Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2023, 08:43 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
See what I mean? Mike's terrified of me. And why shouldn't you be? For every tidbit of "proof" you throw out that the gospels Jesus is real, Mike I throw out a dissertation that he isn't. Check my last 6 or so threads. When have you ever matched even a tenth of that kind of detail?

Hey, Mike everyone is hoping for a knock-down, drag-out debate between us on the topic of this thread. Let's give it to them. I'm game. I promise to go easy on you. What do you say?
Quote:
See Mike.
See Mike run.
Run. Run. Run.

You saw folks. It was Michael Way throwing the insults and name-calling. I was perfectly civil. I extended the invitation to debate with him. And Mike takes a powder.

Well, I tried. I offered, Mike declined and took an ignoble exit. I guess that proves he IS terrified of debating me after all.
I would say that your taunting of other posters is bordering on a violation of forum rules. I suggest you reign in your little hate fest toward Christianity and against Christians. No one is terrified of you. You simply aren't worth bothering with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2023, 09:59 AM

1,341 posts, read 654,531 times
Quote:
See Mike.
See Mike run.
Run. Run. Run.

You saw folks. It was Michael Way throwing the insults and name-calling. I was perfectly civil. I extended the invitation to debate with him. And Mike takes a powder.

Well, I tried. I offered, Mike declined and took an ignoble exit. I guess that proves he IS terrified of debating me after all.
To be quite honest, you accused Michael of being afraid. He refuted you and defended himself. The name calling probably wasn't necessary but you insisting on saying he is afraid of you is condescending. It is obvious he is not afraid of you. You're just being a bully.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for JesusTruth to respond back to your posts.

Old 04-30-2023, 10:46 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,264,706 times
The Hebrew word "yad" means both "hand" and "arm." The question isn't which of those is intended, but what a phrase like "between your arms" might mean. This verse is actually used as a proof text by one sage in the talmud to identify that lashes are administered on the back, between the shoulders, where the arms "join".

Old 04-30-2023, 11:08 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
You don't know the truth because you would have to do what he says to do for him to show you.

So all you have is opinion and no experience in the truth...according to Jesus.
So stop eating bacon and give all your money away.

Old 04-30-2023, 11:57 AM

841 posts, read 507,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFRudsill View Post
Yes, I can see now why there is no need to strike anything at all.
I stand corrected.
When the unfavorable language is reconfigured to a completely different meaning, as in ,"hands", being switched out to indicate "body", what then cannot be made favorable for public consumption?
Not much courage involved there, and not a very unique ploy either.
I am rather surprised to now learn that such a material method is behind the challenging of God's Word
The same substitutionary approach to the untoward scriptural language being practiced by so many others calling themselves "Christian" in the failed attempt to both confuse & violate God's antecedent promise.
Lost on the perpetrators is the Spiritual power in the simplicity of God's Life Words, shining like a bright polar star to the lost soul, none of which is contained in the blackness & gloominess of their substitutionary twisted and confused interpretations.
The Divine providence of common speech being God's language of life, manifestly and supernaturally sincere in the directing of thoughts to heaven's rest.
The meaning is apparent.
You have been proved wrong in every turn. So, now you wax philosophical.

Are you shocked that the Rabbis and Jewish scholars invest time and effort to correct the lies told by Christians trying to gain converts? Think about how much time and effort Christians have spend twisting scripture and constructing their rationalizations.

Old 04-30-2023, 12:26 PM

4,085 posts, read 877,614 times
Quote:
Yep, that's Jesus'Truth.
Notice that you tell other Christians they are afraid to debate you, but you are the one who tries to avoid me.

Old 04-30-2023, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Yes, I believe that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone
That is a denominational teaching.
Quote:
and I am a Trinitarian.
That is a denominational teaching.

You said you were non denominational and went against me for saying you have the beliefs of many denominations.

The member Compwiz02 was right about my being the one without denominational connections.

Quote:
Don't make assumptions about me. I simply said that the reason there are denominations is because there are disagreements concerning certain doctrines. I did not say that each denomination has totally different beliefs from every other denomination. Now leave it at that.
There are no assumptions on my part. Just trying to show you truth.

Old 04-30-2023, 01:00 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post

There are no assumptions on my part. Just trying to show you truth.
Just because you think it, doesn't mean it's the truth. That's pure ego.

Old 04-30-2023, 01:04 PM

841 posts, read 507,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFRudsill View Post
I see, so then the proper meaning of this other also badly misinterpreted verse which again makes the
identical unlearned mistake of saying hands where really it is "what is between her hands" being the body of her mistress that Hagar is being told to submit herself too?
Correct?

Gen 16:9

And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands.
Go back to Rosends last few posts, especially 381. Yad can be hand, arm, forarm.

https://www.pealim.com/dict/4085-yad/

Last edited by WestRiverTraveler; 04-30-2023 at 01:18 PM..

Old 04-30-2023, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And who, exactly, are you to judge?
God says to judge.
I am a child of His.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I think that decision is way above your pay grade.
This post of yours displays the arrogance mentioned earlier. Arrogance is not supposed to be a christian trait.
You are a false judge who is also a hypocrite who says he doesn't judge.

You don't see what you just did?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality