Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2023, 06:31 PM

16,708 posts, read 15,705,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
I'm sorry. I'm saying science is off due to it's limitations. I've read your first response and you said, "I'm aware of the facts". I'm aware of what science says. They may not be facts as in "the truth" of our history.
Being a "little off" is a long way from saying dinosaurs walked the earth with humans. 65 million years is not "a little off."

Old 12-22-2023, 06:48 PM

2,453 posts, read 1,457,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Being a "little off" is a long way from saying dinosaurs walked the earth with humans. 65 million years is not "a little off."
Well, if you're asking me, I believe science is off concerning the whole of history. Not in range of time specifically, but of it's rendering of history itself. I believe there is a better explanation, in that God created this place, and the universe itself. Science assumes a lot from our observation of the world today. Interestingly enough, for complex multicellular life, science tells us that has been around for the last hundreds of millions of years. Compared to the 4+ billion history of Earth's existence, we might as well say we lived right next to the dinosaurs.

Old 12-22-2023, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Well, if you're asking me, I believe science is off concerning the whole of history. Not in range of time specifically, but of it's rendering of history itself. I believe there is a better explanation, in that God created this place, and the universe itself. Science assumes a lot from our observation of the world today. Interestingly enough, for complex multicellular life, science tells us that has been around for the last hundreds of millions of years. Compared to the 4+ billion history of Earth's existence, we might as well say we lived right next to the dinosaurs.
I guess you're showing us how much you know about science.

Is astronomy and astrophysics wrong about the age of the universe? Why do you think so? Be specific.

Is geology, archeology or anthropology wrong about the age of the earth? Which science got it wrong? Why do you think that? How far off are their estimates, and why do you think they got it wrong?

There is such a wide range of disciplines involved that are in general agreement that I'd really like to know how you can dismiss them all without offering even a simple rebuttal.

Old 12-22-2023, 07:30 PM

2,453 posts, read 1,457,053 times
Quote:
I guess you're showing us how much you know about science.

Is astronomy and astrophysics wrong about the age of the universe? Why do you think so? Be specific.

Is geology, archeology or anthropology wrong about the age of the earth? Which science got it wrong? Why do you think that? How far off are their estimates, and why do you think they got it wrong?

There is such a wide range of disciplines involved that are in general agreement that I'd really like to know how you can dismiss them all without offering even a simple rebuttal.

I don't want to get too deep with this thought. I want to keep the questions focused on my understanding of my God. But many physicists agree, that we live in a special time. With the increase of "Dark Energy", many scientists believe the universe will expand forever, faster than light can travel. In over 100 billion years from now, many agree distant light from galaxies far away won't be visible, even for the most powerful of telescopes. In that day, any creature doing science by observation will assume their galaxy is the only one, and thus the Big Bang won't be a reality to them. If all that is true, how do we know we don't already have missing observable evidence that leads to a different vision of the past? This is all I'm saying.

If we look at everything from a natural perspective, there is no doubt we will come to a naturalistic explanation of history. Yet if you throw a creator in the mix, who can create things at the snap of the fingers, then the actual history is different.

Old 12-22-2023, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I don't want to get too deep with this thought. I want to keep the questions focused on my understanding of my God. But many physicists agree, that we live in a special time. With the increase of "Dark Energy", many scientists believe the universe will expand forever, faster than light can travel. In over 100 billion years from now, many agree distant light from galaxies far away won't be visible, even for the most powerful of telescopes. In that day, any creature doing science by observation will assume their galaxy is the only one, and thus the Big Bang won't be a reality to them. If all that is true, how do we know we don't already have missing observable evidence that leads to a different vision of the past? This is all I'm saying.

If we look at everything from a natural perspective, there is no doubt we will come to a naturalistic explanation of history. Yet if you throw a creator in the mix, who can create things at the snap of the fingers, then the actual history is different.

In other words, you have no reason to disagree with the science disciplines I mentioned.

Old 12-22-2023, 08:41 PM

50,911 posts, read 24,413,204 times
Quote:
No. Just no.

Old 12-22-2023, 09:10 PM

50,911 posts, read 24,413,204 times
Quote:
In other words, you have no reason to disagree with the science disciplines I mentioned.
He is infatuated with religion. It's a common problem.

Old 12-22-2023, 11:16 PM

16,809 posts, read 5,007,458 times
Quote:
He is identity, or we could say He is the law of identity. Everything comes from Him, and everything is sustained in Him.
You are just repeating your claim without addressing the logic. If your god is the law of identity, then it can not have created it, and therefore your god did not create everything.

Old 12-22-2023, 11:21 PM

16,809 posts, read 5,007,458 times
Quote:
Well, if you're asking me, I believe science is off concerning the whole of history. Not in range of time specifically, but of it's rendering of history itself. I believe there is a better explanation, in that God created this place, and the universe itself. Science assumes a lot from our observation of the world today.
Except science is not presuming things, you are. Saying a god did it is not an explanation, it is an assertion.

Old 12-23-2023, 01:16 AM

9,829 posts, read 7,277,247 times
Quote:
You appear to understand nothing about any of the things you are saying.

Science is the systematic endeavor of how we gain and organize knowledge, via directly observing, predicting, and testing. It involves empirical evidence, experimentation, and peer review.

The explanations we get from this endeavor, are the things that we can actually observe and test and accurately predict.

Do you understand how carbon dating works? There is no evidence that humans as we know them lived anywhere near alongside dinosaurs. All the evidence we have, including DNA, backs this up as fact. The dinos lived millions of years before any humans were around.

Early forms of mammals may have co-existed with dinosaurs before their mass extinction, which would be our ancient ancestors, but nothing at all like humans.

You just asserting as fact random crap you want to believe, without any evidence, is not a better explanation than observation and evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality