Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 09:01 PM

15,842 posts, read 6,308,360 times

Advertisements

I had a religious experience today and it's entirely demonstratable. I wanted some french toast and I mixed up the eggs and vanilla in a bowl. I usually add milk but I was out. I saw a leftover quarter block of cream cheese in the refrigerator. I melted it in the microwave and added it to the egg mix via an immersion blender. It was like I tasted french toast for the first time. My first thought was "this is what french toast is supposed to taste like." I had been living a french toast lie. My husband said I stumbled onto something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2023, 06:05 AM

1,750 posts, read 752,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Periods always matter.
In a not so fun way.

Old 02-24-2023, 06:30 AM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I had a religious experience today and it's entirely demonstratable. I wanted some french toast and I mixed up the eggs and vanilla in a bowl. I usually add milk but I was out. I saw a leftover quarter block of cream cheese in the refrigerator. I melted it in the microwave and added it to the egg mix via an immersion blender. It was like I tasted french toast for the first time. My first thought was "this is what french toast is supposed to taste like." I had been living a french toast lie. My husband said I stumbled onto something.
A subjective personal experience but with objectively real french toast. I like it!

Old 02-25-2023, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
A subjective personal experience but with objectively real french toast. I like it!
It broke my brain. I saw the look on my husband's face when he tried it and it broke his brain for a second as well. I have now fallen into a tidepool of thinking of all the ways to make french toast. I was thinking of a Monte Cristo with cranberry bread and turkey. The cheese will have to be a white American or maybe a Colby.

Old 02-25-2023, 10:38 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
In a not so fun way.
Oh! You mean. . .the curse!!!

Old 02-25-2023, 11:33 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Yum.

Similarly, I know a diner where they make french toast out of banana bread. I used to go there with my Mom for brunch on my birthday in her last years. It was SO good.

Old 02-25-2023, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yum.

Similarly, I know a diner where they make french toast out of banana bread. I used to go there with my Mom for brunch on my birthday in her last years. It was SO good.
That sounds divine! I just need to figure out how to make decent keto bread and this could be my new thing that releases the dopamine hit.

Old 02-25-2023, 03:16 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Oh, you guys are so much fun! I decided not to post my thoughts because it really didn't matter.

But hey...thanks for the votes of confidence!
That’s the whole point

You decided not to post your thoughts.
Now, does it matter?

Old 02-25-2023, 04:36 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,787,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
That’s the whole point

You decided not to post your thoughts.
Now, does it matter?
All I have to say is "."

Old 02-25-2023, 04:46 PM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Periods do matter. Ask any woman in the dating world.
I was going to say the same thing!!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality