Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-04-2023, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Elsewhere
88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Reputation: 115010

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Do you know anything about Judaism at all? Do you have any idea why Jews are hated by literally everyone(except evangelicals)? Do you think it's because Jews are moral leaders who treat non-Jews well? Rofl.

You know, the Jews that spit on Christians and lived off usury for 2,000 years.

Just wondering, how much of the Talmud have you read?
Jews are not hated by literally everyone except evangelicals. What kind of a bizarre alt universe did you wake up in?

And be careful. Personal attacks are not allowed here, even the thinly-veiled sort you are making to this Jewish poster right here.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: //www.city-data.com/terms.html

 
Old 12-04-2023, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Virginia
10,091 posts, read 6,422,760 times
Reputation: 27654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Do you know anything about Judaism at all? Do you have any idea why Jews are hated by literally everyone(except evangelicals)? Do you think it's because Jews are moral leaders who treat non-Jews well? Rofl.

You know, the Jews that spit on Christians and lived off usury for 2,000 years.

Just wondering, how much of the Talmud have you read?
I do know your hatred of Judaism radiates from every post you've made in this thread, since you've been very open and upfront about your opinions. Yes, I know something about Judaism, as I am Jewish. BTW, I chose to be Jewish; I wasn't born into the faith, so I'm extra proud of Judaism. BTW, I've never spit on any Christians, nor do I know any other Jews who have done so. But I DO know Christians who have called Jews "****"s (slur word for Jew) and still considered themselves to be "good" Christians, I'm sure.
 
Old 12-04-2023, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Virginia
10,091 posts, read 6,422,760 times
Reputation: 27654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I hear you. Sometimes you can tell people things over and over and when you are finished, they still look at you and repeat the same wrongful belief they were carrying in the first place.

While I was not raised to be anti-semitic, because I was brought up in a Christian home I had a lot of wrong information about the Jewish religion.

About 20 years ago, I found myself in a discussion with two Jewish women, one Conservative, one Orthodox, on a message board similar to this on AOL. I learned a lot from them, and I am grateful that they bothered to provide me with information and knowledge.

Seven years ago I took a job in Boro Park, Brooklyn, in a company owned by Satmar Chasidic Jews. Again, the women I worked with were friendly and taught me about their rules for dress and holiday foods, etc.

Now I work for a Muslim-owned firm.

For 20 years, I worked at the World Trade Center with people of every nationality and religion you can think of, and we all ran for our lives together that day. And came back to rebuild together, too. So, that's my theme song. We CAN get along. I've seen it in action.

Those of us who are WTC survivors are probably less inclined to hate Muslims, since we saw our Muslim coworkers experience what we did and then get a knock on the door from the FBI on the days following because they were engineers who worked at the World Trade Center

I am not naive. There are those who will always strive to live the Us vs. THEM life. Some of those people are related to me. But I will just keep plugging along, because one at a time, people can learn.
I would modify your last sentence as "some people can learn; while some other people are simply lost to reason and understanding, unfortunately. I think that's been illustrated with the beliefs expressed by some of the posters in this thread, TBH.
 
Old 12-04-2023, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma
14,848 posts, read 8,204,876 times
Reputation: 4590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I do know your hatred of Judaism radiates from every post you've made in this thread, since you've been very open and upfront about your opinions. Yes, I know something about Judaism, as I am Jewish. BTW, I chose to be Jewish; I wasn't born into the faith, so I'm extra proud of Judaism. BTW, I've never spit on any Christians, nor do I know any other Jews who have done so. But I DO know Christians who have called Jews "****"s (slur word for Jew) and still considered themselves to be "good" Christians, I'm sure.
Would you do me a favor? Would you explain the reason some Christians dislike Jews? Then you can tell me why "some" Jews spit on Christians? Basically, can you contrast their motives/beliefs.
 
Old 12-04-2023, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Elsewhere
88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Reputation: 115010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Would you do me a favor? Would you explain the reason some Christians dislike Jews? Then you can tell me why "some" Jews spit on Christians? Basically, can you contrast their motives/beliefs.
Wouldn't it be better to ask that of a Christian?

By the way, I was a Christian most of my life, worked with Jews for almost 40 years, and never had a Jew spit on me or saw a Jew spit on anyone else. That is one of the weirdest things that's ever been posted here.

I eat dinner with a Jewish neighbor at her home once a week. Wonder if she's spitting at me when I am not looking.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: //www.city-data.com/terms.html
 
Old 12-04-2023, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma
14,848 posts, read 8,204,876 times
Reputation: 4590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Jews are not hated by literally everyone except evangelicals.
If I were to go to any country on Earth and ask them to describe Jews, might there be a common theme?

I agree that "hate" was too strong a word, but I have quotes from just about every great man from the Roman Empire through Harry S. Truman, and not a one of them had anything nice to say about Jews. The closest is probably Nietzsche, and that's only because he believed the Jews basically embodied the "will to power" he was trying to promote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nietzschean_Zionism
 
Old 12-04-2023, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Elsewhere
88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Reputation: 115010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
If I were to go to any country on Earth and ask them to describe Jews, might there be a common theme?

I agree that "hate" was too strong a word, but I have quotes from just about every great man from the Roman Empire through Harry S. Truman, and not a one of them had anything nice to say about Jews. The closest is probably Nietzsche, and that's only because he believed the Jews basically embodied the "will to power" he was trying to promote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nietzschean_Zionism
And you think this is the JEWS' fault?

I am starting to feel like I'm reading a script from a revival of All In The Family.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: //www.city-data.com/terms.html
 
Old 12-04-2023, 01:50 PM
 
3,257 posts, read 1,411,398 times
Reputation: 3691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
If I were to go to any country on Earth and ask them to describe Jews, might there be a common theme?

I agree that "hate" was too strong a word, but I have quotes from just about every great man from the Roman Empire through Harry S. Truman, and not a one of them had anything nice to say about Jews. The closest is probably Nietzsche, and that's only because he believed the Jews basically embodied the "will to power" he was trying to promote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nietzschean_Zionism
This is one seriously messed up post. I’m not 100% sure what you are trying to do here, but I have a pretty good idea. It’s not cool.
 
Old 12-04-2023, 01:58 PM
 
3,257 posts, read 1,411,398 times
Reputation: 3691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Would you do me a favor? Would you explain the reason some Christians dislike Jews? Then you can tell me why "some" Jews spit on Christians? Basically, can you contrast their motives/beliefs.
Interesting question. I’m sure someone better versed in history, psychology, theology, political science could answer this more thoroughly than I could. But, I have a question for you. Can you explain why I dislike you?
 
Old 12-04-2023, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Virginia
10,091 posts, read 6,422,760 times
Reputation: 27654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And you think this is the JEWS' fault?

I am starting to feel like I'm reading a script from a revival of All In The Family.
Actually, I think it's more like a script written by Stormfront.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:04 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top