Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-12-2023, 09:16 AM
 
18,256 posts, read 16,970,932 times
Reputation: 7558

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
What Jesus proved, or what Matthew proved since the gospels Jesus was a pure fabricated character, is that any clever person can manipulate previous predictions by having their mythical character performs actions and then say, "Aha! You see? Look, he did this and the Old Testament says the Messiah would do this. That proves he is the Messiah."


Matthew wants his avatar god to fulfill a now-non-existent prophecy saying "He shall be called a Nazarene" so Matthew has Jesus, Mary and Joseph settling in the town of Nazareth, which archeology oddly enough shows was only a graveyard at the time of Jesus.


Same with the donkey incident. Matthew has Jesus say, "I have to fulfill a prophecy saying, 'Your king comes to you riding a donkey' so go into town and get a donkey so I can ride into Jerusalem on it." Hell, by that standard any of us with proper planning could fulfill every prophecy ever written in the OT.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
I have been explaining to you that Jesus is the sacrifice.

Jesus wasn't generally thought of to be the lamb "slain from the foundation of the world" until AFTER the Temple was destroyed in 70 CE. When the Jews, who were the early Christians, lost their temple sacrifice they hit on the idea of Jesus being a one-time sacrifice for their sins to make up for the fact that they couldn't cover their sins with animal sacrifices anymore. This involved having to turn Jesus, previously thought of as an "Angel of the Lord" into a real flesh and blood man so that he could be sacrificed on the "altar" of a cross.



If one takes off the blinders to the truth one sees how all this fits together like a perfect jigsaw puzzle. But Christians are blinded to these truths because they have been spoon-fed deceptive propaganda that furthers the Church's agenda of keeping Christians enslaved to Jesus. Hence those that have minds shut like a pressure cooker will never be freed from their enslavement, not to Jesus but to the Church bigwigs who depend on keeping them enslaved to keep the tithes rolling in to fund their lavish lifestyles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-12-2023, 09:20 AM
 
4,085 posts, read 891,619 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
the fact that you don't know this speaks volumes about the limitations of your knowledge base
You still don't get it.

If you and mena believe the Torah and the first five books in the Old Testament are not the same---then that doubly proves why I wouldn't go to a Jew who rejects Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2023, 09:23 AM
 
Location: NJ
2,676 posts, read 1,275,015 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
You still don't get it.

If you and mena believe the Torah and the first five books in the Old Testament are not the same---then that doubly proves why I wouldn't go to a Jew who rejects Jesus.
Your use of language betrays more lack of knowledge. The first 5 books of the Tanach are the basis for the Christian envisioned Old Testament. There are only a few differences between the Torah and the 5 books in the OT but they are not the same. If you go back to Mensa's statement the wording was "The documents you call the Old Testament are not exactly the same as the documents referred to as Scripture by the Jews". Changing that to a statement specifically about the 5 books at the beginning is a mispresentation on your part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2023, 09:26 AM
 
4,085 posts, read 891,619 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Quote:



Jesus wasn't generally thought of to be the lamb "slain from the foundation of the world" until AFTER the Temple was destroyed in 70 CE. When the Jews, who were the early Christians, lost their temple sacrifice they hit on the idea of Jesus being a one-time sacrifice for their sins to make up for the fact that they couldn't cover their sins with animal sacrifices anymore. This involved having to turn Jesus, previously thought of as an "Angel of the Lord" into a real flesh and blood man so that he could be sacrificed on the "altar" of a cross.



If one takes off the blinders to the truth one sees how all this fits together like a perfect jigsaw puzzle. But Christians are blinded to these truths because they have been spoon-fed deceptive propaganda that furthers the Church's agenda of keeping Christians enslaved to Jesus. Hence those that have minds shut like a pressure cooker will never be freed from their enslavement, not to Jesus but to the Church bigwigs who depend on keeping them enslaved to keep the tithes rolling in to fund their lavish lifestyles.
John the baptizer said Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.

That was before the temple was destroyed, not only that, the whole New Testament was written before the temple was destroyed, and Jesus is called the Lamb of God in John, Acts, 1 Peter, and Revelations.

Last edited by Jesus'Truth; 05-12-2023 at 09:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2023, 09:30 AM
 
Location: Alabama
13,698 posts, read 8,021,297 times
Reputation: 7135
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
if you would like to discuss it, that would be great.
The problem is that you and I discussing anything has not served any good purpose. On the contrary, it has only given you occasion to blaspheme the Lord of Hosts. Your soul is too valuable. I can't put you in that position.

Back to ignore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2023, 09:34 AM
 
4,085 posts, read 891,619 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
Your use of language betrays more lack of knowledge. The first 5 books of the Tanach are the basis for the Christian envisioned Old Testament. There are only a few differences between the Torah and the 5 books in the OT but they are not the same. If you go back to Mensa's statement the wording was "The documents you call the Old Testament are not exactly the same as the documents referred to as Scripture by the Jews". Changing that to a statement specifically about the 5 books at the beginning is a mispresentation on your part.
Leviticus is the book where I gave the scriptures about God commanding the blood of animals. It doesn't matter how many books in the Christian's Old Testament the nowadays Jews use and what is in them. Especially since you admit to there being differences is more proof that I am right not to go to the nowadays Jews who reject Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2023, 09:34 AM
 
Location: NJ
2,676 posts, read 1,275,015 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
The problem is that you and I discussing anything has not served any good purpose. On the contrary, it has only given you occasion to blaspheme the Lord of Hosts. Your soul is too valuable. I can't put you in that position.

Back to ignore.
You can choose to ignore but I will continue to respond when you say things that are steeped in ignorance. Even if you choose not to learn, others who read might appreciate gaining knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2023, 09:36 AM
 
Location: NJ
2,676 posts, read 1,275,015 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
It doesn't matter how many books in the Christian's Old Testament the nowadays Jews use and what is in them. Especially since you admit to there being differences is more proof that I am right not to go to the nowadays Jews who reject Jesus.
Sure -- stick with the poor translations, the mislabeled sections, the invented "chapters" and misnumbered verses and the non-canonical texts. That sounds like a reasonable approach. Good luck with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2023, 09:44 AM
 
4,085 posts, read 891,619 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
Sure -- stick with the poor translations, the mislabeled sections, the invented "chapters" and misnumbered verses and the non-canonical texts. That sounds like a reasonable approach. Good luck with that.
Without the shedding of blood there is no atonement, there is no forgiveness for sins.

Jesus is the last Prophet who spoke to the Jews.

He is the Temple, the High Priest, the Lamb of God.

No believe in Jesus, then no forgiveness of sins and atonement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2023, 09:51 AM
 
Location: NJ
2,676 posts, read 1,275,015 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
Without the shedding of blood there is no atonement, there is no forgiveness for sins.
Except for the text which says otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
Jesus is the last Prophet who spoke to the Jews.
Jesus wasn't a prophet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
He is the Temple, the High Priest, the Lamb of God.
If he existed, he was a man. He's dead now. He wasn't a building, he wasn't a priest and he wasn't a lamb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
No believe in Jesus, then no forgiveness of sins and atonement.
This is the difference between Judaism and Christianity. Judaism looks at your belief system and says "go with that if it works for you and we wish you the best". Christianity looks at my belief system and is focused on "you're wrong and going to be punished."

I'll stick with my belief system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top