Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2023, 03:42 AM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i can't be the only one on here wondering if this guy is just putting us on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2023, 06:06 AM

15,962 posts, read 7,021,038 times
Quote:
yes, there is that too.
and from the perspective of the soul, none of it one way or the other regardless of the choices they make or the path they take, none of it affects the truth of who they are.
That truth can be known no matter what body it is. But the obsession with the body will be a hindrance towards purifying the mind.

Old 01-16-2023, 09:39 AM

427 posts, read 127,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
spiritual perception of human being is not about body or mind. it is about the spirit which is the only truth. nothing can invade the spirit. it exists in all regardless of belief.

"Spirit", to me, is not a thing. It is a natural state of harmony embracing body and mind. Doctors and psychologist can't configure that harmonic balance. They create Frankenstein's monsters.

Old 01-16-2023, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Play_Poker View Post
How did this grass is greener from the OP get twisted into what it is now?

I don't get it.....

Don't want to either . I like common sense.

Dialogue is the heart of spirituality. It is not a talk with experts who tell you specifically which grass is greener. Nor is it necessary about the grass. Reason has no place in the human heart.

What about your grass? Is it greener on the other side?

Old 01-16-2023, 11:46 AM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
i can't be the only one on here wondering if this guy is just putting us on
There is a word for it, but we are precluded from using it, Tzaph!

Old 01-17-2023, 04:04 PM

19,990 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myuen2 View Post
Reason has no place in the human heart.
Increasing numbers of people have made this their battle cry, to be sure. As the world's systems break down, I expect the incoherence that you channel to be the norm.

It makes me glad that I'm old.

Old 01-18-2023, 07:50 AM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Increasing numbers of people have made this their battle cry, to be sure. As the world's systems break down, I expect the incoherence that you channel to be the norm.
Yes, the anti-intellectualism is very strong at the moment. We do not need to ask why.

Old 01-18-2023, 08:15 AM

22,162 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Yes, the anti-intellectualism is very strong at the moment. We do not need to ask why.
The Tao is not recognized through the intellect.

Old 01-20-2023, 02:57 PM

1,751 posts, read 753,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myuen2 View Post
Rachel Carson was an interesting woman. She was a positive influence (The Silent Spring). In my opinion, the environmental movement today is a perversion of her work. There were some great women (Queen Elizabeth 2, Margaret Thatcher, Amelia Earhart) who impressed me. I don't think they pushed aside motherhood because they believed it robbed women of their true calling. No healthy society denigrates devotion to and care of its most precious natural resource: children. There is a congruency between raising children and protecting natural resources. And you are the Rachel Carson for your kids. Wow, you didn't see that!
You got me.

Old 01-20-2023, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
You got me.

I celebrate your heroism in walking the right path of a person with a female body in a time when the world is upside down. You chose the narrow but right path of motherhood while your friend followed the rest of her kind down the wide path to perdition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality