Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2023, 05:25 PM

1,750 posts, read 753,206 times

Advertisements

St. Valentine's Day is coming up and it is a good reminder that love is spiritual. Love is a connection that is bigger than oneself. Love is what holds families and societies together.

One way to help build a more spiritual relationship I find is to:

(1) Find time to laugh together...tell jokes....use humor....make silly faces now and then.

(2) Find time to spend outside exercising together...go for a jog...

(3) Find time to look into each other's eyes for a minute to see each other's inner divine spark. I make my husband look into my eyes every so often in silence close up with my hand on his heart and his on mine. It helps form a spiritual bond.

How do you all build a spiritual bond with those you love?

Since it is getting close to Valentine's Day, I just want to say that I am so lucky to have my husband. The boys always light up when he gets home from work...he has gorgeous blue eyes...he doesn't drink and is responsible...he has 2 degrees and one from Brown University, he makes good money and is wise with it....he helps me when I do community service work...he allows me to raise our sons as Friends...he is funny and warm....I love his powerful hands that dwarf mine, his broad shoulders, and that he is tall....I love that he is tough but can't take a raspberry on his belly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2023, 09:41 PM

427 posts, read 127,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
St. Valentine's Day is coming up and it is a good reminder that love is spiritual. Love is a connection that is bigger than oneself. Love is what holds families and societies together.

(1) Find time to laugh together...tell jokes....use humor....make silly faces now and then.

(3) Find time to look into each other's eyes for a minute to see each other's inner divine spark. I make my husband look into my eyes every so often in silence close up with my hand on his heart and his on mine. It helps form a spiritual bond.

Since it is getting close to Valentine's Day, I just want to say that I am so lucky to have my husband. The boys always light up when he gets home from work...he has gorgeous blue eyes...he doesn't drink and is responsible...he has 2 degrees and one from Brown University, he makes good money and is wise with it....he helps me when I do community service work...he allows me to raise our sons as Friends...he is funny and warm....I love his powerful hands that dwarf mine, his broad shoulders, and that he is tall....I love that he is tough but can't take a raspberry on his belly!

Sounds real good, Quaker. I wish our world is perfect because a good life like yours ought to be the birthright of every human being. My life is pretty good too. How many of the 8 billion people out there, besides us two, are going to have a great Valentine's Day?

Old 01-28-2023, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuen2 View Post
Sounds real good, Quaker. I wish our world is perfect because a good life like yours ought to be the birthright of every human being. My life is pretty good too. How many of the 8 billion people out there, besides us two, are going to have a great Valentine's Day?
Thank you, that's so wonderful you have someone you are spiritually connected to too! What are your ways of connecting spiritually to your partner?

Out of the other 8 billion, we can all find someone. Did you say that you were from the USA, but live in Asia? How is that going?

Old 01-28-2023, 09:59 AM

29,540 posts, read 9,704,508 times
Quote:

Time for me to sign off now and get onto other things, but before I do, this latest thread of yours reminds me of an email I just sent to my kids (and new daughter-in-law) and my wife. Names removed to protect the innocent...

[We, my wife and I] were considering the benefits of gaming. In particular to keep the mind active and healthy as we get on in years. I decided to look up some of the benefits, and I came across this information from WebMD that I know we've discussed a few times over the years...

"Are There Mental Health Benefits of Video Games?

There are many misconceptions about video games and the impact they have on mental health. The truth is that video games have many benefits, including developing complex problem-solving skills and promoting social interaction through online gaming. Video games can be a great way to stimulate your mind and improve your mental health."

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/...of-video-games

We're not into video games here however. We've been playing Mah Jong lately and thinking about maybe chess, so I dug beyond video gaming to see about playing board games too...

"Those old board games collecting dust on the top of your closet could be the key to keeping your mind active and healthy while social distancing during the Coronavirus pandemic. Board games entertain and bring people together through competitive and cooperative gameplay. Some of the most popular board games are: Monopoly, Chess, Checkers, Life, Clue, Scrabble, Mancala, and many more. However, board games offer a lot more than just entertainment. These games beneficially impact health in multiple aspects at any age.

The Health Fitness Revolution team wishes you good health and is working hard on providing health information to make your stay at home a little more enjoyable. Here are the Top 10 health benefits of board games:"

https://www.healthfitnessrevolution....s-board-games/

Hope you feel better real soon [son]! Watching the 9rs win this Sunday will no doubt have some health benefits too. Unfortunate we can't enjoy that together, but above all else please make sure you take care of yourself and get better real quick like!

With lotsalove as always,

[Me]

Playing games as a family has always provided for good times that I think contribute significantly toward the sorts of vibes your thread is about. Games and all kinds of other ways to spend time together and bond. For us, however, Valentines Day involves bonding of a different sort. The sort I look forward to every year when VD comes around.

Otherwise, what do I do?

You mean other than start threads and post comments in this forum?

Best of weekends to you and yours!

Old 01-28-2023, 10:27 AM

3,108 posts, read 1,002,933 times
Quote:

I pray for them, we meditate together if possible. Once a week a longer meditation period, with other people.

I send healing vibrations, love and peace to people (use specific techniques). I also use positive affirmations mentally when in the world, outside and send "peace and harmony" to everyone that I encounter. This I use especially with people that I don't know, or people that drive like lunatics, or are aggressive, or disturbed in a way or another. They need it the most in my opinion.

It is not easy to send love when you are hurt but it is doable. Doing my best here to enlarge the circle of people that I love, not just family members or friends or neighbors.

Nice thread.

Old 01-28-2023, 10:31 AM

15,952 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:

We can see why you feel lucky indeed. Good for you and all the best to you and your family.

We are both religious in similar ways. He is content with practice in his own way, and I am deeply into studying and understanding Vedanta. I am much younger and we have been married a long time and have a history together that I value. We have managed to keep our marriage intact, have deep respect and love for each other, and I don't take any of it for granted. I am also grateful that our two children know us for who we are and love us, that they appreciate our parenting and forgive our failings as young parents when we could not always meet all their expectations. I am grateful for the beautiful, generous, and kind people they have become, and have chosen to marry 2 wonderful human beings, and have made us all a family. I am grateful for the time and love I have been able to shower on my two grandchildren who have brought us such joy. It is a all good.
Thank you for asking QB!

Old 01-28-2023, 11:48 AM

427 posts, read 127,579 times
Quote:
Thank you, that's so wonderful you have someone you are spiritually connected to too! What are your ways of connecting spiritually to your partner?

Out of the other 8 billion, we can all find someone. Did you say that you were from the USA, but live in Asia? How is that going?

I am definitely from the USA, culturally speaking; and lived abroad 6 months a year. Living away has not been going at all since the Covid mess began.

Spirituality, to me, is a state of being connected. And that state is not personal. As such, I don't have an exclusive relationship with any person or group of people. I live a life of Jesus, so to speak.

Old 02-14-2023, 04:03 AM

Super excited for Valentines Day. My husband will be pumped!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality