Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 01:41 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

texdave...Theory says is wasn't a boom, as you put it, but an expansion. Today each galaxy is moving away at a speed coincidental to it's distance. In any case why would you think this is any more impossible then the creation hypothesis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 06:33 PM

532 posts, read 1,567,400 times
Charles Darwin says in the beginning of his book 'origin of species' (unelss im thinking of the wrong guy) that none of his ideas could work without the imput of a higher power. If you dig deep enough into origins, etc, you come to a point where there was either everything always(which had to come from somewhere, so this arguement is indefensible) or something had to create something. I can't see an arguement that wouldn't eventually lead to some creation having to take place. Those are some rough ideas that might help you out with your thoughts, I'm no theologist. Some say God is the hand that put the system into motion and the rules that govern it, others say he's the hand of consistant maintainance of the system, and theres middle ground as well. At a point, you get to the word faith, because the proof is theoretical and hypothesis/test/elimination based, where scientific process and faith meet at a question, for neither can be definitive on the subject of the undefinable. <- just a bit of brainstorming by a christian scientist in study hehe. please share your ideas!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
texdave...Theory says is wasn't a boom, as you put it, but an expansion. Today each galaxy is moving away at a speed coincidental to it's distance. In any case why would you think this is any more impossible then the creation hypothesis?
But he siad thyat it was IMPOSSIBLe that anything can come from nothing. So how can the expension come from nothing.I thni9k mtaht peole believe what they want;I choose to believe creation. You choose to believe in expension;which is your right. I was just pointing out his statement can work both ways.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:56 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But he siad thyat it was IMPOSSIBLe that anything can come from nothing. So how can the expension come from nothing.I thni9k mtaht peole believe what they want;I choose to believe creation. You choose to believe in expension;which is your right. I was just pointing out his statement can work both ways.
Who said it (whatever it is) was impossible? If you are talking about the beginning of the universe. Scientists do not think it came from nothing.

According to the standard theory, our universe sprang into existence as "singularity" around 13.7 billion years ago. What is a "singularity" and where does it come from? Well, to be honest, we don't know for sure. Singularities are zones which defy our current understanding of physics. They are thought to exist at the core of "black holes." Black holes are areas of intense gravitational pressure. The pressure is thought to be so intense that finite matter is actually squished into infinite density (a mathematical concept which truly boggles the mind). These zones of infinite density are called "singularities." Our universe is thought to have begun as an infinitesimally small, infinitely hot, infinitely dense, something - a singularity. Where did it come from? We don't know. Why did it appear? We don't know.
http://www.big-bang-theory.com/

Old 10-07-2008, 04:07 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acecombat View Post
Hear is a good question. We all know the major issues surronding the creation of the earth and all that talk. I mean, here is the question. If god created the earth, who created god? Modern science has proven that 2 people can create a child and that bacteria can cause infections and disease. This stuff is proven fact, while god is all myth and superstition. The whole god thing is a persons idea. As modern pshycology states, people create things to help them cope with the troubles of everyday life. This whole god and chirstianity thing as gone waay to far. It has created a whole mess of stuff that has basically brainwashed into believing that there is one. It has also affected our function in everyday society and our morals as well. im sure your asking me about modern science. That does also bring up a good question. We have NO CLUE about how we came to be. i sometimes get the feeling that this whole world isnt real, reality and all. There is too much evil going on in the world. I wish someone could help us.
If God is just a myth made up by man, can you explain why all the end time Bible prophecies are true? If man wrote the Bible, then the prophecies should have failed, and should be obviously wrong. Yet, this is not the case.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:31 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,438,779 times
No one created God. God is outside of time and created time during creation week. Time is the rythum of the universe. That is the revolutions of the earth in relation to everything else. The reveloution of the earth around the sun and so on. We are aware of time because of our needs. If we had no need of food, sleep, or the fact that we will eventually die, then, we would not necessarily be aware of time. That is the effect of the fall. Before the fall, man and woman had all they needed; food, companionship. After the fall man and woman were thrown out of the garden and then had to till the land and became aware of the seasons of growing, planting, havesting.

God one day will restore our position. It is written that they that overcome will he make pillars in the temple of God. That is,we will stand continually before God. We will not get tired and not need to eat. Will we be able to? Yes, but we will not require it. Death has lost its sting and soon we will be freed from its hold forever by the power of God through Jesus Christ.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:53 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If God is just a myth made up by man, can you explain why all the end time Bible prophecies are true? If man wrote the Bible, then the prophecies should have failed, and should be obviously wrong. Yet, this is not the case.
And just exactly how are these true? Have they already occured? If so, then we must already be in a afterlife. If not, then your statement is false. If man did not write the bible, why are so many things in it contested as being false. If you god wrote it, it would be undeniable to all.

One problem, at least for me, is that these prophecies are only declare true and fulfilled after they are deemed to have occured. Much easier to make the facts fit that way, I suppose.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:55 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
No one created God. God is outside of time and created time during creation week. Time is the rythum of the universe. That is the revolutions of the earth in relation to everything else. The reveloution of the earth around the sun and so on. We are aware of time because of our needs. If we had no need of food, sleep, or the fact that we will eventually die, then, we would not necessarily be aware of time. That is the effect of the fall. Before the fall, man and woman had all they needed; food, companionship. After the fall man and woman were thrown out of the garden and then had to till the land and became aware of the seasons of growing, planting, havesting.

God one day will restore our position. It is written that they that overcome will he make pillars in the temple of God. That is,we will stand continually before God. We will not get tired and not need to eat. Will we be able to? Yes, but we will not require it. Death has lost its sting and soon we will be freed from its hold forever by the power of God through Jesus Christ.
Are Aesops' fables then true, too? After all, they have as much validity.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I want to know which prophecies came true.
Thanks!

Old 10-07-2008, 07:21 PM

84 posts, read 272,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acecombat View Post
Hear is a good question. We all know the major issues surronding the creation of the earth and all that talk. I mean, here is the question. If god created the earth, who created god? Modern science has proven that 2 people can create a child and that bacteria can cause infections and disease. This stuff is proven fact, while god is all myth and superstition. The whole god thing is a persons idea. As modern pshycology states, people create things to help them cope with the troubles of everyday life. This whole god and chirstianity thing as gone waay to far. It has created a whole mess of stuff that has basically brainwashed into believing that there is one. It has also affected our function in everyday society and our morals as well. im sure your asking me about modern science. That does also bring up a good question. We have NO CLUE about how we came to be. i sometimes get the feeling that this whole world isnt real, reality and all. There is too much evil going on in the world. I wish someone could help us.
There you go..."isn't real"...you're on the right path We think wayyy tooo muchhh and understand 0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality