Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-16-2023, 06:46 AM
 
2,771 posts, read 2,668,570 times
Reputation: 255

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Can God create a rock He can't lift, perhaps not.
this is invalid Question
the answer should not be yes or no or may be or may be not
the correct answer is the question is invalid

for example some one did not enter Jail and some asked him

Have you got out of the Jail?

if yes that means he was in Jail
if no that means he is Jail

and both answer are wrong

also it is Wrong that Jesus is God
it is Wrong that Jesus is the Son of God
trinty is Wrong
it is wrong that Jesus was crossified
it is wrong that Jesus died
it is right that Jesus ascendinf to Heaven
it is right that Jesus will come again to earth by two angels
it is right that Jesus is a messenger from God
The god send 4 Holy Books and 2 scriptures and they are
The Holy Torah send to the messenger Musa (Moses )
The Holy Psalms (Zaboor) send to the Prophet Dawood (David)
The Holy Gospel (Ingeel) send to the messenger Isa (Jesus)
The Holy Quran send to the final messenger Mahammad
and the scriptures are
...The scriptures of Ibrahim and Musa.


All the 4 above books are not remaining the same as it was from the god except The final one The Holy Quran.
and The Holy Quran Abrogated all the previous Holy Books.

The first Prophet was Adam and the last Prophet is Mahammad
and total messengers from Allah are 315 messengers and Jesus is one of them
and it is about +/_ 6000 years since Adam was created but not the earth and there was creatures in the earth before Adam

Last edited by truth_teller; 12-16-2023 at 07:14 AM..

 
Old 12-16-2023, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Germany
16,772 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Reputation: 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
I've explained Yahweh didn't have a beginning, He has no end. He just is. (That is the meaning of His name) So He was the same before creation.
So he could have been any of the trillions and trillions of possible things, but he just happened to remain a god, which is trillions and trillions:1 improbable OR the law of identity was always true, and therefore your god can not have created it (and therefore did not create everything)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
As for knowing everything, I've addressed some of that in some of my earlier posts (I think).


I'll be back later to discuss some more.
I will try and go back and read the answers, but I have a lot of work to do preparing for Christmas, it may be the last big family event we ever have before my oldest daughter goes to University, so I want to make it special.
 
Old 12-16-2023, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Germany
16,772 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Reputation: 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
this is invalid Question
the answer should not be yes or no or may be or may be not
the correct answer is the question is invalid
It is valid, you just can not answer the paradox.
 
Old 12-16-2023, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma
17,791 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Reputation: 17819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
It is valid, you just can not answer the paradox.
Probably need to point out the actual object lesson in the rock/lift or microwave/hot burrito paradox.

And that is the fact that there is really no such thing as omnipotence.
 
Old 12-16-2023, 10:22 AM
 
Location: USA
18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Reputation: 8524
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
A minute ago, you said Jesus is God because he is the son of God.
Now you are saying, Jesus is human?

Which one is it?
Is Jesus God, son of God, human? A hybrid of part God and part human who keep switching to support your personal satisfaction in order to justify the answers you are trying to give based on your opinion? Is he all of the above? None of the above ?
Well, you see, Jesus was both 100% God and 100% human. Or at least that’s the Standard Model of Jesus. If you really want to get technical, Jesus is part of the Trinity. But that gets even more complicated.
 
Old 12-16-2023, 10:43 AM
 
6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
Reputation: 2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Well, you see, Jesus was both 100% God and 100% human. Or at least that’s the Standard Model of Jesus. If you really want to get technical, Jesus is part of the Trinity. But that gets even more complicated.
Yeah, reminds me of this


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3rvJJma3Sk
 
Old 12-16-2023, 10:54 AM
 
1,480 posts, read 479,838 times
Reputation: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Probably need to point out the actual object lesson in the rock/lift or microwave/hot burrito paradox.

And that is the fact that there is really no such thing as omnipotence.
The actual object lesson is that you are declaring yourself omniscient and all wise and are claiming yourself as all power over the One True God...

...Just as the Satan/serpent did in his beguiling lie. Claiming yourself as light while seeking to place the One True God as darkness.

You have claimed as fact that there is no such thing as omnipotence. Which means that you have declared yourself omniscient in making your claim.

You have no full comprehension of omniscience and omnipotence. To fully know the completeness of omnipotence you must first know complete weakness, as the One True God has said, His strength is perfected in weakness...

...To fully know the completeness of omniscience, is the power to separate the known from the unknown, to separate good from evil in complete equity, to separate Life from Death in complete equity, just as in following God's word from the beginning it is so...

...The One True God forgives those who accept and acknowledge the Blood of the Covenant, and in His omniscience has the omnipotence to separate in me the known from the unknown, the good from the evil, the Life from the Death, as He says my sins and corruption are remembered no more. To share in the Life, surrounded by all together goodness in a marriage of One Togetherness with the One True God and the Life He shares all around, with a name from God, and to have eyes that only see all together loving goodness.

You only seek to proclaim the pinnacle of omniscience and omnipotence with no foundation under your feet, just like the Satan/serpent did. You claim to know what belongs in the light and what belongs in the darkness, while claiming yourself to be light over and against the One True God. While omniscience and omnipotence knows the full range of everything, to act or to not act, to return all lies to the unknown in complete darkness, or even the time of remaining in the unknown while the world casts all its lying darkness about the One True God and letting the fallen nature run its course, while those who have a heart to seek and to genuinely know look to the One True Light.

By default, when you make as your claim that there is no such thing as omniscience and omnipotence. You can only forever seek the unknown in increasing to complete darkness as the knowledge you have claimed as fact and truth is a forever dissipating claim and you get what you have asked for by nature as you can only seek to forever prove omniscience and omnipotence do not exist, like a crucible burning with no gold to pour out.

To look too and know the omniscience and omnipotence of the One True God, is to seek His Heart of knowing and to have a heart known by Him.

Last edited by chief scum; 12-16-2023 at 11:09 AM..
 
Old 12-16-2023, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Northeastern US
19,994 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Reputation: 9933
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
You have claimed as fact that there is no such thing as omnipotence. Which means that you have declared yourself omniscient in making your claim.
Not at all. Omniscience, or any other concept, can be tested by logical argument, and it has failed this test. Omniscience is an internally inconsistent, logically incoherent concept.

It is just something that believers trot out hoping people will not examine it but simply accept it as asserted. Which is the whole point of religion really, it is a failed epistemology based on unsubstantiatable assertions.
 
Old 12-16-2023, 01:08 PM
 
1,480 posts, read 479,838 times
Reputation: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Not at all. Omniscience, or any other concept, can be tested by logical argument, and it has failed this test. Omniscience is an internally inconsistent, logically incoherent concept.

It is just something that believers trot out hoping people will not examine it but simply accept it as asserted. Which is the whole point of religion really, it is a failed epistemology based on unsubstantiatable assertions.
Are you claiming to be omniscient in what you wrote, and even your judgement on someone who believes in God as if you are all knowing of their very heart, and claiming someone who believes in God is speaking in ignorance and with an intent to deceive?

It seems that you just tossed aside all the rest of my post.

Last edited by chief scum; 12-16-2023 at 01:25 PM..
 
Old 12-16-2023, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Seattle, WA
9,830 posts, read 7,261,099 times
Reputation: 7790
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Not at all. Omniscience, or any other concept, can be tested by logical argument, and it has failed this test. Omniscience is an internally inconsistent, logically incoherent concept.

It is just something that believers trot out hoping people will not examine it but simply accept it as asserted. Which is the whole point of religion really, it is a failed epistemology based on unsubstantiatable assertions.
This.

Omnipotence is a similarly incoherent concept, as is free will. Religion all falls apart on any real examination and critical analysis.

Merry Christmas, all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top