Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 08:25 PM

18,758 posts, read 27,181,960 times

Advertisements

Far I know, after death, a "soul: is in sort of a stasis, in a "world" where there is no time, so it is not aware of any physical time passing. It is awaiting the 2nd coming, when everyone will be judged and the new bodies will be provided to those righteous, so that they can sit by the god's throne in the heavenly Jerusalem, praising The Lord. I think, the entire new Earth will be given toi them?
Well, of course, those who fail the judgement, go to - what was about the lake of molten lava?

Yeah, some like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2023, 11:30 PM

6,607 posts, read 2,806,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Far I know, after death, a "soul: is in sort of a stasis, in a "world" where there is no time, so it is not aware of any physical time passing. It is awaiting the 2nd coming, when everyone will be judged and the new bodies will be provided to those righteous, so that they can sit by the god's throne in the heavenly Jerusalem, praising The Lord. I think, the entire new Earth will be given to them?
Yes, that's about it as far as the scripture tells us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Well, of course, those who fail the judgement, go to - what was about the lake of molten lava?

Yeah, some like that.
The Bible is not AS CLEAR on that one. So, it's a matter of 'wait and see', I guess.

Old 04-01-2023, 06:18 AM

7,160 posts, read 4,714,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayle White View Post
It seems you are mixing components of the Christian faith with Catholicism. Remember, the Catholic bible has additional books that the Christian bible does not have.
Catholicism is THE first Christian denomination in the history of the world. Without the Catholic Church you wouldn’t have a Bible.

Christianity didn’t begin with the King James VERSION of the Bible.

The missing books you’re referring to are called the Apocrypha and they are

The First Book of Esdras

· The Second Book of Esdras

· The Book of Tobit

· The Book of Judith

· Additions to the Book of Esther

· The Book of Wisdom

· The Book of Sirach

· The Book of Baruch

· The Epistle of Jeremiah

· Additions to the Book of Daniel

· The Prayer of Manasses

· The Additional Psalm

· The First Book of Maccabees

· The Second Book of Maccabees

· The Third Book of Maccabees

· The Fourth Book of Maccabees

Old 04-02-2023, 07:05 PM

9,940 posts, read 4,871,302 times
... and the apocryphal books simply exclude themselves because of being out of harmony with the '66' harmonious Bible books.
The apocryphal books do Not have the corresponding or parallel cross-reference verses and passages as do the harmonious '66' Bible books.

For example: in the Book of Sirach 25:23 he blames Eve (women) for our death whereas the Bible rightly places the blame on Adam because Adam did Not have to listen to Eve - 1st Timothy 2:14
Makes me wonder why a woman would accept the apocryphal book of Sirach ?

Old 04-04-2023, 09:10 AM

6,905 posts, read 6,793,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
... and the apocryphal books simply exclude themselves because of being out of harmony with the '66' harmonious Bible books.
The apocryphal books do Not have the corresponding or parallel cross-reference verses and passages as do the harmonious '66' Bible books.

For example: in the Book of Sirach 25:23 he blames Eve (women) for our death whereas the Bible rightly places the blame on Adam because Adam did Not have to listen to Eve - 1st Timothy 2:14

You mean - they (the apocryphal books) were not all written by the same bunch of guys with the same agenda as the Bible books ? Maybe thats why they are not so 'harmonious'?

Old 04-04-2023, 01:53 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,793,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Catholicism is THE first Christian denomination in the history of the world.
Well, tied with the others with apostolic succession, like the Eastern Orthodox and Ethiopians.

Quote:
This is not a problem for the churches that consider these books part of the Bible - while considering the Bible divinely inspired, they understand that the Bible had multiple authors and wisdom can be gained from multiple points of view. Contradictory passages are only a dealbreaker if one is excessively literal, which would not be in the spirit of writing from those time periods.

Old 04-04-2023, 11:45 PM

63,367 posts, read 39,639,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Well, tied with the others with apostolic succession, like the Eastern Orthodox and Ethiopians.

This is not a problem for the churches that consider these books part of the Bible - while considering the Bible divinely inspired, they understand that the Bible had multiple authors and wisdom can be gained from multiple points of view. Contradictory passages are only a dealbreaker if one is excessively literal, which would not be in the spirit of writing from those time periods.
Besides the "harmonious nature" of the Bible is mainly mythical and presumed to be so by divine intervention, which is nonsense. We have Dominion here on earth and God has not and will not revoke it to control us in any way. Our ancestors were simply wrong about God.

Old 05-08-2023, 12:49 AM

529 posts, read 173,021 times
Merry Meet Truso, I hope I can answer your question for I am a high priestess Wicca witch with many experiences in the occult world. I will try to give a non religious answer to your question because different Faiths have different views of death which can be confusing to understand.

I will instead give you what I have experienced and observed in the spirit world to help you understand. From my observations and experiences, I came to believe that there are so many wonderful versions of life people have trouble understanding. Let's start with me and you first.

We are human beings that live in this incredible world for a spell and eventually die. I am a witch that briefly died twice in my lifetime so I have very strong beliefs what happened to me when I died.

I never lost consciousness during my death in fact I developed a super consciousness and was amazed of the transformation I had from my physical body to my spiritual body. There was no sleep for me during my death because I was in Awe of all the wonderful and amazing things that were happening around me.

I was here, I was there, I was everywhere and nowhere too! After I crossed the universe I came into contact with 12 of the most beautiful and kind angels I ever seen. I didn't know what to call them so I just called them family because that is what they felt to me.

I never seen love like they had, and there is a pagan term that witches say "In perfect love in perfect trust" and wow, these angels had that love I never seen before!

While I was there with them a great King approached them and they bowed down to Him with great joy and love in their hearts, so imagine how surprised I was that He came right to me and smiled. He was so happy, kind, gentle and loving it was a great honor to meet Him. He laughed when He said "Sarah, you're not supposed to be here!" And then he had a humble look on His face and gentle said He had to take me back to the living so that I can finish my life.

His only request before He gently carried me back to my body was for me to show the love that He has shown me to the people I meet on Earth.

Wow I didn't have to save the world, just show people what true love is like! I believe that King was Jesus but I have no proof, because He didn't identify Himself to me and on a lighter note I like to joke with my Christian friends that I got kicked out of Heaven ha-ha, but it wasn't because I was evil or a witch that got me kicked out of Heaven, I got kicked out because it wasn't my time to be there.

Sorry for the long story but it means everything for me to share it with you. Anyway, from what I experienced, my soul separated from my dying body and left it behind when I ascended to the foyer entrance to Heaven.

I never slept because my spiritual soul continued on even after I died on Earth. There are religious Faith's that believe your living soul can't separate from your body. They get this belief from Genesis 2.7. They believe that when you die your soul goes to sleep in your deceased body until you are brought back to life to face final judgement day from God.

I'm sorry but that did not happen to me.
When I died, I was wide awake while I went to Heaven where I was greeted with love I never seen before in my life!

A Lot of strange things happened to me as I traveled to Heaven. For one thing, time does not exist in the spirit world so a second could be a billion years for all I know it was strange but just so awesome too! I went to Heaven when I died but as a witch I seen another realm besides Heaven and Earth. It is the spirit realm of Earth that separates the living from the dead that didn't make it to heaven, and it is a place for spirits that were never human at all.

Most Catholics believe in this place and they call it purgatory and it concerns them very much, because the people that end up there didn't make it to heaven. As a witch I have seen this place and know it very well!

I am very familiar with spirits which is something we're not supposed to do if we love God. I know this place very well because my eyes were opened and our physical Earth is part of the Spiritual Earth that is separated by a thin veil to hide it from the living.

This area is referred to as the occult world which means "hidden world" and it is hidden for a reason! Because normal people would freak out that there is another Earth that is part of our physical Earth where spirits reside and the laws of physics do not apply! It is such an amazing place but it is also very cold and sad too! There isn't love there like there is love in heaven, but the reason the dearly departed human spirits stay there is that it is so close to Earth that they are able to observe and be close to the living.

This is very important to our dearly departed humans that didn't make it to Heaven because they want to be close to the living so they can remember what it is like to be alive. I can communicate with these people in the purgatory realm of Earth but I can't communicate with people that made it to Heaven.

It seems that once you cross that barrier from Earth to Heaven you never come back and lose all contact with both realms of Earth.

This is what scares the deceased people of spiritual purgatory of Earth. They seen people yhat crossed over to the light and they never came back, so how do they know if they are in heaven or not?

Perhaps they never came back because the light of heaven killed them a second time when they passed through. Because I seen the light of Heaven I know you don't die when you pass that light barrier to Heaven, but the deceased don't believe me so they stay on purgatory where they think it is safe.

I'm sorry for all the information I'm giving you I suppose it can be a little overwhelming to take all that I said, but I wanted to give you a complete story of everything I experienced so you can have some ideal what happened to me while I'm alive and what happened when I died.

There is one place I didn't mention about and that is Hell. I'm sorry but I didn't see that place anywhere in my travel and can only assume it doesn't exist, maybe it might exist in the future though perhaps during final judgement day from your Christian God?

There is good and evil on the spiritual realm of Earth just like there is good and evil on our world too, but I don't believe our Earth is Hell but it is separated from Heaven for now. Maybe one day the New Heaven and New Earth will come to our planet, one can only hope!

The last comment I want to make about our physical and spiritual Earth is that both places are temporary and not going to be here forever, that is why God doesn't want us to waste our time with the spiritual occult hidden Earth, because it is a temporary place that's not going to be here forever even though it's been around for billions of years.

I see the spiritual Earth like the Titanic. It was a beautiful majestic ship that was thought to be unsinkable, but it just hit an iceberg and it's going to sink. Our spiritual Earth has hit an iceberg too and as amazing as it may seem it is going to sink into nonexistence too, that's why we need to stay away from it.

I hope that everything I shared with you gave you some insight of what I believe Heaven and Earth is all about and what happens to us when we die. If there is anything I said that is confusing please let me know and I will try to explain it the best I can, thanks for asking this question and blessed be my love!

Old 05-08-2023, 10:47 AM

1,418 posts, read 738,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Catholicism is THE first Christian denomination in the history of the world. Without the Catholic Church you wouldn’t have a Bible.
Who taught you this? The first Christians were mostly Jewish believers and were definitely not Catholic.

Old 05-08-2023, 11:49 AM

32,881 posts, read 26,100,556 times
Quote:

Except that there may never have been a historical Adam and Eve to eat the forbidden banana (I like bananas so it was a banana ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality