Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2023, 06:10 PM

32,886 posts, read 26,105,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
The non denominational churches have the same beliefs as other denominations. They might not answer to the well known denominational sect, but they do pick beliefs from different ones.
Different denominations have certain beliefs that differ from other denominations or from non-denominational churches. That's why they are different denominations. Non-denominational churches do not all share the same beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2023, 06:30 PM

50,147 posts, read 23,799,416 times
Quote:
You don't know the truth because you would have to do what he says to do for him to show you.

So all you have is opinion and no experience in the truth...according to Jesus.
I would remind you that some of us, certainly including me, and I believe including Thrill, were christians for a good part of our lives.

Old 04-29-2023, 06:34 PM

Quote:
You are judging what Jesus says as false, without doing what he says to do to find out.
No, I am judging based on the fact that we have no authoritative evidence of what Jesus thought or said. He personally left no written record. What you are relying on is second or third hand, at best.

Old 04-29-2023, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks, compwiz02. Glad you thought of me and asked me to debate Thrillobyte. It's good to be back, even though you are being a false judge calling me arrogant.
His definition sounds pretty accurate to me.

Old 04-29-2023, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Research is not how you find out. A person can read the Bible a hundred times and go to college for it and still not have the understanding and proof from God.

Jesus says he gives understanding to those who obey him and reveals himself to them.
No, other people said Jesus said that.

Old 04-29-2023, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Why would you tune me out? Have you been reading the posts about Micah that I posted?
Because when you quote scripture, from a book I rejected several years ago, it has little meaning to me.

I doubt very much that if I started quoting Buddhist scriptures that you would suddenly become a Buddhist.

Old 04-29-2023, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
No one, least of all me, is terrified of you. You are simply too tiny to pay any attention to. You remind me of a little mouse trying to roar like a lion but still squeaking like a mouse.
And yet, here you are paying attention to him.

Old 04-29-2023, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Jesus says if you want to know if he is true he will reveal himself to you personally, but you have to do what he says to do.
For a couple of decades I wanted to know the truth. Oops. No revelation.

Old 04-29-2023, 07:47 PM

4,085 posts, read 836,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Different denominations have certain beliefs that differ from other denominations or from non-denominational churches. That's why they are different denominations. Non-denominational churches do not all share the same beliefs.
You don't believe in faith alone? You aren't a trinitarian? Non denominational churches do have beliefs that main sects have.

Old 04-29-2023, 07:49 PM

4,085 posts, read 836,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I would remind you that some of us, certainly including me, and I believe including Thrill, were christians for a good part of our lives.
That doesn't mean you did what Jesus said to do. Most denominations teach faith alone to get saved. Is that what you did? Faith alone can't save anyone. Jesus saves those who obey him and that is to whom he reveals himself.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality