Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2023, 10:46 AM

28,115 posts, read 30,032,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Yes, thank you for posting that. It looks as if this guy didn't follow the protocol.
Unfortunately, that's how it looks. He's guilty of a very grave mistake. I can't imagine why ANYONE would handle the situation the way he did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2023, 12:31 PM

26,009 posts, read 22,203,791 times
I don't care about the law, or the religion, that this was known and let continue is unspeakable, and definitely un-Godly. I don't see how anyone could defend the behavior. Say a prayer doesn't "fix" pedophiles whether incest is involved or not.

Old 11-22-2023, 12:35 PM

50,966 posts, read 24,467,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't care about the law, or the religion, that this was known and let continue is unspeakable, and definitely un-Godly. I don't see how anyone could defend the behavior. Say a prayer doesn't "fix" pedophiles whether incest is involved or not.
A key point to the whole situation.

Old 11-29-2023, 11:15 AM

35,258 posts, read 17,141,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
What "benefit" came to the victims from this person's confession? He continued to do it for years. It's absolutely disgusting that the bishop/priest/whatever did nothing to help those poor kids. The only thing possibly "gained" was for the criminal to get it off his chest and feel like he was forgiven as he continued to do unimaginable harm to the victims.
Unfortunately I believe that there may be, in many states, a "priest-penitent" or "clergy" privilege.

Old 11-29-2023, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Unfortunately I believe that there may be, in many states, a "priest-penitent" or "clergy" privilege.
It's very much like the old principle of 'the king can do no wrong'.

Old 11-29-2023, 05:48 PM

35,258 posts, read 17,141,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Quote:
Very different doctrines, "privilege" and "sovereign immunity." Privileges, such as attorney-client, spousal, doctor-patient and clergy are designed to ensure that people can have frank discussions and receive frank advice. "Sovereign immunity" was originally to protect a real person from being sued. As many monarchies morphed into constitutional monarchies or "democratic" republics, the sovereign immunity doctrine recognizes that when one sues the "government" they are really suing everyone.

Old 11-29-2023, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Very different doctrines, "privilege" and "sovereign immunity." Privileges, such as attorney-client, spousal, doctor-patient and clergy are designed to ensure that people can have frank discussions and receive frank advice. "Sovereign immunity" was originally to protect a real person from being sued. As many monarchies morphed into constitutional monarchies or "democratic" republics, the sovereign immunity doctrine recognizes that when one sues the "government" they are really suing everyone.

Old 12-01-2023, 10:51 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,100,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Ha!
“un-Godly” you said?

Look at thread title “religious abuse”.
As if religion and God tells these Atheists pedophiles to cover themselves up under the guise of a Bishop or a priests or a Mullah or a Rabbi or a guru to prey on kids.

Old 12-01-2023, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You think it was a valid standard?
1500 years from now and people of that future era will look back at us and raise questions on some of the things that we do in this day and age as “normal” - and they will not approve it when they judge it with the standard of that era.
Would that be the “valid standard”?

Old 12-01-2023, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No, if you want to claim the classical sources for your religion are false, you provide evidence. I already know those classical sources exist. Come on, show us the evidence that the wedding to Aisha was not consummated when she was 9.

First you claim I have no evidence that the wedding to Aisha was consummated when she was 9, then you say it did happen, but the standards were different then. So much for objective morality.
What “valid sources” you are talking about?
Let’s hear it.
Make sure to provide the valid date of birth of Ayesha from those sources to prove your point. We will start with verifying it first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality