Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2024, 07:42 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

God worked miracles and answered many prayers before Jesus. God guided people's lives and intervened in the lives of many
Before Jesus and the power that worked miracles want always God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2024, 07:51 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
God worked miracles and answered many prayers before Jesus. God guided people's lives and intervened in the lives of many
Before Jesus and the power that worked miracles want always God.
How do you know that?

Old 01-04-2024, 09:24 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Ah shucks. Too kind...

You do a good job of explaining what you believe and why, but of course much that you seem to rely upon doesn't have the same value for me. Doesn't work the same way for me. I will be the first to admit I am no better at comprehending language that mortals can't comprehend, but I'm more than a little reluctant to accept what other mere mortals seem to claim about such things. I can't help what my brain has me concluding along these lines anyway. It's the only one I've got. I don't really subscribe to a belief in souls, but if I have one regardless according to you, it's not helping me to think or feel any differently. Not for a very long time now. Open as I have been to any of those possibilities. Believe me.

Good in any case your beliefs are working for you. Helping you to live the life you want to live. I think we share that pleasure. Just in different ways for different reasons. Nothing wrong with that if it's our feelings and how we want to live that is all we care to consider when it comes to matters such as these.

What is the truth of these matters on the other hand? The question for the ages! Something we simply don't answer the same way for a good many variety of reasons. That's all. I am glad we both seem to be in such good condition either way. Though I am fully aware things could "change on a dime" for me at any given time.

Best!
I totally understand where you're coming from about accepting what I'm trying my best to explain. I was reluctant myself for two years. I just wasn't interested. But there is a secret that I learned, which I will tell you. In my case, I heard about the messages as someone was talking to me. While I was in the "state" of listening, unbeknownst to me, my soul was being prepared to open, so that it would receive God's Divine Love.

In the messages, it says that God is always knocking on our heart (soul) and hoping that someday it will open. Here's an excerpt of a very sweet message from Mr. Padgett's Grandmother received on December 12, 1914.

"The Importance of getting the Divine Love in The Soul

I am here, your Grandmother.

I wish to tell you more about the things of the spirit, for they are the important things that you should know. You are very near the Kingdom, and if you keep on trying to have more of God's Love in your soul, you will soon realize the full joy and peace which comes with such possession. Try to let your heart receive more of His Love, for He is always ready and waiting to bestow His Love upon you. He is the one Lovely Father for you to long for and keep with you in all your thoughts.

Do not let the worries of life keep you from loving and believing that He wants you to become one with Him in Love and Grace. He is not only waiting for you to let His Love flow into your heart, but He is anxiously knocking at the door of your heart, that you may open and let Him enter.

Be true to your best spiritual longings, and you will soon feel that you have got that in your soul which will give you perfect peace and happiness. You are only now beginning to learn that you must feel that your Father is so near you, that He must become a part of your life and being. When that Love has fully taken possession of you, you will know that you are His own true and reconciled son, just as all are who have come into a realization of that Love. So do not doubt that you may become such a son of your Father, for I tell you that I know from my own experience, the grandeur of living in the favor of His Blessing.

Be my own dear boy and do try to reach out and get this Love. You must not let the things of your earth life keep you from the higher things that the Father has prepared to give you. You will soon know, as I know, that the only things worth striving after are the things of this spiritual Love of the Father. Be more anxious to get this knowledge, and it will come to you in all its beauty and convincing force. I so wish that you could see the Holy Spirit's work among men and spirits, for then you would not doubt any more that God is a God of Love, and not of anger or retribution.

Keep praying, for that is the one great means to receive the Love of God. Without prayer men cannot reach the answering ear of the Father's Grace. He will hear the penitent only, for He will not accept anyone who is not truly and anxiously [earnestly] seeking Him. Man has a will to either accept or reject the Love of God, and until he exercises his will in a way to show that he wants that Love, it will not be given him. No man is ever forced to love God or to let God's Love come into his heart.

The Love of God cannot be defined, for it passes all understanding, but the result of that Love, when in the souls of men, can be seen and felt, in the exceeding beauty in the countenances of men, and in their wonderful happiness.

No fear of death or anything that maketh afraid can possibly exist where this Love is. It is not the Love that permits any feelings of jealousy or envy to have an entrance, but is so perfect and all soul filling that there cannot possibly be any room for anything but its own great self. I know that the Love of God is the only thing that can make man supremely happy while on earth, and after he becomes a spirit.

My love for Him is such that I love every one of His creatures, be they saints or sinners. And that is the difference between the love that He inspires in His children, and the love that exists among men and spirits, which has not His Love for its foundation.

Be sure that no man can be perfectly happy without this Divine Love..."

Read the full message here

When James Padgett learned that he was chosen by Jesus as the medium to receive his writings, he was a Christian and was very active in his church. It took him several months to believe that it was really Jesus, because he thought Jesus was God. And he didn't begin praying for Divine Love immediately either. He was an attorney and he needed evidence. When he finally did get the evidence - the inflow of Divine Love in his soul - he became a true beiiever.

One thing that I want to point out about the messages is that they refer to men and women as "men" or "mankind." That's the way it was written in 1914-1922 and the messages posted on the internet are authentic.

Old 01-05-2024, 03:01 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
How do you know that?
I know it personally, I tested God how he told me to test him, and there was no more doubt I found the extra vessel, and then I went to those who sell oil and so I sold everything I had purchasing oil. I also found a great pearl of Much value and I purchase the field. In which I found it in.

I also DC I'd great works as a weaver of fine linen and I purchased gold refined in the fire. I purchase heavy balm also.

After I had done all these things a spirit came to me and spoke with me for about an hour.

Old 01-05-2024, 08:23 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I know it personally, I tested God how he told me to test him, and there was no more doubt I found the extra vessel, and then I went to those who sell oil and so I sold everything I had purchasing oil. I also found a great pearl of Much value and I purchase the field. In which I found it in.

I also DC I'd great works as a weaver of fine linen and I purchased gold refined in the fire. I purchase heavy balm also.

After I had done all these things a spirit came to me and spoke with me for about an hour.
What the hell are you talking about?

Old 01-05-2024, 10:03 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm not saying it's your own fault. I'm saying, this is what works for me, and it doesn't change my truth and my belief if you say it doesn't work for you. So, in that sense, I don't care what you say, don't care about your demands for proof, this is what works for me and I don't owe you a convincing debate.

Similar, to me saying when I get a tickle or cough in my throat, I pop in a Fisherman's Friend lozenge, and it's GONE, immediately. Someone telling me that doesn't work for them doesn't make me stop buying Fisherman's Friend, or even make me feel compelled to tell you why FF works for me. Or even discover what the ingredients are, and why they work.
Sure, but then there are professionals who feel it is very important to establish whether a drug works or doesn't and why. They would be counting on honest, credible and testable reactions to the drug and often use a placebo with the test group to establish what really works or doesn't and why. For lots of people like these (and me), the question or goal is to establish the actual truths of these matters. Not how anyone may or may not feel about whatever they think works for them for whatever their personal reasons. On a very personal level, of course you are free to feel and believe whatever you like.

I don't think anyone in this forum disputes your right to do so. Along with all the others who might believe whatever they might same as you or differently. For some of us, however, there is a significant interest in knowing what is the actual truth of these matters beyond anyone's personal say so. That's all...

Old 01-05-2024, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw222 View Post
Pray for god to help you do your best at the interview and tailoring your resume for this job. Pray for acceptance of gods will.

How do you know this job is going to make you a better as a Christian?

Life on earth is not the goal, it’s to be the best Christian you can and to let others see Christian in you so they follow and worship him too. The goal is life in heaven not a better job on earth.
Goals such as you describe are something of a personal matter to say the least...

I'm not sure how I might describe my life goal or goal(s) and although some might be similar to yours in a way, I wouldn't describe the goal of life on earth the way you do. All depends on who you ask is my point. There is no universal life goal we can all agree upon in any case. Let alone with regard to these beliefs about heaven for example. Though I have to believe we are all well aware of this truth, people like you post these comments like this as if they are true for all concerned. Let alone universally accepted. Of course this is NOT true.

Old 01-05-2024, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
So? God said in the bible that a man's life would compromise of 120 years. He never said that EVERYONE would reach 120 years. Look what happened in Genesis, when the lifespan of men was MORE than 120 years.

Maybe...guess it would depend on what awaited them...

Time out. You don't know that they ALL had "loved ones they were responsible for." The NDE'S show that YES, SOME had loved ones, and that they wanted to go back to earth for THAT reason. AND, if that was part of God's plan, God allowed them to make the free decision to go back. Much of NDE'S gives those a choice to either go back...or stay.

I get it as far as that goes. My late husband was on the HazMat team in our county. Lots of death and destruction then...

You say "most" apologists. Yet SOME apologists DO.

Again, you're paying too much attention to what happens on planet earth, to get that earth is NOT our 'destiny'.

Lemme ask you a question (or two...), Mordant. If you were so much of a 'believer' before, what did you think that meant? Did you believe that THIS life wasn't better than the NEXT life?
Aside from all the rest, I think mordant is probably right about how this is much like buffing and waxing a car without wheels.

I like that one...

Old 01-05-2024, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Person Number One prays that an approaching cyclone spares them from what might be a life-threatening and destructive situation. The cyclone misses them but makes landfall further north creating a life-threatening and destructive situation in that area. A similar prayer had previously gone heavenward from Person Number Two in the destruction area. Person Number One's prayer appears to have been answered while the prayer of Person Number Two was ignored. Person Number One rejoices and praises God for having been spared. Person Number Two is devastated and is left to despair and to count his losses.

THIS ^ is an actual regular scenario in the area of Nth QLD where I live during Cyclone Season.
During the four years me and my family lived in Hawaii, our home was on the island of Oahu where Hurricane Iniki was first headed back in 1992. We were all being broadcast serious disaster warnings and how best to protect ourselves from the coming dangerous 200+ MPH winds. In the last hours upon approach, Hurricane Inike decided to veer away from Oahu and turn toward the island of Kauaʻi instead. Where it then did billions of dollars of damage and took seven lives.

I wasn't doing any praying during the whole experience, so I guess I don't have all that much to add here, but I WAS relieved we were spared and very sympathetic toward the people I knew on Kauaʻi along with all the others who lived there. To think a god is in any way involved in the picking or choosing who lives and who dies when it comes to such things -- any things -- always strikes me as somewhat insulting to that god if it were actually to exist.

The THINGS people believe...

Old 01-05-2024, 11:02 AM

4,640 posts, read 1,787,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Aside from all the rest, I think mordant is probably right about how this is much like buffing and waxing a car without wheels.

I like that one...
I first responded to thrill's post. He posted, "1390 people died in Katrina. If 70% of the nation is Christian, then that's 970 Christians that God let die without helping them.?"

It's as if in thrill's mind, that IF someone says they're Christian, that ALL Christians are alike. They all think the same way, believe the same way... and should get 'help' when calling upon the Lord.

Meanwhile, the Bible doesn't say that. It DOES say that as believers, we WILL go through 'trials'.

God never said, "As long as you're a believer, you'll live FOREVER on this earth, in your human bodies."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality