Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2023, 11:35 AM

91 posts, read 24,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I thought believing or not believing, in a religious faith is a personal choice.
Don’t the Atheists agree with it?

If you reject a certain faith - then good for you - move on with your life and live happily as an Atheist or whatever.

What was your intention in making an attempt to provide YOUR evidence that Jesus was not a messiah?
Were you volunteering to show them light of Atheism?
It's not 'my' evidence. It's the evidence from the undisputed experts on the subject. Don't hate the messenger. All that is required to shut me up is to refute those claims - with evidence. I've been waiting a long time to see any.

Your equivalent argument: "If you reject child abuse - then good for you - move on with your life..."

Um - no thanx. I was raised to object - passionately - to things that are wrong, and (gasp!) to actually do something about it. Clear misstatements of facts compel me to challenge them. It's at the core of my identity. If I see you abusing a child, I will not 'just move on'. If you say something I can prove is untrue, same result. I believe challenging claims is a pretty big part of why these forums even exist. Am I wrong??

But yes, I very much am motivated to bring people to the pristine light of Reason and Truth. It saddens me - to my core - to see people victimized by fraud, deceit, and dishonesty.

Old 03-12-2023, 11:42 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer324 View Post
It's not 'my' evidence. It's the evidence from the undisputed experts on the subject. Don't hate the messenger. All that is required to shut me up is to refute those claims - with evidence. I've been waiting a long time to see any.

Your equivalent argument: "If you reject child abuse - then good for you - move on with your life..."

Um - no thanx. I was raised to object - passionately - to things that are wrong, and (gasp!) to actually do something about it. Clear misstatements of facts compel me to challenge them. It's at the core of my identity. If I see you abusing a child, I will not 'just move on'. If you say something I can prove is untrue, same result. I believe challenging claims is a pretty big part of why these forums even exist. Am I wrong??

But yes, I very much am motivated to bring people to the pristine light of Reason and Truth. It saddens me - to my core - to see people victimized by fraud, deceit, and dishonesty.
comparing "believing in faith or rejecting a faith" - an action and a free choice that local laws of the land allow, with a crime like "Child abuse" which is a punishable felony by law? lol

I don't think you display much of an intellect to engage in a scholarly conversation - and hence, it indicates to me that you were rightly banned by that forum as you may have unconsciously attempted to proselytize Atheism which could be a violation of TOS of that site.

Old 03-12-2023, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
So, you go around challenging people on their beliefs, and then get insulting when they want you to go away? Really? That doesn't signify a weakness in their faith. Perhaps impatience in dealing with a bully, but can you blame them?
No, I get insulting when they demonstrate a complete lack of integrity by banning someone without the courage to give a reason.

And what kind of insecurity or lack of confidence in ones beliefs must exist for them to ban me - when all they had to do was ...... wait for it...... refute my claims - with evidence!

Presenting evidence - from the bible itself - is hardly being a bully.

Old 03-12-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
comparing "believing in faith or rejecting a faith" - an action and a free choice that local laws of the land allow, with a crime like "Child abuse" which is a punishable felony by law? lol

I don't think you display much of an intellect to engage in a scholarly conversation - and hence, it indicates to me that you were rightly banned by that forum.
I'm sorry that my point went over your head. You misrepresented the comparison. It was not comparing believing with a felony. It was comparing the wrong act of lying with another wrong act.

If this is an example of your 'intellect', I'm feeling pretty good about mine.

Old 03-12-2023, 11:59 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
*Whispers to Thrill* This thread was originally started in the Christianity forum...and moved to the R&S forum....

Yes, I just noticed that so I deleted it.

Old 03-12-2023, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It sounds as if it's a praise forum. Their forum, their rules.
And indeed they had a praise forum. I wouldn't have any interest in even looking at it. So instead, I chose the one forum that said it welcomed Atheists - and presumably, challenges to their claims. But this occurrence is not new IME. I know lots of Atheists that have been banned from many similar groups. On FB and elsewhere. Some of them deserved it. We know because the site actually told them what rule they violated. What a concept.

Did I deserve to be banned? Perhaps so. But we'll never know because - with their godlike power - I have been completely expunged from their existence. My sense is that if I violated a specific, defined rule - they would have simply shown it.

Old 03-12-2023, 12:00 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Some of you are also on the www.christianityboard.com site.
.... Cowards.

I believe challenging claims is a pretty big part of why these forums even exist. Am I wrong?? ...
I was banned from a Christian Forum, also.
This is the thing:
A Forum is privately owned. Like a Club they can have their own Rules that might not make sense to others.
It Is Their Right.
I mean WHY does a man HAVE to wear a tie and jacket in the Dining Room? It's a freaking Country Club.

Most, if not all, Christianity Forums are for Christians to discuss things or newbies to ask questions. Period.

It's not as if they can not defend their 'faith', imo.
And they aren't cowards ...they do not want us in their 'club'...that's all.

It's like having a Hunting Forum - they really do not WANT a pacifist, vegetarian on there...
they have no need or desire to defend their ideas.
I hope that helps.

My question would be: ''Why are Christians so insecure in their faith'' that they are not going out doing healings?
(Come on, guys - learn about your own power by your faith in God and Jesus, I say.)

Old 03-12-2023, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I was banned from a Christian Forum, also.
This is the thing:
A Forum is privately owned. Like a Club they can have their own Rules that might not make sense to others.
It Is Their Right.
I mean WHY does a man HAVE to wear a tie and jacket in the Dining Room? It's a freaking Country Club.

Most, if not all, Christianity Forums are for Christians to discuss things or newbies to ask questions. Period.

It's not as if they can not defend their 'faith', imo.
And they aren't cowards ...they do not want us in their 'club'...that's all.

It's like having a Hunting Forum - they really do not WANT a pacifist, vegetarian on there...
they have no need or desire to defend their ideas.
I hope that helps.

My question would be: ''Why are Christians so insecure in their faith'' that they are not going out doing healings?
(Come on, guys - learn about your own power by your faith in God and Jesus, I say.)
I get it. So that forum should have never invited me in if all they really wanted was to pat each other on the back. They have every right to do that.

I think a likely reality is that they DO want to engage Atheists - they just can't abide LOSING their arguments.

Old 03-12-2023, 01:18 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
And indeed they had a praise forum. I wouldn't have any interest in even looking at it. So instead, I chose the one forum that said it welcomed Atheists - and presumably, challenges to their claims. But this occurrence is not new IME. I know lots of Atheists that have been banned from many similar groups. On FB and elsewhere. Some of them deserved it. We know because the site actually told them what rule they violated. What a concept.

Did I deserve to be banned? Perhaps so. But we'll never know because - with their godlike power - I have been completely expunged from their existence. My sense is that if I violated a specific, defined rule - they would have simply shown it.
As an atheist, I would say GET OVER IT

Old 03-12-2023, 02:10 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
I get it. So that forum should have never invited me in if all they really wanted was to pat each other on the back. They have every right to do that.

I think a likely reality is that they DO want to engage Atheists - they just can't abide LOSING their arguments.
Learn to recognize echo chambers and then promptly leave them.
Ignorance is bliss and some people want to live in that bliss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality