Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2023, 04:10 PM

22,170 posts, read 19,217,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Once again: Predition is Divination. Prophecies are NOT predictions. Prophecy is Revelation. It describes HOW God will reveal Himself to us because "we do not know what we do." Only by retrospectively discovering the patterns in our history can we know what was inspired by God as prophecy. It cannot be done prospectively, Thrill. It does not work that way. No one can know ahead of time what God is trying to tell us about Himself and how we will learn the truth about Him. All the destructive effects of religions can be traced to stupid attempts to pretend we know that, IMO.
bold below is a prime example of bold above.
it is a stupefying display of full-blown arrogance and staggering ignorance (lack of knowledge and information).

Quote:
That is why I looked for a pattern in our human speculations about God purported to be inspired by God. You know, Thrill, what you think is plagiarism. It is that avatar pattern or spiritual template that is what we are to look for in prophecy. Unfortunately, most people do what you do and treat prophecy as flawed and failed divination or prediction of specific events in time and place. It is why the Jews rejected Jesus. But the Jesus avatar template has been the most revelatory and impactful on humanity, IMO. But for me, the truth is that the descriptions of His mind and character EXACTLY match the consciousness of God I encountered. That is why I am so convinced by the Jesus template.

69% of the world does not subscribe to Jesus.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-15-2023 at 04:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2023, 04:51 PM

63,806 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
bold below is a prime example of bold above.
it is a stupefying display of full-blown arrogance and staggering ignorance.
Sorry, Tzaph, but the fact of the matter is the Jews DID and DO think they know what prophecies apply to the Messiah and what don't. They determined ahead of time what God was sending the Messiah to do and what He would have to do to be recognized as the Messiah. That "full-blown arrogance amid staggering ignorance" about what God is up to is inexcusable, IMO.

In all honesty, we "know not what we do" concerning God as exemplified by unjustly demanding the crucifixion of Jesus, IMO. So that IS why the Jews rejected Jesus, Tzaph. He did NOT meet THEIR EXPECTATIONS in what they prospectively determined was inspired prophecy. That is using prophecy as divination and is wrong, IMO. There should not have been ANY censoring or selection of writings prospectively. My examination of what was retained revealed enormous errors in rejecting viable reasoning as heresy. I can only guess what inspirations have been lost to humanity from arrogance and ignorance.

Old 04-15-2023, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but the fact of the matter is the Jews DID and DO think they know what prophecies apply to the Messiah and what don't. They determined ahead of time what God was sending the Messiah to do and what He would have to do to be recognized as the Messiah. That "full-blown arrogance amid staggering ignorance" about what God is up to is inexcusable, IMO.

In all honesty, we "know not what we do" concerning God as exemplified by unjustly demanding the crucifixion of Jesus, IMO. So that IS why the Jews rejected Jesus, He did NOT meet THEIR EXPECTATIONS in what they prospectively determined was inspired prophecy. That is using prophecy as divination and is wrong, IMO. There should not have been ANY censoring or selection of writings prospectively. My examination of what was retained revealed enormous errors in rejecting viable reasoning as heresy. I can only guess what inspirations have been lost to humanity from arrogance and ignorance.
bold above is again demonstrated in post above.
the intolerance and disdain you repeatedly display for other religions as a path to God is only exceeded by the staggering ignorance (lack of information and knowledge) of other religions.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-15-2023 at 06:04 PM..

Old 04-15-2023, 06:07 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as the supernatural so it is good that you do not believe it, Thrill. But there is the quantum realm and it comprises over 95% of our entire Reality. It is virtually inaccessible to our science or senses because it exists at a higher energy level. What makes it confusing for us is that the consciousness that we use to operate at this lower energy level actually exists at the higher level of quanta but we only experience it as a delayed playback through the memories recorded in our brain as it is formed.

We are living permanently in a situation like the victims in the movie The Sting! In a real sense, the believers in determinism have a point because to us our lives are determined BEFORE we actually experience them. IOW, we have already made whatever decisions and choices BEFORE we think we are making them. Our REAL Self gets the benefit of the experiences to aid its future decisions but we only learn if that is true after the fact!

Well, does this Jesus fellow live on the supernatural plane or the quantum one?

Old 04-15-2023, 07:18 PM

Quote:
bold above is again demonstrated in post above.
the intolerance and disdain you repeatedly display for other religions as a path to God is only exceeded by the staggering ignorance (lack of information and knowledge) of other religions.
The very essence of existence is founded on evolution, yet virtually every religion that has existed has violated it by a pretense of an unchanging knowledge of God! That is the abomination of religion. For over two millennia, we should have been seeking to refine our understanding of God but we stagnated at the most primitive levels for some utterly enigmatic reasons, IMO. The Hebrews were given the very "language of God" (IMO) and its ability to communicate (in the same text) concepts and ideas readable and interpretable by people at whatever stage of spiritual evolution they had achieved.

Was this used to foster an evolving and maturing spiritual understanding and evolving revision of their beliefs about God? Not in my opinion! To me, it appears that they insisted on conforming their interpretations to the original primitive interpretations in some fashion or other claiming an unchanging God. That has been the unremitting travesty of religions in general! Humanity has wasted over two millennia on stagnant beliefs about God, in my VERY arrogant opinion, Tzaph! They had the very language of God at their disposal and misused it.

Old 04-15-2023, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Well, does this Jesus fellow live on the supernatural plane or the quantum one?
We all are destined to exist on the eternal quantum level, Thrill. This brief sojourn at the physical level is our temporary spiritual "womb." I can't wait to see the awesome panorama of Infinity when God slaps my spiritual behind at my rebirth (physical death).

Old 04-15-2023, 08:41 PM

Quote:
The very essence of existence is founded on evolution, yet virtually every religion that has existed has violated it by a pretense of an unchanging knowledge of God! That is the abomination of religion. For over two millennia, we should have been seeking to refine our understanding of God but we stagnated at the most primitive levels for some utterly enigmatic reasons, IMO. The Hebrews were given the very "language of God" (IMO) and its ability to communicate (in the same text) concepts and ideas readable and interpretable by people at whatever stage of spiritual evolution they had achieved.

Was this used to foster an evolving and maturing spiritual understanding and evolving revision of their beliefs about God? Not in my opinion! To me, it appears that they insisted on conforming their interpretations to the original primitive interpretations in some fashion or other claiming an unchanging God. That has been the unremitting travesty of religions in general! Humanity has wasted over two millennia on stagnant beliefs about God, in my VERY arrogant opinion! They had the very language of God at their disposal and misused it.
first line in post above demonstrates an inability to see beyond the physical.

paths of religion and spirituality recognize how spirit is different from physical matter.
view expressed in post above does not.

view above is not there yet. it can only speak of and address physical matter and a physical model.
to insist that god must follow physical laws, and that god must evolve because physical matter does is to reduce limit and constrain divinity to the physical. divinity however is not physical. paths of religion and spirituality recognize this. view expressed in post above does not.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-15-2023 at 09:54 PM..

Old 04-15-2023, 08:53 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
We all are destined to exist on the eternal quantum level, Thrill. This brief sojourn at the physical level is our temporary spiritual "womb." I can't wait to see the awesome panorama of Infinity when God slaps my spiritual behind at my rebirth (physical death).

I don't believe any of it. Sorry.

I gotta get this thread back on topic.

An OT verse often claimed to be a prophecy about Jasus:

"I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, your own flesh and blood, and I will establish his kingdom. He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever” (2 Samuel 7:12–13).

It's not about Jesus. It's about Solomon. Solomon was David's legitimate offspring, not Jesus. He was David's flesh and blood, not Jesus. He's the one who built the First Temple, but his throne was not established forever. That's another failed prophecy.

Old 04-16-2023, 12:32 AM

Quote:
first line in post above demonstrates an inability to see beyond the physical.

paths of religion and spirituality recognize how spirit is different from physical matter.
view expressed in post above does not.

view above is not there yet. it can only speak of and address physical matter and a physical model.
to insist that god must follow physical laws, and that god must evolve because physical matter does is to reduce limit and constrain divinity to the physical. divinity however is not physical. paths of religion and spirituality recognize this. view expressed in post above does not.
There is no physical matter! The physical is NOT separate from existence itself. It simply APPEARS that way to us. There is no separate physicality that is NOT intrinsically part of existence itself. Existence IS Oneness. The rishis were wrong with their irrational definitional Gordian knot. It is not possible for there to be a change in what only appears to be physical without it actually being a change in existence itself. That is what Oneness IS!!

Old 04-16-2023, 01:03 AM

Quote:
There is no physical matter! The physical is NOT separate from existence itself. It simply APPEARS that way to us. There is no separate physicality that is NOT intrinsically part of existence itself. Existence IS Oneness. The rishis were wrong with their irrational definitional Gordian knot. It is not possible for there to be a change in what only appears to be physical without it actually being a change in existence itself. That is what Oneness IS!!
if someone doesn't understand something
that doesn't make it "irrational" or an "unsolvable difficult problem" or "wrong"

it just means they don't grasp it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality