Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2023, 04:34 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonof View Post
Your contempt of logic is shocking!
How could it be a false dichotomy???
It is either one god or many gods.
What is the third choice???
You are creating an empirical false dichotomy based on the BELIEFS of humans which have no bearing epistemologically. There is only one reality according to all the empirical evidence we have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2023, 04:36 PM

477 posts, read 124,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
actually no. that was my comment on your response to Tzaph.
Nothing in my exchange with Tzaph can lead you to my falling for "black and white, binary" thinking either.
It was strictly about concept of dichotomy. Concept, in which she is obviously a little bit out of her depth.

Quote:
Deepities. Hmm have to look that up. must be some profound atheist wisdom then.
Quote:
Deepity

an idea or statement that seems to be profound but actually isn’t; coined by the philosopher Daniel Dennett
A deepity isn’t just any old pseudo-profound bit of drivel. It’s a specific kind of statement that can be read in two different ways: one way that’s true but trivial, and another that’s much more intriguing but false.

Last edited by Sonof; 05-11-2023 at 05:01 PM..

Old 05-11-2023, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are creating an empirical false dichotomy based on the BELIEFS of humans which have no bearing epistemologically. There is only one reality according to all the empirical evidence we have.

Empirical false dichotomy - what is it? What is the difference between false dichotomy and

empirical false dichotomy?

What does it mean "not to have bearing epistemologically"?

In the statement "It is either one god or many gods" where do you find mentioning of multiple realities?

Without proper explanations what you posted looks like is meaningless, incoherent word salad.

Old 05-11-2023, 04:47 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Empirical false dichotomy - what is it? What is the difference between false dichotomy and

In the statement "It is either one god or many gods" where do you find mentioning of multiple realities?

Without proper explanations what you posted looks like is meaningless, incoherent word salad.
It all comes from the New Age BS Generator.

Old 05-11-2023, 04:58 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
but divinity is also more than and beyond and outside of space, time, form, and universes.
divinity is more than universes.
Is divinity immaterial then?

Old 05-11-2023, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It all comes from the New Age BS Generator.

Oh, that's good! I was laughing hard.
And then decided to generate a few.

Quote:
This life is nothing short of an awakening quantum shift of intergalactic intuition.
Quote:
Wanderer, look within and beckon yourself
Quote:
You may be ruled by ego without realizing it. Do not let it shatter the richness of your vision quest.
Quote:
We grow, we vibrate, we are reborn.
Rebirth is a constant. Consciousness consists of pulses of quantum energy. “Quantum” means a summoning of the mystical.
Priceless!

Old 05-11-2023, 05:05 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
why does it matter so much to an atheist?
If christians lived their lives without infringing on the rights of others, it probably wouldn't matter...except intellectually.

But when you have christians telling us that we are going to hell -- as one poster here did just today -- it matters a lot.

Old 05-11-2023, 05:43 PM

Quote:

It feels like I am in a discussion with a kindergartener. This thread is about OBJECTIVE reality and that is entirely established empirically, NOT by the BELIEFS of humans about reality. Of course, I forget, this forum and most of the people in it do not hold my view that reality itself and reality alone is the source of our existence and therefore our God. That makes your analysis of logic syllogisms based on false premises, IMO.

Old 05-11-2023, 05:54 PM

Quote:
It feels like I am in a discussion with a kindergartener. This thread is about OBJECTIVE reality and that is entirely established empirically, NOT by the BELIEFS of humans about reality. Of course, I forget, this forum and most of the people in it do not hold my view that reality itself and reality alone is the source of our existence and therefore our God. That makes your analysis of logic syllogisms based on false premises, IMO.
Yet again, you did not address a single question posted to you.
Maybe you just did not see them? May be bad lighting conditions, or maybe confusion of some sort.

That's OK. Not a big deal. I post them again. Please read it carefully so you can answer.

Old 05-11-2023, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Yet again, you did not address a single question posted to you.
Maybe you just did not see them? May be bad lighting conditions, or maybe confusion of some sort.
That's OK. Not a big deal. I post them again. Please read it carefully so you can answer.
::Sigh:: In an analysis of the logic in objective reality, using premises that are NOT based on objective reality.
Quote:
What does it mean "not to have bearing epistemological"?
::Sigh:: It means it is NOT based on empirical data. It is just opinions and beliefs.
Quote:
::Sigh:: If you had reading comprehension beyond that of a kindergartener, you would know from the bold in my post!!! One reality = one God, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality