Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 06:06 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Does God ever visit you? Can you hear his audible voice when you pray to him? Can you touch him or feel him? Do you pray for a sick relative and then suddenly that relative is miraculously cured of his disease? Does he manifest himself in any discernible way other than a warm fuzzy feeling you get in the pit of your stomach every time you pray to him or talk to him? You do know I hope that belief in God stimulates the exact same pleasure and reward areas of the brain as crack cocaine does. Doesn't that make God nothing more than a narcotic?
God doesn't have a form like we do. He is a soul with a Divine energy, which I have felt His presence and saw a spiritual vision at least once. His energy is huge. I felt His Love, sweetness, gentleness, kindness, patience and caring. He doesn't have a voice, but speaks to us through His angels and also by soul-to-soul communication.

On a bus ride one morning to work, I was listening to music wearing earbuds on my Walkman radio. Suddenly, I heard a loud voice above the sound of the radio: "Everyone shall know that I am their God and I am their Father."

I heard this at least 20 years after I had been receiving His Divine Love (DL). And I thought to myself, yep, until my last breath I will be shouting it from the rooftops. Well, not exactly that high up! Speaking of getting a crack cocaine high, never done that so don't know what that feels like. When I receive DL, it is either warm or hot and it flows into my soul in my heart region. Sometimes as it fills up, it expands in my chest like a balloon. It's not like getting high. It's like feeling loved. If you've been in love, then you know how it feels. Pretty darn nice, imho. Since I've received DL for many years, I don't need to pray for it. If I hear a song that I love, here it comes! Lately, it's been Andrea Bocelli's music. Love him. But it used to be Def Leppard's music. I loved them, too.

One day when I was feeling sad, I thought what's up with that. So I decided to send to God all the love that was in my heart and soul, which is obviously like a teeny dot as compared to His. Well, immediately I got a reply with a huge amount of DL. So it was goodbye sadness. Hello, happy again. I have also asked for a hug and, of course, it delights me to no end when I get one. An invisible hug by someone who I know loves me more than any person ever could on this wacky earth... except, of course, my soulmate.

I have a very sick relative who has ALS. It's heartbreaking and, indeed, I pray for her all of the time. She's a Catholic and prays as well. This is what I've learned about spiritual healing. If an organ or nerve, etc. is beyond repair, then it's not possible to be healed. However, if it's possible that someone will be healed, then they will be.

Several years ago, I had an excruciating back pain and could barely walk. This happened when I came home from work. That night, before I went to sleep, I prayed and asked God to send His best doctors to heal me. A spirit doctor arrived quickly, told me to turn over and immediately began manipulating my back. This went on for some time, but the pain wasn't totally gone. The next night the spirit doctor returned for a second session, that pain went away, and it has never returned.

Just so you know, I don't go to church. My church is wherever I am, whenever I feel like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 06:47 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
God doesn't have a form like we do. He is a soul with a Divine energy, which I have felt His presence and saw a spiritual vision at least once. His energy is huge. I felt His Love, sweetness, gentleness, kindness, patience and caring. He doesn't have a voice, but speaks to us through His angels and also by soul-to-soul communication.

On a bus ride one morning to work, I was listening to music wearing earbuds on my Walkman radio. Suddenly, I heard a loud voice above the sound of the radio: "Everyone shall know that I am their God and I am their Father."

I heard this at least 20 years after I had been receiving His Divine Love (DL). And I thought to myself, yep, until my last breath I will be shouting it from the rooftops. Well, not exactly that high up! Speaking of getting a crack cocaine high, never done that so don't know what that feels like. When I receive DL, it is either warm or hot and it flows into my soul in my heart region. Sometimes as it fills up, it expands in my chest like a balloon. It's not like getting high. It's like feeling loved. If you've been in love, then you know how it feels. Pretty darn nice, imho. Since I've received DL for many years, I don't need to pray for it. If I hear a song that I love, here it comes! Lately, it's been Andrea Bocelli's music. Love him. But it used to be Def Leppard's music. I loved them, too.

One day when I was feeling sad, I thought what's up with that. So I decided to send to God all the love that was in my heart and soul, which is obviously like a teeny dot as compared to His. Well, immediately I got a reply with a huge amount of DL. So it was goodbye sadness. Hello, happy again. I have also asked for a hug and, of course, it delights me to no end when I get one. An invisible hug by someone who I know loves me more than any person ever could on this wacky earth... except, of course, my soulmate.

I have a very sick relative who has ALS. It's heartbreaking and, indeed, I pray for her all of the time. She's a Catholic and prays as well. This is what I've learned about spiritual healing. If an organ or nerve, etc. is beyond repair, then it's not possible to be healed. However, if it's possible that someone will be healed, then they will be.

Several years ago, I had an excruciating back pain and could barely walk. This happened when I came home from work. That night, before I went to sleep, I prayed and asked God to send His best doctors to heal me. A spirit doctor arrived quickly, told me to turn over and immediately began manipulating my back. This went on for some time, but the pain wasn't totally gone. The next night the spirit doctor returned for a second session, that pain went away, and it has never returned.

Just so you know, I don't go to church. My church is wherever I am, whenever I feel like it.

Quote:
Suddenly, I heard a loud voice above the sound of the radio: "Everyone shall know that I am their God and I am their Father."
God has never shouted that to me. I doubt he ever will.

You seem to be pretty deep into it. My purpose is not to try to cause a person to lose their faith, just to ask them a few questions to see if they've considered both sides. Sounds like you've considered both sides and are happy where you are so good luck.

Bit if I may ask one last question:

Why do you think God chooses to stimulate the exact same areas of the brain as crack cocaine and heroin?

Last edited by thrillobyte; 02-13-2023 at 06:58 PM..

Old 02-13-2023, 08:11 PM

77 posts, read 18,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
If I were to offer you the idea of the belief in God, but with no connection to religious teachings, of any kind, would that be acceptable?

Not a being that humans are created in the image of, but a being of light and unbelievable love.

To atheists, is it the religion part that causes problems?

Just questions, but maybe an answer too.
I have always believed in God ever since I was a child and had an NDE/OBE, even before I knew anything about the God concept. I just knew HIM as the creator.

And as to your question to atheists, NO it's not just religions, they hate the very concept of a God. They attack me with their nonsense all the time, even though they have no idea what/who I believe God even is.

Old 02-13-2023, 08:17 PM

77 posts, read 18,788 times
Quote:
God doesn't interfere in our lives, rather we are given free will to do as we wish. And that includes sinning, etc.

God is available 24/7 for those who want a personal relationship with Him. He removes our pain and suffering when we ask Him to do so.

To learn more, read here: God the Heavenly Father
I think all of the gazillions of people in extreme pain and suffering who have asked your "god" for help and didn't get any, would disagree with you. Well, those who haven't died waiting for this "help" that never came.

Old 02-13-2023, 08:25 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,081,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evenstar View Post
I think all of the gazillions of people in extreme pain and suffering who have asked your "god" for help and didn't get any, would disagree with you. Well, those who haven't died waiting for this "help" that never came.
I would add that there are diseases that not even God can cure ... Like Alzhiemers

As for the other comment, there is no such thing as sin People need to understand this and get over it. There is no such thing as SIN

People need to stop apologizing to some god for being human. After al these same people who believe that they are "sinning' are almost always the same ones who believe that this same god created them as well. And made them imperfect. SO now they have to apologize for being the human creations this same god made....

Get over it People are not perfect Our bodies, our minds, are not perfect We do make mistakes. Apologizing for being human should not be considered. We are not separated from god or gods of any type any more than we are separated from the flying spaghetti monster or the green men from Mars.....

Old 02-13-2023, 08:37 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,852 times
Quote:
God has never shouted that to me. I doubt he ever will.

You seem to be pretty deep into it. My purpose is not to try to cause a person to lose their faith, just to ask them a few questions to see if they've considered both sides. Sounds like you've considered both sides and are happy where you are so good luck.

Bit if I may ask one last question: Why do you think God chooses to stimulate the exact same areas of the brain as crack cocaine and heroin?
Well, I have no idea what you’re referring to? That love makes us happy? Just something to keep in mind here. For those who get high from those substances, it’s not everlasting. After death, there is a possibility to do the same thing, but as a spirit getting high off of a mortal and really making matters worse for the mortal. And that spirit will reside in hell, until he/she gets a clue to knock it off.

With DL, it is everlasting. It doesn’t end when our life ends. In my belief, we become spirits and we will continue receiving DL, God’s greatest gift until our souls become completely transformed and we become Divine… as God is Divine. We won’t become Gods, but we will have the same attributes as God and live in the same sphere, the Celestial Heavens.

Note, my belief is that hell isn’t eternal.

Old 02-14-2023, 04:49 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,806,194 times
Quote:
If I were to offer you the idea of the belief in God, but with no connection to religious teachings, of any kind, would that be acceptable?

Not a being that humans are created in the image of, but a being of light and unbelievable love.

To atheists, is it the religion part that causes problems?

Just questions, but maybe an answer too.
No.

Religion does cause some problems, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with my disbelief. The world teems with problematic entities that I do not reject as real.

The issue with God - or any other flavor of deity/deities - is that the evidence for their existence comes solely from a whole lot of personal experience (inconsistent, often mutually exclusive, and across a very wide and varying spectrum) and personal incredulity. Basically, deities are bigfoot and sea monsters and vampires all rolled into one, and with less evidence.

Deities simply are not credible.

That's the problem.

Old 02-14-2023, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I can't say "he" hasn't revealed himself. Much of the pain and suffering is down to religion anyway.

The majority of pain and suffering in the world has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with religion. It's mostly disease and famine and the natural order of meat-eating animals preying on the vegetation-eating animals--all natural process completely under the control of a half-wit completely clueless God.

Old 02-14-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:

Why do you think God chooses to stimulate the exact same areas of the brain as crack cocaine and heroin?

Quote:
Well, I have no idea what you’re referring to

I'm not surprised. No offense to you, star but Christians are horribly uninformed of how the real world works. Christians leaders work hard to keep their constituents uninformed and not asking questions because knowledge is the mortal enemy of Christianity. Now as to my question here are the physiological facts:

"Religion lights up the 'same brain area as DRUGS and SEX'

FEELING God's spirit lights up the same areas of the brain as the more earthly desires of drugs, music, gambling and sex, scientists have revealed."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/73...s-sex-research

You see, SoCal, when a crack cocaine addict indulges in crack cocaine, when a normal person has sex and when a religious person communes with God and has an intense religious experience all three activities light up the same reward areas in the brain--proving that God is really nothing more than a narcotic that a person takes like crack cocaine to get an intense pleasure.

Now why would God choose to light up the exact same areas of the brain as drugs and sex?

Old 02-14-2023, 10:27 AM

11,070 posts, read 7,139,669 times
This thread and this forum is very revealing of people. Most of us can see the difference among posters: those who seek disunity and complaint, and those trying to seek common ground. The first leave an empty and void legacy of ruin and waste; the latter, hope and attempts at a greater good. Even if you leave God out of the picture, others and possibly the universe will see the difference, and what makes a difference. Some will waste an entire life, and squander much that they have and won't see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality