Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2023, 02:24 PM

4,085 posts, read 871,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Another good reason to reject the Bible and Bible God as legit. You actually believe that the Creator of the Universe required animal sacrifices during the bronze age and then changed his mind after he sacrificed himself on a Roman torture device. Well I guess God MADE the Romans invent crucifixion since it was part of his "plan".

Blood atonement for sin probably made perfect sense to people of that period of time. But in retrospect it is bizarre and makes no sense. Just a waste of animals.
God did not change His mind about the sacrifice of animals---it was a teaching tool and shadow of Jesus who was to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2023, 02:26 PM

2,675 posts, read 1,262,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
No such thing as no blood being required to atone for sins no matter how often you deny it.
So you deny Lev 5. Understood.
Quote:
Even if a person could not afford an animal to sacrifice---there had to be blood used by the priests.
That's not what Lev 5 says but we know how you feel about those verses.

Quote:
Leviticus 17:11
For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for your souls upon the altar; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.
Again you quote from a biblical section regarding the eating of blood. The text forbids eating blood because in an animal sacrifice that is designed for atonement, the blood is essential. But that doesn't mean that blood is required, nor that the only function of sacrifices is for sin.
Quote:
Ezekiel 43:18
Then He said to me: "Son of man, this is what the Lord GOD says: 'These are the statutes for the altar on the day it is constructed, so that burnt offerings may be sacrificed on it and blood may be sprinkled on it:
Blood is also sprinkled after some non-sin based sacrifices. In fact, the verse you cite is not discussing sin sacrifices but the thanksgiving ones which celebrate the consecration of the altar.

Quote:
Sacrificing animals to God was done in the Adam and Eve days, and even by Noah in the Ark.
Yes, and not for sin reasons.

Quote:
The talmud did not exist yet.
Feel free to say that if you want.
Quote:
Give the word 'talmud' in the Bible.
It occurs as often as the word "Jesus." I guess neither existed.
Quote:
The talmud is the writing of the Jews rabbis' and how they explain the Old Testament, thus making new rules and regulations not in the the Old Testament---not according to the Christian Bible.
You see, that's where your belief is getting in the way of your understanding. If that is your belief about the talmud then you will be very limited in what you can learn.
Quote:
I go by Jesus and the scriptures from Genesis to Malachi to Matthew to Revelation---as taught to me by Jesus himself.
I don't work via delusions. I study with experts. Anyone who tells me that he got his law degree in 2023 by sitting Thomas Jefferson won't get me to hire him.
Quote:
God hasn't spoken through the prophets to the Jews since Jesus.
No, actualy since about 300 years before Jesus was born. Jesus wasn't a prophet.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:27 PM

2,675 posts, read 1,262,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
When that generation was lead to the promised land, Joshua and Caleb believed what God had said, and looked forward to seeing God's word to Abraham fulfilled. The others who were sent to spy the land were filled with the fear of being sent to their demise and chose not to enter the promised land, and they ended up taking precedence over what Joshua and Caleb had reported. And then spent the next 40 years wandering the desert.
that's nice. Irrelevant though.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What qualifications do you have to tell a rabbi what the Talmud is or is not??? That is amazingly arrogant, IMO.
I couldn't care any less what you have to say.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
So you deny Lev 5. Understood.

That's not what Lev 5 says but we know how you feel about those verses.

Again you quote from a biblical section regarding the eating of blood. The text forbids eating blood because in an animal sacrifice that is designed for atonement, the blood is essential. But that doesn't mean that blood is required, nor that the only function of sacrifices is for sin.

Blood is also sprinkled after some non-sin based sacrifices. In fact, the verse you cite is not discussing sin sacrifices but the thanksgiving ones which celebrate the consecration of the altar.

Yes, and not for sin reasons.

Feel free to say that if you want.

It occurs as often as the word "Jesus." I guess neither existed.

You see, that's where your belief is getting in the way of your understanding. If that is your belief about the talmud then you will be very limited in what you can learn.

I don't work via delusions. I study with experts. Anyone who tells me that he got his law degree in 2023 by sitting Thomas Jefferson won't get me to hire him.

No, actualy since about 300 years before Jesus was born. Jesus wasn't a prophet.
All this is just a bunch of filler nonsense by someone who can't defend his false beliefs.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:54 PM

50,750 posts, read 24,253,304 times
Quote:
Quit lying about me. Keep your silly opinions about me to yourself. Would you like me to tell you here what I think of you?
Go ahead. You've already told me I'm going to hell.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:55 PM

50,750 posts, read 24,253,304 times
Quote:
Again, I only go by the preserved words of God in the Holy Bible.

I do not go by teachings of men, not those who call themselves "Rabbi", "Father", and "Teacher".

Jesus is by Rabbi and Teacher and Father.

There is only one way to get Jesus as those things and it is if you do what he says to do.
You don't respect men who have the title of "Rabbi", "Father", and "Teacher", but we are supposed a man with no apparent title.

Old 05-11-2023, 03:07 PM

1,475 posts, read 477,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
When that generation was lead to the promised land, Joshua and Caleb believed what God had said, and looked forward to seeing God's word to Abraham fulfilled. The others who were sent to spy the land were filled with the fear of being sent to their demise and chose not to enter the promised land, and they ended up taking precedence over what Joshua and Caleb had reported. And then spent the next 40 years wandering the desert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
that's nice. Irrelevant though.
I was just addressing the discussion we were having from the roots.

Old 05-11-2023, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Go ahead. You've already told me I'm going to hell.
Where did I tell you that?

Old 05-11-2023, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You don't respect men who have the title of "Rabbi", "Father", and "Teacher", but we are supposed a man with no apparent title.
Could you rephrase that so it is more understandable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality