience? my pulse has been in the 55 to 65 range and my body temp has been also warmer......hated wearing two sweater's and a jacket all day....enough proof?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality