Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2023, 08:42 AM

2,668 posts, read 1,243,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Is this tired allegation of Christian misbehavior supposed to absolve the people of your religion for their role in killing the God who brought them out of Egypt?
Sorry that mention of the various massacres of Jews through history at the hands of Christians is a "tired allegation."

And your God can die? That's sad. You should upgrade to one that can't. Use your brain -- what's stopping you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2023, 08:44 AM

1,440 posts, read 464,268 times
See past yourselves to listen and learn

Last edited by chief scum; 05-03-2023 at 08:56 AM..

Old 05-03-2023, 08:49 AM

13,369 posts, read 7,672,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
Sorry that mention of the various massacres of Jews through history at the hands of Christians is a "tired allegation."

And your God can die? That's sad. You should upgrade to one that can't. Use your brain -- what's stopping you?
"Massacres". Misleading hyperbole won't get you any sympathy from me. Nor is your attempt to deflect from your fathers' guilt going to absolve you.

Baptism and repentance is the only remedy.

Frankly; your posts are disgusting, and to avoid getting an infraction I'm putting you on ignore and won't be dialoguing with you in the future.

Old 05-03-2023, 09:46 AM

10,044 posts, read 6,309,362 times
Quote:
Is this tired allegation of Christian misbehavior supposed to absolve the people of your religion for their role in killing the God who brought them out of Egypt?

Which is worse?

To echo St. Stephen, which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute?

Repent and be baptized. What's stopping you?
Repent of what? We haven't done anything sinful by being Jewish.

Old 05-03-2023, 09:49 AM

Quote:
"Massacres". Misleading hyperbole won't get you any sympathy from me. Nor is your attempt to deflect from your fathers' guilt going to absolve you.

Baptism and repentance is the only remedy.

Frankly; your posts are disgusting, and to avoid getting an infraction I'm putting you on ignore and won't be dialoguing with you in the future.
If you think using the term "massacres" is misleading hyperbole, you must not read much history.

Old 05-03-2023, 09:52 AM

18,185 posts, read 16,750,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I don't run. Get this though your head. I'm not spending all my time indulging you in your little hate fest for Christianity and for Christians. So stop referring to me in your attempts to build yourself up at the expense of other people.

Yes, of course, that's what they all say. Peter says,

"Be ready always to give an answer to every man who asketh you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear." 1 Peter 3:15

and you certainly spit in Peter's eye on being ready to give an answer to every man who asks, and you absolutely give him a kick in the groin on meekness--nothing meek about you. But where you absolutely shine, Mike is the fear part.

And incidentally you are less than disingenuous on the Psalm 22 "pierce" controversy. From the link YOU posted:

One can see that the Masoretic text you refer to didn't even have a verb. It read, "Like a lion my hands and my feet"

Then it was "They DUG my hands and feet".

And take a look at this: the ONLY scroll that contains a character that could conceivably be interpreted as "pierced" is dated--are you ready for this?????

1st-2nd Century CE!!!!!!!!!! Well after Christianity was in bloom.

"The oldest Hebrew manuscript of Psalm 22 is the Nahal Hever manuscript. It dates to the first or second century AD"

1) The Dead Sea Scrolls do not have a Hebrew word for "pierced" here.
2) No Manuscripts of the Masoretic Text have a Hebrew word for "pierced" here.
3) The "Septuagint" (this word is commonly used to refer to Jewish Greek translations of the Jewish Bible but it's difficult to distinguish an early Jewish translation from an early Christian translation) transmission evidence shows that "pierced" was not original to it.
4) The Syriac evidence for the original word is unclear.

https://thenewporphyry.blogspot.com/...like-lion.html

Furthermore:

"The analysis demonstrates that Psalms 22 is an historic account by its author, King David, rather than a “messianic text†that foretells the suffering and crucifixion of Jesus."

https://uriyosef.wordpress.com/2021/...xion-scenario/

No matter how you slice the pie, Mike the fact remains that the Christian god Yahweh did a really shoddy job of preserving the texts that would have proven definitively that Psalm 22 is a prediction of the crucifixion of Jesus. But in any case in no way can it be argued convincingly that Psalm 22 is a prophecy of Jesus.

Old 05-03-2023, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Repent of what? We haven't done anything sinful by being Jewish.
Being Jewish has nothing to do with it. We have all sinned against God and need to repent. Being descended from Abraham does not give you a pass.

Old 05-03-2023, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Being Jewish has nothing to do with it. We have all sinned against God and need to repent. Being descended from Abraham does not give you a pass.
Then we repent and atone to G-d and/or the people we have sinned against. Baptism has nothing to do with forgiveness.

Old 05-03-2023, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Then we repent and atone to G-d and/or the people we have sinned against.
How will you know when you've done enough atonement for your sins?

Old 05-03-2023, 11:03 AM

2,668 posts, read 1,243,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFRudsill View Post
You have some confused concepts of the kings English.
The process by which God deemed some of the mixed multitude at Mt Sini to live and some to die,who is "real convert" is not a "refining"
No, it wasn't -- the eirev rav weren't converts and weren't refined. Most died out after the Golden Calf and the plague.

I can get you some resources on "convert" in Judaism if that would help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality