Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2023, 09:06 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:

Quote: Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth
Your denial and insults are no defense for your beliefs.

The whole Bible is about Jesus.

Not only was Jesus prophesied about directly, there are many scriptures that speak about things that are types of Jesus.

For instance, the Passover, the Rock, the bronze snake in the desert, the crossing of the Jordan, the sacrifice of the lambs for sin, the earthly temple, the circumcision, the special diet, and the external washings, etc, all about Jesus.

There is no one but Jesus who fulfills all the scriptures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth
There are scriptures that are prophesies of Jesus, but also speak of a man of God, yet that man of God was not perfect and failed. Jesus is the perfect one and fulfilled the prophets and the scriptures.

1 Chronicles 17:11-14 When your days are over and you go to be with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, one of your own sons, and I will establish his kingdom. He is the one who will build a house for me, and I will establish his throne forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor. I will set him over my house and my kingdom forever; his throne will be established forever.

That prophecy is a double prophecy. It is first fulfilled in Solomon who built the temple, but then sinned and his kingdom was broke apart a few years after his death. This prophecy looks forward to a “Son of David” who would come, who would have a kingdom without end. Jesus who was without sin is the one who fulfills this prophecy and all the others to completion.

Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth
Jesus is in the scriptures of Micah.

About Jesus---

Micah 4:2 Many nations will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.” The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

(Ephrath or Ephrathah or Ephratah (Hebrew: אֶפְרָת \ אֶפְרָתָה) is a biblically referenced former name of Bethlehem,[1] meaning "fruitful". See Wikipedia.)

In Micah 5:2 God eliminated all the cities of the world and selected Bethlehem, with a population of less than a thousand, as the Messiah's birthplace.

In the New Testament when the wise men seek the birth of the Lord, Matthew 2:2 saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.” Herod asks where the Christ would be born. In 5 They responded to Herod by saying”, In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet” and they quote Micah.
Without that scripture in Micah they would not have known that.

Micah 5:1-3“Now muster yourselves in troops, daughter of troops; they have laid siege against us; with a rod they will smite the judge of Israel on the cheek. 2 “But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, from the days of eternity.” 3 Therefore, He will give them up until the time when she who is in labor has borne a child.

This is prophecy of the Messiah, it is stated in scripture 3 about a female giving birth to a child. This “child” is described as having existed from eternity a characteristic exclusive to God.
See Matthew 2:6 where Micah 5:2 is quoted. The statement that this child was born King of the Jews agrees that the Son is Eternal (see also Isaiah 9:6; John 17:24; Hebrews 7:3).

Micah 7:20 You will be faithful to Jacob, and show love to Abraham, as you pledged on oath to our ancestors in days long ago.

The promise was to bring the Savior into the world that would come from Abraham's own seed.
This is all ludicrous nonsensical Christian dogma. I can't respond to such silliness. You're obviously a fanatical Christian and it's pointless to try to have an intelligent conversation with you. Had I known you were this deep into Christian beliefs I never would have started the debate with you.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 05-01-2023 at 09:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2023, 09:09 AM

50,816 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
I don't believe what you say.
I know you haven't heard everything before that I say.

You weren't given understanding and didn't have Jesus revealed to you because you didn't obey him.

Do you really think you have to tell me that? LOL

I am telling you that what you and the other atheists say about God and the Bible are just worthless opinions.

You don't have any knowledge about God.

You have a hard time understanding a lot of things.
You have a huge ego.

Old 05-01-2023, 09:10 AM

4,085 posts, read 878,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
So the Bible is useless to teach about Christianity, one needs some special, magical knowledge to know the real 'truth'?

So you have given all your money away, been circumcised, and no longer eat bacon?
I already explained about the food and money, but as God says, you can't retain the truth.

Old 05-01-2023, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Matthew 19:16-30 is not about the apostles and disciples.
God in the flesh was right in front of the rich man. Jesus had people be traveling ministers with him during the laying of the foundation. In that time people had to leave their family and homes and go with Jesus to help Jesus preach the gospel. That rich man chose his riches instead of Jesus.

Old 05-01-2023, 09:15 AM

50,816 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Th NT says Jesus was a Rabbi, so he would have been able to read and write. If Jesus did exist, to have been a religious leader suggests he was probably literate.
Harry, the bible says what it wants us to believe about Jesus. All we know for sure is that we have not one shread of written prose that we can attribute to Jesus. Everything about Jesus' thoughts are second or third hand information. I thought this was an interesting article: https://theschoolofchrist.org/jesus-really-rabbi

Old 05-01-2023, 09:16 AM

Quote:
According to the NT, which also says the one and only sacrifice of Jesus was in a temple in heaven not built by human hands. Hebrews 9:23-25.
What point are you trying to make?

Old 05-01-2023, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
To post #445

The genealogies of Luke and Matthew are obviously full of errors. Churchmen concocted the idea of attributing one to Joseph and one to Mary. What can you offer to prove it. You[re forced to just accept their word, and being a Christian you'd happily not investigate to see if it's true. Mary and Joseph share about 80% the same ancestors and 20% different ones--that's just an outrageous claim.
Why would it be outrageous? The Jews were blood related to Abraham.

Old 05-01-2023, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
This is all ludicrous nonsense Christian dogma. I can't respond to such silliness. Crossing Jordan being about Jesus! Outrageous. Your stuff is too crazy, Truth. You're obviously a rabid Christian who drinks the Christian Kool-aid by the gallons. It's pointless to try to have a conversation with you.
That is what people do who have no defense for their false beliefs, they resort to personal attacks.

Old 05-01-2023, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
That is what people do who have no defense for their false beliefs, they resort to personal attacks.

Whatever. I'm not responding to your nonsense anymore.

Edit: After thinking about things, I've concluded, Truth that you are one of these fanatical Christians who simply doesn't hear anything a non-believer tells you. You're so deep into your own theology that anything outside of it is just a blur for you. That's why I cannot have a conversation with you. All you're going to do is throw mountains of Christians at me that have no relevance to the topic and derail the thread to get it locked.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 05-01-2023 at 09:47 AM..

Old 05-01-2023, 09:34 AM

Prophecy about Jesus according to Christians:

“The scepter will not depart from Judah,
nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet,
until he to whom it belongs shall come
and the obedience of the nations shall be his” (Genesis 49:10).

Does anyone see even a hint of Jesus' name in there, or anything about a future event. This could be about anyone. It's just vague flowery poetry about nobody in particular, certainly not about the Messiah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality