Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-22-2023, 09:06 AM
 
29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Reputation: 3473

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
In fact...all of the dinosaurs...poor old Brontosaurus!

Heck, god couldn't even find a unicorn according to the Irish Rovers!
No doubt everyone saw the news about the creature recently discovered on the Isle of Wight...

When I first saw the pictures (of Vectipelta barretti) I wondered why God would create such a creature. A friend of mine asked why God would create a creature like humans. Then it hit me, God created humans because he figured a creature like Vectipelta barrette and the other dinosaurs would be getting hungry! Was that maybe the problem that caused God to wipe out the dinosaurs and start over? Something like we did with our etch a sketch back when we were kids?

How many questions do we get?

 
Old 12-22-2023, 01:44 PM
 
2,781 posts, read 2,673,933 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Was Tyrannosaurus on the ark? Or two of them? And can you be serious? I mean seriously...
if yes then they would be two male and female

the ship of the messenger Noah and its load was the design of Allah and under his orders
it was a miracle
It is not correct to measure it with the abstract mind governed by established laws and traditions.


And certainly We sent Nuh to his people: Surely I am a plain warner for you:
That you shall not serve any but Allah, surely I fear for you the punishment of a painful day.
But the chiefs of those who disbelieved from among his people said: We do not consider you but a mortal like ourselves, and we do not see any have followed you but those who are the meanest of us at first thought and we do not see in you any excellence over us; nay, we deem you liars.
He said: O my people! tell me if I have with me clear proof from my Lord, and He has granted me mercy from Himself and it has been made obscure to you; shall we constrain you to (accept) it while you are averse from it?
And, O my people! I ask you not for wealth in return for it; my reward is only with Allah and I am not going to drive away those who believe; surely they shall meet their Lord, but I consider you a people who are ignorant:
And, O my people! who will help me against Allah if I drive them away? Will you not then mind?
And I do not say to you that I have the treasures of Allah and I do not know the unseen, nor do I say that I am an angel, nor do I say about those whom your eyes hold in mean estimation (that) Allah will never grant them (any) good-- Allah knows best what is in their souls-- for then most surely I should be of the unjust.
They said: O Nuh! indeed you have disputed with us and lengthened dispute with us, therefore bring to us what you threaten us with, if you are of the truthful ones.
He said: Allah only will bring it to you if He please, and you will not escape:
And if I intend to give you good advice, my advice will not profit you if Allah intended that He should leave you to go astray; He is your Lord, and to Him shall you be returned.
Or do they say: He has forged it? Say: If I have forged it, on me is my guilt, and I am clear of that of which you are guilty.
And it was revealed to Nuh: That none of your people will believe except those who have already believed, therefore do not grieve at what they do:
And make the ark before Our eyes and (according to) Our revelation, and do not speak to Me in respect of those who are unjust; surely they shall be drowned.
And he began to make the ark; and whenever the chiefs from among his people passed by him they laughed at him. He said: If you laugh at us, surely we too laugh at you as you laugh (at us).
So shall you know who it is on whom will come a chastisement which will disgrace him, and on whom will lasting chastisement come down.
Until when Our command came and water came forth from the valley,
We said: Carry in it two of all things, a pair, and your own family-- except those against whom the word has already gone forth, and those who believe. And there believed not with him but a few.
And he said: Embark in it, in the name of Allah be its sailing and its anchoring; most surely my Lord is Forgiving, Merciful.
And it moved on with them amid waves like mountains; and Nuh called out to his son, and he was aloof: O my son! embark with us and be not with the unbelievers.
He said: I will betake myself for refuge to a mountain that shall protect me from the water. Nuh said: There is no protector today from Allah's punishment but He Who has mercy; and a wave intervened between them, so he was of the drowned.
And it was said: O earth, swallow down your water, and O cloud, clear away; and the water was made to abate and the affair was decided, and the ark rested on the Judi, and it was said: Away with the unjust people.
And Nuh cried out to his Lord and said: My Lord! surely my son is of my family, and Thy promise is surely true, and Thou art the most just of the judges.
He said: O Nuh! surely he is not of your family; surely he is (the doer of) other than good deeds, therefore ask not of Me that of which you have no knowledge; surely I admonish you lest you may be of the ignorant
He said: My Lord! I seek refuge in Thee from asking Thee that of which I have no knowledge; and if Thou shouldst not forgive me and have mercy on me, I should be of the losers.
It was said: O Nuh! descend with peace from Us and blessings on you and on the people from among those who are with you, and there shall be nations whom We will afford provisions, then a painful punishment from Us shall afflict them.
These are announcements relating to the unseen which We reveal to you, you did not know them-- (neither) you nor your people-- before this; therefore be patient; surely the end is for those who guard (against evil).

Last edited by truth_teller; 12-22-2023 at 01:52 PM..
 
Old 12-22-2023, 02:08 PM
 
2,781 posts, read 2,673,933 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
They will be judged according to their works. Now if one could earn a fantastical afterlife, what would be the requirement? It would have to go above and beyond right, it would have to be something extra-ordinary? Most of us don't live those kinds of lives. Most of us are followers going along with the crowd. Very few actually make unique stands for justice, and even give their lives. Even fewer have mercy for their enemies and care for strangers. And all of us have hurt someone, taken advantage of someone, and condemned someone for the same things we do. Crimes are not something that can be overlooked, and the good we do, for most, it deals with doing good for family members or having a self beneficial purpose.

Allah hath promised those who believe and do good works
Theirs will be forgiveness and immense reward.
And they who disbelieve and deny Our revelations,
such are rightful owners of hell.
 
Old 12-22-2023, 05:12 PM
 
2,434 posts, read 1,451,233 times
Reputation: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Was Tyrannosaurus on the ark? Or two of them? And can you be serious? I mean seriously...

According to my knowledge of Scripture, I couldn't say. Yet, there were more "clean" animals on the ark than there were "unclean". The T-Rex may have been considered an unclean animal, and thus was less likely to survive extinction post flood. Of course all the animals that were on the ark, it was God who brought them.

And of course I'm aware of what science tells us concerning dinosaurs. How they went extinct 65 million years ago and humans only been around for maybe a couple hundred thousand years.
 
Old 12-22-2023, 05:25 PM
 
Location: West Virginia
16,678 posts, read 15,684,725 times
Reputation: 10930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
According to my knowledge of Scripture, I couldn't say. Yet, there were more "clean" animals on the ark than there were "unclean". The T-Rex may have been considered an unclean animal, and thus was less likely to survive extinction post flood. Of course all the animals that were on the ark, it was God who brought them.

And of course I'm aware of what science tells us concerning dinosaurs. How they went extinct 65 million years ago and humans only been around for maybe a couple hundred thousand years.
If you are aware of the facts that dinosaurs went extinct millions of years before humans developed on the earth, why would you say there were Tyrannosaurus rex(es) walking around at the same time as humans?
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: https://www.city-data.com/terms.html
 
Old 12-22-2023, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
50,856 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Reputation: 32978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
According to my knowledge of Scripture, I couldn't say. Yet, there were more "clean" animals on the ark than there were "unclean". The T-Rex may have been considered an unclean animal, and thus was less likely to survive extinction post flood. Of course all the animals that were on the ark, it was God who brought them.

And of course I'm aware of what science tells us concerning dinosaurs. How they went extinct 65 million years ago and humans only been around for maybe a couple hundred thousand years.
So god created unclean animals and then tossed them to death. Remarkable.
 
Old 12-22-2023, 05:33 PM
 
2,434 posts, read 1,451,233 times
Reputation: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
If you are aware of the facts that dinosaurs went extinct millions of years before humans developed on the earth, why would you say there were Tyrannosaurus rex(es) walking around at the same time as humans?
I'm aware of what science says. I also believe our observation is limited.
 
Old 12-22-2023, 06:01 PM
 
Location: West Virginia
16,678 posts, read 15,684,725 times
Reputation: 10930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
According to my knowledge of Scripture, I couldn't say. Yet, there were more "clean" animals on the ark than there were "unclean". The T-Rex may have been considered an unclean animal, and thus was less likely to survive extinction post flood. Of course all the animals that were on the ark, it was God who brought them.

And of course I'm aware of what science tells us concerning dinosaurs. How they went extinct 65 million years ago and humans only been around for maybe a couple hundred thousand years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
If you are aware of the facts that dinosaurs went extinct millions of years before humans developed on the earth, why would you say there were Tyrannosaurus rex(es) walking around at the same time as humans?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
I'm aware of what science says. I also believe our observation is limited.
Couldn't you just answer the question? It wasn't complicated.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: https://www.city-data.com/terms.html
 
Old 12-22-2023, 06:06 PM
 
2,434 posts, read 1,451,233 times
Reputation: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Couldn't you just answer the question? It wasn't complicated.
I'm sorry. I'm saying science is off due to it's limitations. I've read your first response and you said, "I'm aware of the facts". I'm aware of what science says. They may not be facts as in "the truth" of our history.
 
Old 12-22-2023, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
50,856 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Reputation: 32978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
I'm aware of what science says. I also believe our observation is limited.
As a former science teacher...I have seen nothing in your posts that indicate any real understanding of science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top