Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2023, 11:32 PM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
OK - whatever you say. If you think people can believe entities into existence - go with it and prosper.
Why quote me and then argue about something I never said? Nowhere have I said people believe entities into existence. I am pointing out the logical flaw in your claim.

Old 03-29-2023, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Excuse or FACT?
An excuse, as you have not even shown a god even exists.

Quote:
Harry, on St. Patrick's day, March 17th, my daughters buried their father at Arlington National Cemetary.

The pastor presiding talked about how 'great' my ex was, and how he would give someone the 'shirt off his back.'

And yet, that wasn't MY experience of him while we were married...

Hopefully you can follow the analogy, but it's not that people use 'excuses' to believe in different Gods...

...but they believe in the SAME God, different ways.
Or they actually believe in different gods, and your analogy is the usual argument from false analogy? Analogies must be analogous. A clue, me talking about our younger daughter and my wife talking about our older daughter is us talking about two different people.

Quote:
Why is that so hard for you and others to get?
We do get this, so it would be a help if you stopped your usual arrogant pretense that we are the idiots here.

We also understand you are pretending other beliefs are false beliefs about your god, and only you are wise enough to know the truth, all hail Mbombo.

Old 03-29-2023, 10:37 AM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Yes, you are misunderstanding, that is why you need another false analogy. You are taking another religious belief and pretending they are worshiping the same god as you, but in a different way. You have stolen their god, claimed they are wrong in their beliefs, and that only you know the truth.

You fail to realize how much this kind of talk amuses some atheists. We are not disturbed, we are enjoying the show.

There are four mutually exclusive theological position (three mutually exclusive divinities and non-belief), that is why your analogy fails.
Quote:
But the pantheists believe everything is a god, and we know existence itself exists, so that must mean there are two gods, including your one and only god.
Quote:
This is the usual excuse to avoid the fact that people believe in different gods, and the other problem is that the two examples I gave have mutually exclusive natures. One allegedly created existence, the other is existence. Two different theologies, two different divinities.
What all your arguments reveal is that you actually think what humans BELIEVE about God (theology, including YOURS) has anything to do with what does or does not exist. All it reveals is that we haven't a clue or as Jesus said "We know not what we do." Our misunderstanding and ignorance have NOTHING to do with the empirical issue of EXISTENCE, only the accuracy of BELIEF. As DRob4JC quite cogently summarized your view in bold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
OK - whatever you say. If you think people can believe entities into existence - go with it and prosper.

Old 03-29-2023, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What all your arguments reveal is that you actually think what humans BELIEVE about God (theology, including YOURS) has anything to do with what does or does not exist.
Not when one can read for comprehension. Or are you deliberately straw manning to avoid the fact you have STILL yet to provide any evidence for your theological position?

Quote:
As DRob4JC quite cogently summarized your view in bold:
That is not my view, and someone of your alleged intellect should know that. So instead of attacking me for an argument I never even made, try providing evidence for your position for once.

Old 03-29-2023, 04:39 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,790,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer324 View Post
Nothing sudden about it. I often engage Christians that cannot defend their claims. Since you failed to read the OP for comprehension - the issue is this specific group was so incapable of rebutting my challenges that they just punted on 3rd down and cancelled me.
That "specific group" didn't ban you because of cowardice. They banned you because you violated the TOS...

...MORE than once.

Old 03-29-2023, 04:54 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer324 View Post
Nothing sudden about it. I often engage Christians that cannot defend their claims. Since you failed to read the OP for comprehension - the issue is this specific group was so incapable of rebutting my challenges that they just punted on 3rd down and cancelled me.
Why do you feel the need to do so (bolded above)?

Old 03-30-2023, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Not when one can read for comprehension. Or are you deliberately straw manning to avoid the fact you have STILL yet to provide any evidence for your theological position?
That is not my view, and someone of your alleged intellect should know that. So instead of attacking me for an argument I never even made, try providing evidence for your position for once.
Harry, please stop asking for what you KNOW the forum refuses to allow me to assert anywhere but one thread! You have absconded with ALL the evidence and called it Nature, Universe, or Multiverse. Your "naming" conventions do NOT determine whether or not the evidence is evidence of God. Your asinine insistence on those requests for evidence when you have mischaracterized ALL the existing evidence borders on "trolling" so be careful.

Old 03-30-2023, 11:58 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Harry, please stop asking for what you KNOW the forum refuses to allow me to assert anywhere but one thread! You have absconded with ALL the evidence and called it Nature, Universe, or Multiverse. Your "naming" conventions do NOT determine whether or not the evidence is evidence of God. Your asinine insistence on those requests for evidence when you have mischaracterized ALL the existing evidence borders on "trolling" so be careful.
A bit of hyperbole here.

And, if I recall correctly, accusing others of trolling is against the TOS.

Old 03-30-2023, 12:12 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
A bit of hyperbole here.

Yes, I believe it is. At least I know I have been told that.

Old 03-30-2023, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
A bit of hyperbole here.

I said his repetitious requests border on trolling NOT that he was trolling. Stop trying to get me banned or suspended or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality