Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2022, 06:04 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So you agree with my statement.
To certain extent, but this day and age it takes two to keep a home. But I do believe the man is the head of the home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2022, 06:27 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Of course, he also preaches that women belong in the home.
Rather than slander a good man, are you able to provide any actual quotes from him that suggest he believes women cannot hold jobs outside the home? I've never heard him say that and I've listened to a lot of his teaching.

Or are you just full of hot air, trying to stir up controversy where none exists?

Old 12-31-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Rather than slander a good man, are you able to provide any actual quotes from him that suggest he believes women cannot hold jobs outside the home? I've never heard him say that and I've listened to a lot of his teaching.

Or are you just full of hot air, trying to stir up controversy where none exists?
You're right, they probably don't listen to Pastor Voddie. They're listed as ,"Buddhist " on their profile. For the life of me I'll never understand why some folks just see the need to belittle what they don't follow or understand. I guess they just like to stir up trouble where trouble isn't needed to make them feel better about themselves.

Old 12-31-2022, 09:58 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
You're right, they probably don't listen to Pastor Voddie. They're listed as ,"Buddhist " on their profile. For the life of me I'll never understand why some folks just see the need to belittle what they don't follow or understand. I guess they just like to stir up trouble where trouble isn't needed to make them feel better about themselves.
Or they do understand what they are talking about. I do not know anything about this preacher, but I did look at his Wikipedia page, and it does sound like he believes women should know their place, where 'their place' is where the man wants the women to be.

And if you want women to be treated as second class citizens, then perhaps it is you who just likes to stir up trouble, just to feel better about yourself. It appears to be a character flaw of several theists around here.

Old 12-31-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Or they do understand what they are talking about. I do not know anything about this preacher, but I did look at his Wikipedia page, and it does sound like he believes women should know their place, where 'their place' is where the man wants the women to be.

And if you want women to be treated as second class citizens, then perhaps it is you who just likes to stir up trouble, just to feel better about yourself. It appears to be a character flaw of several theists around here.
So just by going onto a garbage site like Wikipedia you were able to obtain all the information you needed to come to that conclusion. And on top of that you've never bothered to listen to any of his sermons. Thats like saying the food your grandmother prepared really sucks and never even trying it. Maybe if you try and listen to him once, youll find that Pastor Voddie is all about God and family then self.

Old 12-31-2022, 03:05 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
So just by going onto a garbage site like Wikipedia you were able to obtain all the information you needed to come to that conclusion. And on top of that you've never bothered to listen to any of his sermons. Thats like saying the food your grandmother prepared really sucks and never even trying it. Maybe if you try and listen to him once, youll find that Pastor Voddie is all about God and family then self.
A garbage site?

Wikipedia articles are almost always well documented. In this case, 27 references about the preacher.

Old 12-31-2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
What has me being Buddhist got to do with this particular minister? Or are you trying to stir up trouble?

Old 12-31-2022, 03:57 PM

Quote:
A garbage site?

Wikipedia articles are almost always well documented. In this case, 27 references about the preacher.
And they're based on there opinions. Try listening to a few of his sermons.

Old 12-31-2022, 04:06 PM

Quote:
What has me being Buddhist got to do with this particular minister? Or are you trying to stir up trouble?
No.
But most of the time when people are involved in other beliefs they usually arent willing to be open to the word of got as its supposed to be read and followed. And in turn are very critical of any and every part of Christianity.

I'm the type of person that believes what our forefathers put into the Declaration of Independence that each man should be free to seek his God in his own way.

Old 12-31-2022, 06:33 PM

Quote:
No.
But most of the time when people are involved in other beliefs they usually arent willing to be open to the word of got as its supposed to be read and followed. And in turn are very critical of any and every part of Christianity.

I'm the type of person that believes what our forefathers put into the Declaration of Independence that each man should be free to seek his God in his own way.
Why should a non-godist be open to the word of god...particularly if they left a godist religion?

Let's turn it around. You would describe yourself as very open to Buddhism? You've read Buddhist scriptures? You've spent time in Buddhist temples for religious purposes (as opposed to tourism)? You've had significant conversations with Buddhist monks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality