Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2023, 07:05 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Do you wanna read your own sentence in bold again?

“Nothing is impossible for God in terms of ability”

This is true

But when you become a human then there are many things that are impossible for you.

A human’s ability to become a God is one of them.

So Jesus is human - and if he human than neither he is God nor he has the ability to become one.

Jesus can’t be God.

It’s straight forward assertion from your logic and explanation.
Couldn’t He have called 10,000 angels?

Old 12-15-2023, 07:48 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,313,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn of ‘83 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaG9SDxwPBg&t=1s

good song

Old 12-15-2023, 08:08 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Well, if we are plugging angel youtubes...: ''100,000 Angels'' by Bliss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQx8oHEnq5Q&t=19s

Old 12-15-2023, 08:23 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,131 times
Quote:
As a human?
No he could’ve not because humans don’t have that ability.

Old 12-15-2023, 08:35 PM

Quote:
As a human?
No he could’ve not because humans don’t have that ability.
Jesus said He could and Satan knew He could.

Old 12-15-2023, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Jesus said He could and Satan knew He could.
And then what happened?
Was Jesus bluffing?

Old 12-15-2023, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Well, it's possible when Jesus became human, He became just like Adam. So He laid down His glory and put on flesh.
A minute ago, you said Jesus is God because he is the son of God.
Now you are saying, Jesus is human?

Which one is it?
Is Jesus God, son of God, human? A hybrid of part God and part human who keep switching to support your personal satisfaction in order to justify the answers you are trying to give based on your opinion? Is he all of the above? None of the above ?

Old 12-15-2023, 11:43 PM

16,768 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
God's name, Yahweh, means "He Is" or "He Will Be". So He has no beginning nor end. He just Is. I don't know what He is made of, but Scripture tells us God is spirit. So if we know what spirit is made of, perhaps we could begin to understand what makes up God. I don't know how He knows everything, and He also sees everything.
You missed "If your god invented everything, what was it before it created the law of identity?". Think of the logical implications of the question.

And we have had several of the paradoxes about things like creating something so heavy he can not lift it, but what about can a god make itself not exist? And what would happen if it did?

And if a god knows everything, does it know what it is like to be gay, and to enjoy gay sex?

Old 12-16-2023, 01:17 AM

Quote:
And then what happened?
Was Jesus bluffing?
No, He decided He must succumb to the Father’s will.

Old 12-16-2023, 06:07 AM

2,412 posts, read 1,445,126 times
Quote:
Do you wanna read your own sentence in bold again?

“Nothing is impossible for God in terms of ability”

This is true

But when you become a human then there are many things that are impossible for you.

A human’s ability to become a God is one of them.

So Jesus is human - and if he human than neither he is God nor he has the ability to become one.

Jesus can’t be God.

It’s straight forward assertion from your logic and explanation.

In essence Jesus is still God, even when He became man. He just laid down His glory, and put on flesh. How did He do that? Remember what Gabriel told Mary. He said the Holy Spirit would overshadow her and she would conceived. So the Holy Spirit, who is God, caused Jesus to become flesh. The same Spirit raised Jesus from the dead.

So again not to confuse, Jesus is still God (Person), but was made flesh by the power of the Holy Spirit. By the same power, Jesus can take up His attributes again. In fact while He was on the earth, all the miracles He did, He did by the power of the Holy Spirit. For us Christians He's our example of how we should operate. Right now He is in heaven in glory, but perhaps He still withholds that information about His return from Himself. Yet again let me say this may be one reason why Jesus doesn't know.

So do you understand what I'm saying? Jesus when made flesh, is still Jesus. His personhood and personality was still His. He was just a man now. No, He didn't have His attributes, but He was still Himself in essence. Say if God transformed me into a frog. I would still be "me", just I would be a frog now. That's what I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
You missed "If your god invented everything, what was it before it created the law of identity?". Think of the logical implications of the question.

And we have had several of the paradoxes about things like creating something so heavy he can not lift it, but what about can a god make itself not exist? And what would happen if it did?

And if a god knows everything, does it know what it is like to be gay, and to enjoy gay sex?

I've explained Yahweh didn't have a beginning, He has no end. He just is. (That is the meaning of His name) So He was the same before creation. Can God create a rock He can't lift, perhaps not. Can He make Himself not exist, perhaps not. That is not a rub on His attribute of nothing being impossible for Him. As for knowing everything, I've addressed some of that in some of my earlier posts (I think).

I'll be back later to discuss some more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality