Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-19-2023, 04:17 AM
 
2,690 posts, read 2,607,739 times
Reputation: 229

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by david collier View Post
In my experience it is much like this world.
this world is our second world
our first world was inside the womb , we lived there from 7 to 9 months
if our first world is like our current world then our third world is like it
and our third world is not the last.
the last world is fourth and that is Hell or Paradise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-20-2023, 12:35 AM
 
9,940 posts, read 4,871,302 times
Reputation: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
this world is our second world
our first world was inside the womb , we lived there from 7 to 9 months
if our first world is like our current world then our third world is like it
and our third world is not the last.
the last world is fourth and that is Hell or Paradise
Bible hell comes to a final end in the symbolic lake of fire defined as 'second death' for vacated emptied-out hell.
Paradise is Earth as described how Earth will be in the 35th chapter of Isaiah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2023, 06:07 PM
 
12 posts, read 3,627 times
Reputation: 34
Was 'taken up' to see and talk with my biological father (who looked in his prime), when I could see through a window a typical garden outside the room.
This experience was unknowingly validated by third parties later the same day, possibly to offset my natural scepticism.
Refer my blog describing many such events on this website, if it still exists.
Experience is the final arbiter of truth, is it not. What is written in books is hearsay, best examined critically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2023, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Northeastern US
19,717 posts, read 13,262,632 times
Reputation: 9709
Quote:
Originally Posted by david collier View Post
Experience is the final arbiter of truth, is it not. What is written in books is hearsay, best examined critically.
Experience is personal and so when related to others is but an anecdote. It is of no use to anyone but the experiencer. And even there, it is possible to misread / misinterpret.

Everything, written in books or not, needs to be examined critically. But this does not change that some things have more of a basis than others. Carefully vetted explanatory frameworks worked on by many people over long periods of time, and the application of which produces predictable and useful effects, are far more credible than what someone or other claims to have seen in a personal subjective experience / vision. I don't have to examine my cell phone very critically because it makes and receives phone calls every day, and performs other various and sundry functions. It is the practical application of aspects of electromagnetism, quantum theory, information theory, and a bunch of other stuff that I can take relatively seriously out of the box precisely because my cell phone does all that stuff reliably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2023, 08:13 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
32,881 posts, read 26,096,491 times
Reputation: 16011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Experience is personal and so when related to others is but an anecdote. It is of no use to anyone but the experiencer. And even there, it is possible to misread / misinterpret.

Everything, written in books or not, needs to be examined critically. But this does not change that some things have more of a basis than others. Carefully vetted explanatory frameworks worked on by many people over long periods of time, and the application of which produces predictable and useful effects, are far more credible than what someone or other claims to have seen in a personal subjective experience / vision. I don't have to examine my cell phone very critically because it makes and receives phone calls every day, and performs other various and sundry functions. It is the practical application of aspects of electromagnetism, quantum theory, information theory, and a bunch of other stuff that I can take relatively seriously out of the box precisely because my cell phone does all that stuff reliably.
I agree. My brother and I once had a personal experience in which we saw a man step into an elevator just a moment before we did. When we did get on he wasn't there and there was no way he could have just vanished. Yet he had just vanished. I asked my brother if we hadn't seen a man get on the elevator and he said that he thought we had. So we both experienced it. But I wouldn't expect my personal experience to be of use to anyone but me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2023, 08:31 PM
 
492 posts, read 137,197 times
Reputation: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Experience is personal and so when related to others is but an anecdote. It is of no use to anyone but the experiencer. And even there, it is possible to misread / misinterpret.

Everything, written in books or not, needs to be examined critically. But this does not change that some things have more of a basis than others. Carefully vetted explanatory frameworks worked on by many people over long periods of time, and the application of which produces predictable and useful effects, are far more credible than what someone or other claims to have seen in a personal subjective experience / vision. I don't have to examine my cell phone very critically because it makes and receives phone calls every day, and performs other various and sundry functions. It is the practical application of aspects of electromagnetism, quantum theory, information theory, and a bunch of other stuff that I can take relatively seriously out of the box precisely because my cell phone does all that stuff reliably.
We are not talking about the normal run of the mill life events that just happen. We are talking about Super Natural occurrences that take place and folks get to participate. These events are life changing. In both positive and negative ways.

Some folks have auditory,visual hallucinations. So called visions that take place. Now these occurrences are highly subjective and only really useful to the participant.

There is another dimension besides the one we exists in. The Astral plane. Science is unable to discern the Astral plane.

Now if you find this absurd just skip over it. Without believing in the super natural you can never really understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2023, 12:13 AM
 
Location: Tucson
91 posts, read 23,361 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkintheLight View Post
We are not talking about the normal run of the mill life events that just happen. We are talking about Super Natural occurrences that take place and folks get to participate. These events are life changing. In both positive and negative ways.

Some folks have auditory,visual hallucinations. So called visions that take place. Now these occurrences are highly subjective and only really useful to the participant.

There is another dimension besides the one we exists in. The Astral plane. Science is unable to discern the Astral plane.

Now if you find this absurd just skip over it. Without believing in the super natural you can never really understand.
Your equivalent argument:

"Without believing in zombies you can never really understand." Can you see why that is less than persuasive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2023, 12:59 PM
 
63,367 posts, read 39,631,847 times
Reputation: 7771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer324 View Post
Your equivalent argument:

"Without believing in zombies you can never really understand." Can you see why that is less than persuasive?
There is no supernatural! The fact that the quantum level of existence is beyond our level of existence does NOT make it supernatural, just outside the reach of our macro-level measurements and science. It is no less "natural" than anything else in our Reality. What places our consciousness beyond the reach of our scientific measurement is that our consciousness exists as quanta, as well.

This is what causes confusion as we experience a macro-level existence from a quantum-level consciousness. We have no clue what the quantum level of existence is like but it comprises over 95+% of our Reality. The less than 5% we can measure and experience is insufficient to give us any clear indication of what existing at the quantum level would remotely be like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2023, 06:10 PM
 
12 posts, read 3,627 times
Reputation: 34
Quote: 'Most minds are closed to spiritual truth'. As I have been told by my Guide.
This is Freudian: we can conclude that most people are afraid of it, no doubt because they believe they are unable to live up to the personal responsibility that is at the heart of this truth, as a consequence of the gift of free will.
And nothing can be said to open another person's mind. Only they can do that for themselves, after the admission that their mind might just possibly be closed.
NB A closed mind says 'That can't be right!'. An open minds says 'That may be true but I have no idea how, so shall investigate further'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2023, 05:26 PM
 
Location: Northeastern US
19,717 posts, read 13,262,632 times
Reputation: 9709
Quote:
Originally Posted by david collier View Post
An open minds says 'That may be true but I have no idea how, so shall investigate further'.
Not precisely.

To have an open mind, one does not have to accept all possibilities as equally likely. One simply needs epistemological humility and an adequate grasp of the subject. At that point you draw conclusions, and this does not therefore mean your mind is "closed". It just means you have examined the preponderance of evidence as it currently stands. An open mind is simply the willingness to consider new evidence that might become available later.

An open mind however does not lack evidential standards, either. So when people come offering "evidence" that is actually just an assertion, an anecdote or a campfire story, a mind is not closed if it does not accept those as valid evidence.

I am not particularly open to some things that I suspect you are not open to either. I'm not open to objectifying women or children, enslaving other humans, cheating on my taxes, and a host of other things I'm sure you would agree I should NOT be open to. Does this make either of us closed of mind? Or does it just reflect that we have discernment?

Is a person closed-minded if they do not buy the notion that the earth is flat or that the moon landings were faked? Sometimes you consider the evidence and decide the evidence points away from something, rather than toward it. Yet there are people online all the time in places like Quora pleading for people to be "open minded" that the earth isn't 93 million miles away from the sun or that the moon does not reflect sunlight or that there is a secret Illuminati base on the far side thereof or that the moon landings never happened or that Donald Trump is the Son of God.

Yeah, I'm really closed-minded about a lot of things, and so are you. And it's a GOOD thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top