Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-16-2023, 02:30 PM
 
2,418 posts, read 1,449,591 times
Reputation: 480

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
So he could have been any of the trillions and trillions of possible things, but he just happened to remain a god, which is trillions and trillions:1 improbable OR the law of identity was always true, and therefore your god can not have created it (and therefore did not create everything)?



I will try and go back and read the answers, but I have a lot of work to do preparing for Christmas, it may be the last big family event we ever have before my oldest daughter goes to University, so I want to make it special.

So in this thread I can get into the specifics. When it comes to Yahweh, yes, He is literally the first and the last, He's the alpha and omega, the aleph and tav. He is, He was, and He is to come. All that says is, there is literally nothing outside of God. That includes even abstract concepts like morality, love, etc. He created all that, and is all that. So identity being always true, He is identity. Even looking at us, His creation, we get our essence from Him. Our spirit comes from Him, and our identity. He is the identity maker.


May your family have a wonderful time together, and I wish your daughter much success in her studies!


Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
A minute ago, you said Jesus is God because he is the son of God.
Now you are saying, Jesus is human?

Which one is it?
Is Jesus God, son of God, human? A hybrid of part God and part human who keep switching to support your personal satisfaction in order to justify the answers you are trying to give based on your opinion? Is he all of the above? None of the above ?

Just to kind of continue up on this, Jesus certainly laid down His glory to become a man. In terms of that (ability), He ceased being God when He became a man. However, identity wise, He was still Himself. He was still the second Person of the Trinity. God in the flesh.



Lastly to touch up on prior comments about where did the floodwaters go (the deluge for Mircea ), here is a video speaking on the Hydroplate Hypothesis. There's a lot of info packed in and lasts over 2 Hrs. I'm still looking into myself.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hhE6tzJR_c

 
Old 12-16-2023, 02:38 PM
 
2,776 posts, read 2,670,880 times
Reputation: 262


Don't cheat yourself



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCoi--ib4-E

Do not lie to yourself


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uF4hoU9HRs
 
Old 12-16-2023, 03:31 PM
 
2,776 posts, read 2,670,880 times
Reputation: 262
What are the main things he wants us to do and the main things we must avoid?
 
Old 12-16-2023, 03:39 PM
 
2,418 posts, read 1,449,591 times
Reputation: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
What are the main things he wants us to do and the main things we must avoid?
He ultimately wants us to be reconciled to Himself.
 
Old 12-16-2023, 06:48 PM
 
63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Reputation: 7876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
He ultimately wants us to be reconciled to Himself.
Since I am convinced that God always loves us, I believe the majority of you misunderstand the direction of the reconciliation that was needed. Who do YOU think needed to be reconciled to whom? What exactly do you think reconciliation meant and how was it to be accomplished? Please address both questions in your reply in your own words. I know the standard dogma and it is wrong, IMO.
 
Old 12-16-2023, 07:37 PM
 
6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Reputation: 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
In essence Jesus is still God, even when He became man.
No offense but only someone with an abnormal mental condition (perhaps in a positive way) can understand this.

Man defecates, eats, urinates, masturbates, farts etc ... was God doing all that when he was Jesus?


Quote:
He just laid down His glory, and put on flesh. How did He do that? Remember what Gabriel told Mary. He said the Holy Spirit would overshadow her and she would conceived. So the Holy Spirit, who is God, caused Jesus to become flesh. The same Spirit raised Jesus from the dead.
If God laid down his glory then there was actually no God run the matters of Universe. And there is still no God because God laid down his glory and became a man ... Jesus came to the world in a Godless world - and got killed.

So technically, there is no God at this time.


Quote:
So again not to confuse, Jesus is still God (Person), but was made flesh by the power of the Holy Spirit. By the same power, Jesus can take up His attributes again. In fact while He was on the earth, all the miracles He did, He did by the power of the Holy Spirit. For us Christians He's our example of how we should operate. Right now He is in heaven in glory, but perhaps He still withholds that information about His return from Himself. Yet again let me say this may be one reason why Jesus doesn't know.

God laid down his Glory and became Jesus ... so that this point, there is actually No God.
Jesus then died. How did a dead man take back God's glory?


Quote:
So do you understand what I'm saying? Jesus when made flesh, is still Jesus. His personhood and personality was still His. He was just a man now. No, He didn't have His attributes, but He was still Himself in essence. Say if God transformed me into a frog. I would still be "me", just I would be a frog now. That's what I'm saying.
Do I understand these flawed mental gymnastics? Do you?
 
Old 12-16-2023, 08:42 PM
 
63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Reputation: 7876
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God's Holy Spirit of agape love did not change. We are the ones who change and evolve our understanding of God (or we are supposed to). Unfortunately, the religious leaders who dominated our history chose to retain our primitive ancestors' barbaric misunderstanding of God and rejected as heresy any attempts to change our understanding!! The misguided idea was to perpetuate the primitive understanding of God as a sign of faith in the inerrant and infallible Word of God. The problem is they misidentified the Word of God as the "words" in scripture instead of the essence of God's Holy Spirit in the persona and character of Jesus as revealed in scripture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
From post #3Ah, so you didn't give YOUR opinion...but rather repeated back something you read. OK.
That actually is what most people do. That's fine.
Hi there, Mystic.
Hi! Nice to be noticed!
 
Old 12-17-2023, 08:55 AM
 
2,418 posts, read 1,449,591 times
Reputation: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Since I am convinced that God always loves us, I believe the majority of you misunderstand the direction of the reconciliation that was needed. Who do YOU think needed to be reconciled to whom? What exactly do you think reconciliation meant and how was it to be accomplished? Please address both questions in your reply in your own words. I know the standard dogma and it is wrong, IMO.

In my own words you say? Well, we believe God didn't create evil. He is love, so the things He made was made out of love. If there is a disconnect with Him, then something must have happened. This disconnect is so grand, many don't know if He exists at all. And as we believe God never changes, we can then conclude something happened on our end. In order for things to go back to how they were, we are the ones that have to be reconciled back to God.


Now I believe you told me we couldn't do anything to God, in terms of committing crime against Him. I believe along with God's nature of love, He is also righteous. Anything that is sin (meaning anything off the mark), is an offense to Him. As His name states, He Is Who He Is, Yahweh Aser Yahweh. So He is love, and anything counter to that is a crime against Him. He is good, and anything less than that is a crime against Him. Those crimes must be judged, or it will go against His righteous nature. So in order to be reconciled back to Him, He essentially have to recreate us. Of course you know the rest of my beliefs in how He did it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
No offense but only someone with an abnormal mental condition (perhaps in a positive way) can understand this.

Man defecates, eats, urinates, masturbates, farts etc ... was God doing all that when he was Jesus?




If God laid down his glory then there was actually no God run the matters of Universe. And there is still no God because God laid down his glory and became a man ... Jesus came to the world in a Godless world - and got killed.

So technically, there is no God at this time.





God laid down his Glory and became Jesus ... so that this point, there is actually No God.
Jesus then died. How did a dead man take back God's glory?




Do I understand these flawed mental gymnastics? Do you?

Jesus was like us in that He became a man. However, He also was not like us. He didn't inherit the sin nature we have. All of us have a human father and mother, and we inherit the fallen nature through Adam. Jesus didn't have a human father. So in essence, He was like something of a cousin to the human race. Did He defecate, eat, urinate, masturbate, and fart? He certainly ate food and drank refreshments. However, did He defecate and urinate?


I honestly can't say, but perhaps not. You see our bodies processes the foods we eat for energy, but its not able to convert everything into a use. Therefore what is leftover is the waste. Yet what if the body was able to use every bit of the food we consume and convert it into energy? Would there be waste? In the beginning, perahps Adam and Eve's bodies were able to do just that. Thus Jesus body, similar to Adam in the regard to being without the sinful nature, might have been able to convert the food He ate into a use. Again, I don't know. This reminds me of something I read in Scripture one day. In Deuteronomy 23: 12-14 it states......


You must have a place outside the camp to go and relieve yourself. And you must have a digging tool in your equipment so that when you relieve yourself you can dig a hole and cover up your excrement. For Yahweh your God walks throughout your camp to protect you and deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be holy, lest He see anything unclean among you and turn away from you.


So again, I don't know if Jesus ever went to the bathroom of His day. Perhaps farting and burping falls into the same category. As for masturbation, no. He didn't lust, and He never married. Jesus spent His time and mind devoted to the things of His Father.
 
Old 12-17-2023, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Seattle, WA
9,829 posts, read 7,265,185 times
Reputation: 7790
If Jesus existed, he was a human (complete with all human biological functions...), and had a human father. Parthenogenesis doesn't happen in humans. His father was probably Mary's husband, Joseph of Nazareth, but who knows. Mary would have been stoned to death for having sex out of wedlock, so of course she's going to make up a story rather than admit to that.

If He never masturbated or had sex in 33 years... then he was about to die of prostate cancer if the crucifixion didn't get him.
 
Old 12-17-2023, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Germany
16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Reputation: 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
So in this thread I can get into the specifics. When it comes to Yahweh, yes, He is literally the first and the last, He's the alpha and omega, the aleph and tav. He is, He was, and He is to come. All that says is, there is literally nothing outside of God. That includes even abstract concepts like morality, love, etc. He created all that, and is all that.
Which, he created or is? Created infers non-existence at the start, but if the law of identity always existed, it was not created, and therefore your god can not have created everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
May your family have a wonderful time together, and I wish your daughter much success in her studies!
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top