Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-02-2024, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma
17,815 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Reputation: 17851

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I have felt the presence of God and He’s so awesome and I have felt Jesus at least three times.
So how could you tell it was Jesus you were feeling instead of the regular "presence of God" that you normally feel? Or is this one of those... "if you don't have the Holy Spirit you can't possibly understand' type of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-02-2024, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Southern California
2,074 posts, read 2,164,560 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I understand. Perhaps more than you realize, I understand. I have had similar experience but in time I no longer felt these experiences were/are what you believe them to be. How I determine something is true differs from your way considerably too.

Not that you are the only one of course. Not by a long shot. Just my perspective is all, and my reason(s) for having the perspective I do...
My wish is that you will give God another try. He is so loving and when our souls are open and we feel the very essence of His being, His Divine Love, flow into our souls, there is no mistaking it as the more you have then your soul expands. Most times, it’s a warm feeling in your heart area. I have even felt the Pentecostal showers and that was fantastic.

Jesus came down here in 1914 to write these messages and when I finally read one of them, I cried because I knew it was him. He brings the truth and many things in the Bible are not. Like Jesus being God. That’s a big “No!” Like Jesus dying on the cross to save our sins. Another big lie. He died because he was murdered.

And what about the Virgin Mary? Pure bunk! Mary and Joseph were married then along came baby Jesus! That story in Matthew was a ridiculous story. Let’s get real.

God is a creator. He doesn’t have a wife. He’s never been married. He is a soul. Just like we have a soul in our bodies. But His soul is perfect because He will never have to endure what we have to on this earth. But He is loving and forgiving and wants all of His millions of children to live near Him in the highest Heavens where Jesus lives-the Celestial Heavens. When we follow Him, life becomes easier and blessings abound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2024, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Southern California
2,074 posts, read 2,164,560 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So how could you tell it was Jesus you were feeling instead of the regular "presence of God" that you normally feel? Or is this one of those... "if you don't have the Holy Spirit you can't possibly understand' type of things.
When I felt Jesus the first time, I was sitting outside by my patio table. I had this feeling that he was there and then I heard him speak in my thoughts - thanking me for what I was doing to share the good news of God’s Divine Love. Then he poured his love on me. It was so intense, it made me cry. This happened to me twice. And he has also done this with other people who I know.

The feeling of God is different. He is immense. Like a huge ball of energy. That is what I could see with my spiritual sight. In the air above me, I felt His sweetness and His humility. He is loving and caring and fun! A few years ago, I spent every day for a month asking Him to give me a hug. The feeling was awesome. I have also sent to Him all the love in my heart and soul and I always get a huge amount of His right back at me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2024, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
50,867 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Reputation: 32989
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
My wish is that you will give God another try. He is so loving and when our souls are open and we feel the very essence of His being, His Divine Love, flow into our souls, there is no mistaking it as the more you have then your soul expands. Most times, it’s a warm feeling in your heart area. I have even felt the Pentecostal showers and that was fantastic.

Jesus came down here in 1914 to write these messages and when I finally read one of them, I cried because I knew it was him. He brings the truth and many things in the Bible are not. Like Jesus being God. That’s a big “No!” Like Jesus dying on the cross to save our sins. Another big lie. He died because he was murdered.

And what about the Virgin Mary? Pure bunk! Mary and Joseph were married then along came baby Jesus! That story in Matthew was a ridiculous story. Let’s get real.

God is a creator. He doesn’t have a wife. He’s never been married. He is a soul. Just like we have a soul in our bodies. But His soul is perfect because He will never have to endure what we have to on this earth. But He is loving and forgiving and wants all of His millions of children to live near Him in the highest Heavens where Jesus lives-the Celestial Heavens. When we follow Him, life becomes easier and blessings abound.
Just no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2024, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Southern California
2,074 posts, read 2,164,560 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Just no.
Okay, well how about this. God’s Divine Love is free. No need to get out your wallet. And at some point, you don’t even have to say a prayer or ask God to fill you up. It just flows in on its own.

Another sweet thing about God is that the souls He creates are duplex - male and female. Some beliefs refer to them as Twin Flames. Jesus calls them soulmates. We may or may not know them here, but we will when we are both in the spirit world. Eventually, we will be together with our true love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2024, 07:18 PM
 
Location: The Piedmont of North Carolina
6,046 posts, read 2,856,281 times
Reputation: 7684
Yes, they do. My prayers are answered every single time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2024, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
50,867 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Reputation: 32989
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Okay, well how about this. God’s Divine Love is free. No need to get out your wallet. And at some point, you don’t even have to say a prayer or ask God to fill you up. It just flows in on its own.

Another sweet thing about God is that the souls He creates are duplex - male and female. Some beliefs refer to them as Twin Flames. Jesus calls them soulmates. We may or may not know them here, but we will when we are both in the spirit world. Eventually, we will be together with our true love.
Fantasy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2024, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Red River Texas
23,177 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Reputation: 2340
I know that people can work miracles, only not by the holy spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2024, 08:52 AM
 
29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times
Reputation: 3473
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
My wish is that you will give God another try. He is so loving and when our souls are open and we feel the very essence of His being, His Divine Love, flow into our souls, there is no mistaking it as the more you have then your soul expands. Most times, it’s a warm feeling in your heart area. I have even felt the Pentecostal showers and that was fantastic.

Jesus came down here in 1914 to write these messages and when I finally read one of them, I cried because I knew it was him. He brings the truth and many things in the Bible are not. Like Jesus being God. That’s a big “No!” Like Jesus dying on the cross to save our sins. Another big lie. He died because he was murdered.

And what about the Virgin Mary? Pure bunk! Mary and Joseph were married then along came baby Jesus! That story in Matthew was a ridiculous story. Let’s get real.

God is a creator. He doesn’t have a wife. He’s never been married. He is a soul. Just like we have a soul in our bodies. But His soul is perfect because He will never have to endure what we have to on this earth. But He is loving and forgiving and wants all of His millions of children to live near Him in the highest Heavens where Jesus lives-the Celestial Heavens. When we follow Him, life becomes easier and blessings abound.
I've never not given God a chance...

Again, I can relate to much you describe in the way of these feelings and emotions when I believed in God. What has me an atheist today has nothing to do with giving God a try or another try. Or feelings. I can and do feel strong emotions about a good many things, and I am open to all emotions generated by whatever might cause me to feel them. I'm not closed to any of them, but I can't somehow have emotions based on something I can't recognize to exist. I don't know how to do that.

Perhaps you can appreciate what I am explaining by pointing out how you do the same thing. What you think is "pure bunk" and/or ridiculous, others fervently believe to be true. With all their open heart! Now ask yourself, if/when someone in all seriousness and sincerity asks you to believe something they do but you don't, how can you bring yourself to think or feel what they do?

My life has become no more difficult since I became an atheist in any case. These are assumptions or presumptions forever made about believing in God that religious people just don't seem able or willing to accept. Becoming an atheist was rather liberating in fact, and it has helped me to live a more simple, honest and comfortable life. A life, that if there were a God, might very likely approve. One I always feel is better than I deserve. Free of many fears, concerns and "baggage" that it seems so many religious people must carry one way or another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2024, 08:57 AM
 
29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times
Reputation: 3473
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Just no.
"He doesn’t have a wife. He’s never been married."

This might explain a lot actually...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top