Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 11:19 PM

50,151 posts, read 23,799,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuen2 View Post
We all are opposing war actions but Congress is not. Seems to me that we, the religious people, are rendered ineffective due to separation of church from state. The church is not waging war. The secular state is.
Now you speak for everyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2023, 09:00 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,717,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
How can we teach our children that violence is not the answer in their own lives, when we endorse a government that is so quick to use violence to handle its own disputes?

I .[/b]
First, the "Turn the other cheek" was for verbal insults. Not to allow someone to throw a haymaker.

Whose responsible? Ever play a wargame? I personally quit when Zelda became incredibly violent. Then there COD1,2,34,5 and even more. This is conditioning the young that "Killing cool as long as your government supports you"

GTA, 12,3,4,5 I think the first you had to beat a prostitute to death. God of War. I could go on. But I know like you do "The love of others will grow cold"

Keep in prayer, it's our best opition

Old 02-01-2023, 09:27 PM

427 posts, read 124,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Now you speak for everyone?

Not for everyone. I speak for all Christians in America, that part of the nation that is spiritual and separate from the state.

Old 02-01-2023, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuen2 View Post
Not for everyone. I speak for all Christians in America, that part of the nation that is spiritual and separate from the state.
No, you don't speak for all christians. When I was a christian for decades, you would have never spoken for me.

Old 02-11-2023, 11:03 AM

4,433 posts, read 4,845,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Do you have a reputable source that can corroborate your claims?

And why do you believe we don't care?
https://www.salon.com/2021/07/27/the...ths-in-prison/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a6741021.html

There are two types of drone strikes
Double taps where they will strike a house twice the second time is to kill neighbors, relatives and rescue workers that come to the aid of the family that just got blown up by a USA drone strike.
The U.S. military justifies these second strikes by claiming it is suspected terrorists are the ones coming to the aid of drone strike. Any child above a certain age that is murdered by a drone strike is considered to be a enemy combatant.
Signature Strike any gathering of people is automatically considered to be enemy combatants. This type of strike has killed large groups of people gathered for weddings, funerals meetings of local officials.
Among the large numbers of veterans that have committed suicide there are drone operators that ended their lives.

Old 02-11-2023, 11:15 AM

For several years I was part of a monthly drone protest at CIA headquarters in Langley Virginia.
It was formed by Pax Christi and the Dorothy Day Catholic Workers and was joined by Quakers (we would at times have meetings at the Quakers Langley Hill Friends Meeting House. We were also joined by other Christian and secular groups which included other Christian groups Episcopals etc along with Code Pink and other secular peace groups.
https://photobyted.smugmug.com/Category

Old 02-11-2023, 11:19 AM

We even had a reenactment of a Signature strike on a wedding party at the White House.
Many passerby thought it was an actual wedding.
https://photobyted.smugmug.com/Category/Wed-drone/

Old 02-11-2023, 11:30 AM

We have also targeted and killed American citizens including a 16 year old American citizen and others at his birthday party.
Jesus weeps!

Old 02-11-2023, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Because there are bad people all over the world who want to kill Americans.
Why do they want to kill Americans?
“The greatest purveyor of violence in the world : My own Government, I can not be Silent.”

― Martin Luther King Jr.

It was estimated that since WW II we have either directly or indirectly killed between 20 and 30 million people.
Now this is an old estimate maybe 10 years old?
I would say these days it is close to 50 million and counting just look at Yemen.

Old 02-11-2023, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Why do they want to kill Americans?
“The greatest purveyor of violence in the world : My own Government, I can not be Silent.”

― Martin Luther King Jr.

It was estimated that since WW II we have either directly or indirectly killed between 20 and 30 million people.
Now this is an old estimate maybe 10 years old?
I would say these days it is close to 50 million and counting just look at Yemen.
I think the question you've asked here -- "Why do they want to kill Americans" -- is very important when we are looking at moral issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality