Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2023, 06:31 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,663,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
I have been debating him and he is not knowledgeable he says blood didn't have to be shed. I have already explained it to you before that Jesus says not to call anyone Rabbi, and you are doing it and want me to go by someone who goes against Jesus and rejects him, but I won't. The Jews since Jesus go by the Talmud, many teachings that are not in the Old Testament and teachings that came after Jesus.

You are not unbiased when it comes to me because I prove false teachings and know the truth. So no matter what I say you will go against me.
Just because your beliefs are that no one knows the truth it does not make it so and it doesn't mean I have to believe that I don't know the truth.
Rosends is a Jewish rabbi. It is simply a matter of respect to address him as such. What he tells you is how Jews understand their Scripture and how they practice their religion. That obviously isn't your religion. It's also pretty obvious that you aren't interested in learning from Rosends, or learning what Jews believe or practice. It's a shame since you could learn a lot from him.

I'm not particularly biased for or against anything in these forums. I don't think you prove anything. As all the other members do, you simply offer your interpretations or opinions. I doubt you know any more truth than any other member, but I don't go for or against anybody. I make comments just like anybody else. Regardless of your accusation that I am against you, I am not. You are certainly free to believe whatever you want. That may or may not be "truth." I'd guess that most of the people that post here that they they each understand the "truth" too.

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-12-2023 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2023, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Blood had to be shed. That is what the Bible says.

You keep bringing up the scripture about someone not being able to afford an animal, even a bird, but I keep explaining that to be in a covenant with God and be atoned for you sins---the priest sacrifices lambs FOR ALL THE JEWS.

What ridiculousness. You don't even know that the talmud didn't exist during Jesus' time, and the moderator here wants me to get knowledge from you. lol

The talmud contains the teachings and opinion of thousand of rabbis on a variety of subjects. It is a collection of rabbinical writings that interpret, and explain the Torah scriptures to their own liking. Judaism and the talmud reject Jesus as the Messiah.

How do you think that Jesus read things that were written that speak against him.
Let the Jew explain to you what the Jews believe about the sacrifices. Those beliefs may or may not be the same as your [non-Jewish] interpretation of Christian translations.

The moderator here doesn't care where or if you get any knowledge. I simply point out reliable sources from time to time. The Jews know more about their Scripture than any non-Jews do.

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-12-2023 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-12-2023, 07:26 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,924,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
The Jews know more about their Scripture than any non-Jews do.
They may indeed know more about the Talmud; but if you're referring to the book of Leviticus and the rest of what Christians call the Old Testament as "their Scripture", then you are mistaken as that is Christian Scripture and does not belong to the Jews unless they believe in Christ and are baptized.

Old 05-12-2023, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
They may indeed know more about the Talmud; but if you're referring to the book of Leviticus and the rest of what Christians call the Old Testament as "their Scripture", then you are mistaken as that is Christian Scripture and does not belong to the Jews unless they believe in Christ and are baptized.

You have your beliefs. The documents you call the Old Testament are not exactly the same as the documents referred to as Scripture by the Jews. Your opinions about belief in Christ and baptism have absolutely zero impact on Jews and what they believe. It appears that you know very little about Judaism.

Old 05-12-2023, 08:33 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,264,154 times
Quote:
This might be true -- I prefer to study the book of Vayikra which is part of the Chumash
https://mechon-mamre.org/i/t/x/x0301.htm

if you would like to discuss it, that would be great. I quote English translations so that others can follow the discussion. I don't believe that I have misquoted anything or that I have failed to support my points by NOT citing verses.

Old 05-12-2023, 09:02 AM

4,085 posts, read 875,618 times
Quote:
Let the Jew explain to you what the Jews believe about the sacrifices. Those beliefs nay or may not be the same as your [non-Jewish] interpretation of Christian translations.

The moderator here doesn't care where or if you get any knowledge. I simply point out reliable sources from time to time. The Jews know more about their Scripture than any non-Jews do.
You are wrong. I have explained it to you a few times now. I don't go to people who call themselves Rabbi, and I don't try to get knowledge about God by those who reject Him and His Son.

Just because someone says they are a Jew it doesn't mean they know all about the Old Testament.

Rosends keeps going against me for saying blood had to be shed in order to have atonement.

Now stop acting like Rosends is knowledgeable in all things Old Testament.

Last edited by Jesus'Truth; 05-12-2023 at 09:11 AM..

Old 05-12-2023, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Exactly.

Old 05-12-2023, 09:08 AM

Quote:
You have your beliefs. The documents you call the Old Testament are not exactly the same as the documents referred to as Scripture by the Jews. Your opinions about belief in Christ and baptism have absolutely zero impact on Jews and what they believe. It appears that you know very little about Judaism.
What? lol

Old 05-12-2023, 09:09 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,264,154 times
Quote:
What? lol
the fact that you don't know this speaks volumes about the limitations of your knowledge base

Old 05-12-2023, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
The Talmud says Jesus died in Lydda not Jerusalem, that after a 40 day proclamation, he was stoned before crucified with his 5 disciples, and that this occurred almost 1 century before the gospels say Jesus was born.

Why, it is as if different people invented different versions of an alleged historical Jesus.
There are people who say that the talmud isn't talking about Jesus the Christians believe in. Not sure how the talmud doesn't talk about Jesus the Christ.

If you want personal truth about Jesus Christ, then you will have to get that knowledge the way Jesus says to get it.

Jesus reveals himself to those who get his teachings in the New Testament and does what he says.

If you don't do what Jesus says to do then you won't have personal knowledge only worthless opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality