Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2023, 01:25 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,912,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Was this checked signed by Yaweh and drawn on the First Celestial Bank of Heaven?

Good 'un.

Actually the Christians claim that all blessings come from God. "He makes the sun to shine on the just and the unjust" and all that. So from their point of view this was God's blessing from Yahweh straight to me. But you and I both know that Yahweh is non-existent.

Old 12-21-2023, 01:30 PM

11,085 posts, read 7,146,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
blather
LOL It's like trying to talk to the wind.

I'm not sure why TT is even trying to intrude on heavenese's thread. Sort of like trying to have a conversation with someone, and someone else is yelling from the sidelines.

Old 12-21-2023, 02:45 PM

2,767 posts, read 2,667,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
He ultimately wants us to be reconciled to Himself.
On the Day of Resurrection, what will happen to those who do not believe in God and the Day of Resurrection?

Old 12-21-2023, 02:52 PM

17,789 posts, read 13,677,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
So I just got back from a deluxe 2-week Hawaiian cruise paid for by a generous interest check that came to me from Yahweh.

So it seems the good-for-nothing Yahweh is actually good for something on rare occasions.

So why does Yahweh choose to give me a blessing when I curse him daily while he ignores devoted Christians who pray to him daily for help? Doesn't make a bit of sense to me.
Sorry, couldn't have been Yahweh...

According to his book he isn't a big fan of financial interest. Unless it is a foreigner. You can gouge the foreigner.

So I imagine being the heathen that your are that it was Satan who drew that money for you.

Old 12-22-2023, 07:30 AM

2,412 posts, read 1,446,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
On the Day of Resurrection, what will happen to those who do not believe in God and the Day of Resurrection?

They will be judged according to their works. Now if one could earn a fantastical afterlife, what would be the requirement? It would have to go above and beyond right, it would have to be something extra-ordinary? Most of us don't live those kinds of lives. Most of us are followers going along with the crowd. Very few actually make unique stands for justice, and even give their lives. Even fewer have mercy for their enemies and care for strangers. And all of us have hurt someone, taken advantage of someone, and condemned someone for the same things we do. Crimes are not something that can be overlooked, and the good we do, for most, it deals with doing good for family members or having a self beneficial purpose.

Last edited by Heavenese; 12-22-2023 at 07:41 AM..

Old 12-22-2023, 08:37 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,710,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Can God microwave a bean burrito so hot, that even He cannot eat it?
I thought to consider a new thread this morning and picked out this one. I started reading from the beginning and just got to your comment that got me to chuckling out loud. That doesn't happen at all often. Though I am often amused by some of the comments I read in this forum, I rarely actually laugh out loud.

Thanks!

Old 12-22-2023, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
If I had questions about God, I'd go to him directly. Not ask some random anonymous online person, priest, joker, fool, etc.
I've had many questions about God, but I haven't found that going to Him directly has been any help. Or possible. Or I don't know what, but maybe I can get the answers from some random anonymous online person, priest, joker or fool instead!

What question of the many to ask however?

Old 12-22-2023, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
I forgot to answer this.

Concerning the creatures and even the world itself pre-flood, I can't say. Though I imagine the creatures back then (land creatures and flying creatures), looked different from the creatures on the earth right now. In that all the creatures on earth now, evolved from the creatures that were on the ark. So the ancestors of the penguins may not have wobbled all the way from Antarctica. In fact, I imagine in Noah's day, there was only one landmass.
Was Tyrannosaurus on the ark? Or two of them? And can you be serious? I mean seriously...

Old 12-22-2023, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Same here. I've already spotted a number of erroneous assumptions on his part.
Another rather amusing post. Seriously?

Amusing to see so many people apparently taking this thread seriously!

Or maybe I'm being a little too quick to judge. Maybe there is a chance I can learn something here! I mean it seems there are a good many more than just one person who claims they know something about God! Maybe all this data in one place can help me after all!

Old 12-22-2023, 08:52 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Was Tyrannosaurus on the ark? Or two of them? And can you be serious? I mean seriously...
In fact...all of the dinosaurs...poor old Brontosaurus!

Heck, god couldn't even find a unicorn according to the Irish Rovers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality