Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2023, 09:56 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We have NO DIRECT knowledge of what God requires of us, period! Any and all interpretations of any inspirations from God are the product of human ignorance and fallibility.
And that includes you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2023, 10:02 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And that includes you.
Since I am human, Phet, it obviously does. Why do you feel compelled to keep pointing it out?

Old 04-11-2023, 10:11 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
I'll ask any Christian in here since I don't think chief scum wants to put his head in the noose on this question:

Is the "He" in Micah 5:5-6 Jesus? Yes or No?

Old 04-11-2023, 10:14 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Since I am human, Phet, it obviously does. Why do you feel compelled to keep pointing it out?
Because you preach with what you think is authority.

Old 04-11-2023, 10:24 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
We have NO DIRECT knowledge of what God requires of us, period! Any and all interpretations of any inspirations from God are the product of human ignorance and fallibility.
Na, und? We know what is in the Bible, and the basic difference between the two covenants described in the two sections.

Perhaps you should aim your argument at those who do claim to know about their god.

Old 04-11-2023, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Maybe it was a bad comparison but what I meant was when you have a lottery ticket in your hand and the numbers have not been announced, you COULD be the winner holding the winning ticket. We're in that same predicament in that historians have not determined who the "he" is in all these OT verses. A logical mind with a working knowledge of the OT though would know that these he's are referring to hundreds of different people depending on the period in Jewish history they are being written; they cannot possibly be about Jesus. A logical mind knows that predictions cannot be made hundreds to thousands of years of years before they happen and then then hundreds or thousands of years later they happen with pinpoint accuracy. That's supernatural paranormal stuff and logical minds know that the supernatural paranormal doesn't exist in this natural normal earth.

So if you want to stretch it to "It could be Jesus" I think that's a subjective argument. Objectively the rational mind says "No, this cannot be about Jesus because we are talking near-500 diverse verses from a span of roughly 4000 years of Jewish history (if you want to count Genesis 3:15 as a prophecy of Jesus) and saying that ALL these verses pertain to one unique being that is Jesus, the son of God. Combine that with the verses that could not possibly be about Jesus such as Micah 11:5-6 and we are not in "Could" territory--we're in "That's impossible" territory. But take just the 400+ verses that Christians attribute to being predictions about Jesus and the odds of that skyrocket into the deepest reaches of spaces if we're going to write out the 0's. In short, all these verses cannot possibly be about Jesus. The odds are so infinitesimal against all these OT verses being about Jesus that it's not even worth discussing, except to say that Christians are propagandizing the OT to try to con people into believing something that is loony tunes.
"One Chance in a Trillion, Trillion, Trillion, Trillion, Trillion, Trillion, Trillion, Trillion, Trillion"

"...The probability that anyone could fulfill as many prophecies as were written in the Bible about Jesus’ birth and life. There are over 300 prophecies about Jesus mentioned in the Bible. The mathematical chances that any one person could fulfill all of them is one chance in a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion! And Jesus had to fulfill every single one, or He was not the Messiah at all!
Let’s look at just eight of them. The probability that someone could fulfill just eight of these prophecies is one in 100,000,000,000,000,000!"

https://www.icsv.at/one-chance-in-a-...llion-trillion

Come on, people. GET REAL! The thought some unknown zealot prophet could beat those odds is so loony tunes it reaches to the next universe. In short, it's pure bogus hokum.

Old 04-11-2023, 11:24 AM

1,478 posts, read 478,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
Before his passing, while living in Egypt with his family. Israel blessed his children and he knew of the Scepter, it's presence, origin and Heritage, as he passed it along to Judah, and then to the One to whom it belongs. King David looked to him as well and called him Lord.

I am thankful to know the one who is visual perfection, all the way to the Heart.
Quote:
I see Jesus Christ in God's first spoken words "Let there be light". And I referenced that in my first post in this thread.
Quote:
Just like Herod, and in the same spirit you seek to deny the existence of Jesus Christ and eliminate him.

Who are you having this fight with?

Just like Herod and in the same spirit, you can't see anything past yourself.
Quote:
I'll ask any Christian in here since I don't think chief scum wants to put his head in the noose on this question:

I am thankful to know the one who has the wherewithal to see his people through it all, even Death, from God's first spoken to the present.

What a beautiful sight and knowing is the one who is visual living perfection all the way to the Heart.

Old 04-11-2023, 11:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:
I am thankful to know the one who has the wherewithal to see his people through it all, even Death, from God's first spoken to the present.

What a beautiful sight and knowing is the one who is visual living perfection all the way to the Heart.

Chief, I am thankful too. Thankful that you have proven to the readers in here that when a Christian is confronted with the truth, the Christian has no choice but to withdraw into obfuscation and dodging the truth.

I will explain to the readers WHY chief refuses to answer the question: because to say yes would prove Jesus is a false Messiah. But to say no would expose the whole "Jesus is predicted in the Old Testament" deception.

Once again, Christianity is built on a mountain of lies and the idea that Jesus is predicted in the Old Testament 400+ times is one of those lies as chief scum just demonstrated.

Old 04-11-2023, 12:11 PM

9,325 posts, read 12,995,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
But why would a god need a new covenant?
To make the goyim feel special.

Old 04-11-2023, 12:40 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times
Quote:

Yes! The Assyrians are used here as a figure or type for those who persecute the Church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality