Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 08:27 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
What plans do Atheists have if aliens turn to be believers in God based on faith?
All we know for sure is if they step out of the spacecraft... and they are naked...that means that they didn't eat the apple in their respective garden of Eden.... which of course, means they are benevolent.

If they come out of the spaceship wearing clothes...It's bad news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2023, 08:53 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,337,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
What plan do religions have if life on other planets is discovered? Do we throw the Bible out and start over? Is it fair to convert a “whole new world”? Thoughts?
Don't know " what plan do religions have ", but 2000 years of human advancement and achievement has not altered my faith in God.

My faith is firm. It is rock solid. In fact I look forward to more discovery and advancement.

If there life, even intelligent life, somewhere other than earth, so be it.

Would not deter my faith in the least bit.

Old 04-24-2023, 11:24 AM

11,090 posts, read 7,149,943 times
I'm ready for the aliens. I've got chocolate, primo wine, some cool guitars, and fun clothes for them. We'll have too good of a time to worry about religion.

Old 04-24-2023, 09:02 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
With a bit of effort, you could have found this, a reference to "aliens" in the Talmud/Bible:

The living creatures, living beings, or hayyot (Hebrew חַיּוֹת ḥayyōṯ) are a class of heavenly beings in Jewish mythology. They are described in the prophet Ezekiel's vision of the heavenly chariot in the first and tenth chapters of the Book of Ezekiel. References to the sacred creatures recur in texts of Second Temple Judaism, in rabbinical merkabah ("chariot") literature, in the Book of Revelation in the New Testament, and in the Zohar.
According to Jewish and Christian traditions, there are four living creatures, although their description varies by source. The symbolic depiction of the four living creatures in religious art, especially Christian art, is called a tetramorph.

Ezekiel's vision of the four living creatures in Ezekiel 1 are identified as cherubim in Ezekiel 10, [1] who are God's throne bearers
n Revelation 4:6–8, four living beings (Greek: ζῷον, zōion)[5] are seen in John's vision. These appear as a lion, an ox, a man, and an eagle, much as in Ezekiel but in a different order.

In Judaism, the living beings are considered angels of fire, who hold up the throne of God...In Christianity, the four living creatures are Cherubim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_creatures_(Bible)

Or, "aliens" are ONLY grey guys with almond shaped eyes? Well, those are, actually, inhabitants of Atala Loka. Very advanced technological civilization, with one glitch - they have no feelings. None.No love, apssion, fear, hate, friendship, etc, etc, whatever makes humans humans.

Old 04-24-2023, 10:51 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,259,585 times
For the people who think that Jesus is real and the only savior, etc., God is the author of the Bible which is an accurate and perfect book which describes everything you need to know in life, etc., and more pertinently, for the people who think non-Christians go to hell, etc...

I think that's who this question is for. What if there's another civilization that lives very far away in another part of the galaxy, or in a different galaxy, and they're more intelligent, accomplished, and more advanced than us in every way. And they have no idea of God or religion, or maybe have their own spirituality or whatever, and in general are just rational and peaceful beings. And, we'll never be in contact with them. Or they're not going to be too impressed with Jesus, or anything about us, or our relatively primitive civilization. Maybe 2,000 years ago they were already in star ships exploring their planetary system.

They're all going to hell, because... they're not Christians? Is that what some people around here believe?

Seriously, it's not like religion hasn't already been disproved in every way, but man would an encounter with intelligent aliens totally disprove almost every religion, or the idea that the vast universe is in any way centric on our "prophets" on this one particular planet. Especially if it turns out that our civilization is insignificant compared to what's out there.

Old 04-24-2023, 11:17 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,086,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I'd say, "Hi, idiot aliens."
They will probably reply with, "Gets one to know one".

Old 04-25-2023, 07:39 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,086,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
For the people who think that Jesus is real and the only savior, etc., God is the author of the Bible which is an accurate and perfect book which describes everything you need to know in life, etc., and more pertinently, for the people who think non-Christians go to hell, etc...

I think that's who this question is for. What if there's another civilization that lives very far away in another part of the galaxy, or in a different galaxy, and they're more intelligent, accomplished, and more advanced than us in every way. And they have no idea of God or religion, or maybe have their own spirituality or whatever, and in general are just rational and peaceful beings. And, we'll never be in contact with them. Or they're not going to be too impressed with Jesus, or anything about us, or our relatively primitive civilization. Maybe 2,000 years ago they were already in star ships exploring their planetary system.

They're all going to hell, because... they're not Christians? Is that what some people around here believe?

Seriously, it's not like religion hasn't already been disproved in every way, but man would an encounter with intelligent aliens totally disprove almost every religion, or the idea that the vast universe is in any way centric on our "prophets" on this one particular planet. Especially if it turns out that our civilization is insignificant compared to what's out there.
In all reality - no human knows and/or can decide who goes to Heaven or hell.
We don’t need aliens to know this hard fact.

Matter of fact, those who believe that you go to Heaven only thru Jesus, don’t empirically know if they are going to Heaven or not. No one knows.

If I knew I was going to Heaven, everyday I would be praying for my death.
Those who believe so, should pray this and show us how strong is there faith and how strong is there belief in Jesus?

Old 04-25-2023, 05:53 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,793,445 times
Quote:
What plan do religions have if life on other planets is discovered? Do we throw the Bible out and start over? Is it fair to convert a “whole new world”? Thoughts?
Sheldon has the answer to that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8jG0GtN8wI&t=38s

Old 04-25-2023, 08:47 PM

996 posts, read 785,126 times
Quote:
https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...habited-worlds

Old 04-28-2023, 01:57 PM

19,990 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFRudsill View Post
So do you likewise think this also factors into the taxpayer funded multi-billion dollar quest to find life on other planets.
Do you think thought is given by highly intelligent minds directly involved that they are in the process of disproving the bible, the bible they themselves hate, all paid for by taxpayer expense?
Taxpayers, many of whom are bible believers .
That though they would never admit it that these great intelligent minds looking for life are actually on a quasi religious quest themselves to disprove religion ?
All that would be needed for this to also be true is for them to also be thinking just what you are thinking , right ?
I do not see how the discovery of alien life ... even intelligent / sentient alien life ... would in any way be incompatible with Christianity or the Bible? Last I looked, II Carbuncles 4:22 did not say, "there are no living things anywhere but on the earth". Help me out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality