Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2023, 03:41 PM

11,070 posts, read 7,135,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
If I needed reassurance (which I don't) I'd confer with a respected personal source rather than an anonymous poster on C-D, particularly one who holds views that are contrary to my beliefs anyway.
Same here. I've already spotted a number of erroneous assumptions on his part.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 12-15-2023 at 03:52 PM..

Old 12-15-2023, 04:22 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Lol, yeah.

Or why does anyone have wisdom teeth, that often need to be taken out (and are less common these days, indicating evolution), if God spontaneously snapped modern humanity into existence?

Or why do over 60% of humans need corrective lenses? All-perfect God makes design flaws and defects in his creations on purpose, I guess?
All of that bad stuff occurred because Adam and Eve ate some fruit. Until that happened, the Christian God had made everything perfectly.

That's the model, anyway.

Old 12-15-2023, 04:28 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Default Shortened quote to spare needless scrolling

From post #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
According to my understanding of Scripture, God doesn't change. His nature at the forefront is love, and He judges in righteousness
... In the beginning, we see He supplied (speaking of humanity) Adam and Eve with abundance...
He will make righteous judgments. (Which seems angry and wrathful to the ones who receive it).
Ah, so you didn't give YOUR opinion...but rather repeated back something you read. OK.
That actually is what most people do. That's fine.
Hi there, Mystic.

Old 12-15-2023, 04:36 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Well, it's possible when Jesus became human, He became just like Adam. So He laid down His glory and put on flesh. That possibly could be why He doesn't know when He will come back, but perhaps there is more to it.

God's name, Yahweh, means "He Is" or "He Will Be". So He has no beginning nor end. He just Is. I don't know what He is made of, but Scripture tells us God is spirit. So if we know what spirit is made of, perhaps we could begin to understand what makes up God. I don't know how He knows everything, and He also sees everything.

I don't know. Can't hurt to have discussion.

His unfiltered presence.

Can't say.

Abraham's father Terah?
Whatt is His unfiltered presence?

Old 12-15-2023, 04:37 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
The Father's full presence is outside the universe.
Now this is true to your op....this is your opinion. Thank you.
It does not happen to be mine, but so what. We all have opinions or experiences or beliefs.

Old 12-15-2023, 05:17 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,443,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Whatt is His unfiltered presence?

His presence in all it's glory. We see stars from afar, with our sun being the closest. If they somehow teleported near us, we would be scorched, or we would be flattened by the gravity, or ultimately we would die. A star up close is the full presence of that star. Well, God's "full presence" isn't 93 million miles away, but outside the universe.

That said, He is near as well, just not His full unfiltered presence. So He is near, and far away at the same time. Scripture tells us He fills the heavens and the earth.

Old 12-15-2023, 05:23 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Well, it's possible when Jesus became human, He became just like Adam. So He laid down His glory and put on flesh. That possibly could be why He doesn't know when He will come back, but perhaps there is more to it.

Didn’t we just establish the fact that the kind and specie does not change?
Can an elephant’s son become a frog?

And let’s say, God decided to lay down ALL his glory and powers to become a full human like Adam - but once a human - you don’t have the ability to become a God. Cuz if this is the case then Adam would’ve also become a God and refused to come down to earth and kept on eating the forbidden fruit.

How did that work out?

Old 12-15-2023, 05:29 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
His presence in all it's glory. We see stars from afar, with our sun being the closest. If they somehow teleported near us, we would be scorched, or we would be flattened by the gravity, or ultimately we would die. A star up close is the full presence of that star. Well, God's "full presence" isn't 93 million miles away, but outside the universe.

That said, He is near as well, just not His full unfiltered presence. So He is near, and far away at the same time. Scripture tells us He fills the heavens and the earth.
What does all that mean?

Old 12-15-2023, 06:04 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,443,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Didn’t we just establish the fact that the kind and specie does not change?
Can an elephant’s son become a frog?

And let’s say, God decided to lay down ALL his glory and powers to become a full human like Adam - but once a human - you don’t have the ability to become a God. Cuz if this is the case then Adam would’ve also become a God and refused to come down to earth and kept on eating the forbidden fruit.

How did that work out?

Nothing is impossible for God in terms of ability. (Of course I hear those in the background saying 'If that is true, why doesn't He just do this or do that?' God chooses to do what He wills, and He won't do anything that violates His word) If God wanted, He can make us like Him, that is give us the power to create, but of course He is "The" Creator. We can never overrule Him.

Ultimately, Jesus did lay His glory down and became like us. This could be why He doesn't know the hour of His return. It could be another reason. I couldn't say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What does all that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Does that really mean anything to you, or is it just verbiage and talk to sound enlightened?

Some find basic and simple ways to see and access God. Others make it so complicated and convoluted. You could be in the latter camp.

Of course I'm just stating what Scripture says about His attributes, but there's no doubt, God's full unadulterated presence is outside the universe. At least this is how I understand it to be. In Jeremiah 23:23-25 it states........

“Am I only a God nearby,” declares the LORD, “and not a God far away?” “Can a man hide in secret places where I cannot see him?” declares the LORD. “Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?” declares the LORD......

So He is nearby and far away. He fills the heavens and the earth. Many Christians say if He fills the universe, that states His omnipresence. They are correct, but God also said He is far away. That "far away" would be His presence in all it's glory and power. Something that would cause our bodies to melt away. Not just our bodies, but also the universe itself. And my response to this would be, why not?

Old 12-15-2023, 06:30 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Nothing is impossible for God in terms of ability. (Of course I hear those in the background saying 'If that is true, why doesn't He just do this or do that?' God chooses to do what He wills, and He won't do anything that violates His word) If God wanted, He can make us like Him, that is give us the power to create, but of course He is "The" Creator. We can never overrule Him.

Ultimately, Jesus did lay His glory down and became like us. This could be why He doesn't know the hour of His return. It could be another reason. I couldn't say.
Do you wanna read your own sentence in bold again?

“Nothing is impossible for God in terms of ability”

This is true

But when you become a human then there are many things that are impossible for you.

A human’s ability to become a God is one of them.

So Jesus is human - and if he human than neither he is God nor he has the ability to become one.

Jesus can’t be God.

It’s straight forward assertion from your logic and explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality